How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi all,

in the script editor we ususally have three panes:
1. List of handlers on the left
2. The actual script on the right
3. At the botton we see the content of variables when debugging etc.

Now I somehow managed to make the bottom pane disappear 8-),
how can I get it back without to quit LC and trash the LC prefs?

Thanks for any hint!

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Do you see the two horizontal lines at the bottom of the window? That is the handle for those panes. Try dragging it up. If you do not see those, not sure what has happened.

Bob S

> On Dec 6, 2019, at 13:21 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> in the script editor we ususally have three panes:
> 1. List of handlers on the left
> 2. The actual script on the right
> 3. At the botton we see the content of variables when debugging etc.
>
> Now I somehow managed to make the bottom pane disappear 8-),
> how can I get it back without to quit LC and trash the LC prefs?
>
> Thanks for any hint!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi Bob,

> Am 06.12.2019 um 23:01 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Do you see the two horizontal lines at the bottom of the window? That is the handle for those panes.
> Try dragging it up. If you do not see those, not sure what has happened.

thanks, the latter one of course, no lines. 8-)

> Bob S
>
>> On Dec 6, 2019, at 13:21 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> in the script editor we ususally have three panes:
>> 1. List of handlers on the left
>> 2. The actual script on the right
>> 3. At the botton we see the content of variables when debugging etc.
>> Now I somehow managed to make the bottom pane disappear 8-),
>> how can I get it back without to quit LC and trash the LC prefs?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
I opened a scriptEditor and the MessageWatcher . . .

The odd thing is that as I drag those 2 horizontal lines up and down
nothing appears in the Massage Watcher: not very helpful.

Richmond.

On 7.12.19 0:03, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
>> Am 06.12.2019 um 23:01 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Do you see the two horizontal lines at the bottom of the window? That is the handle for those panes.
>> Try dragging it up. If you do not see those, not sure what has happened.
> thanks, the latter one of course, no lines. 8-)
>
>> Bob S
>>
>>> On Dec 6, 2019, at 13:21 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> in the script editor we ususally have three panes:
>>> 1. List of handlers on the left
>>> 2. The actual script on the right
>>> 3. At the botton we see the content of variables when debugging etc.
>>> Now I somehow managed to make the bottom pane disappear 8-),
>>> how can I get it back without to quit LC and trash the LC prefs?
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
1. Without killing prefs:

a) open the SE
b) from msg
send "sePrefSet " &quote&"paneHeight"&quote&", 500" \
   to stack "revnewscripteditor"

c) close the SE
d) reopen the SE

2. Kill/Reset prefs.
The height of the bottom pane is stored there.

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi Hermann,

> Am 07.12.2019 um 12:28 schrieb hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
> 1. Without killing prefs:
> a) open the SE
> b) from msg
> send "sePrefSet " &quote&"paneHeight"&quote&", 500" \
>   to stack "revnewscripteditor"
> c) close the SE
> d) reopen the SE
>
> 2. Kill/Reset prefs.
> The height of the bottom pane is stored there.

thank you very much, stored for future use!
In case I manage again to lose the bottom pane. 8-)

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Klaus.
Type CMD-F as if you were trying to simply find something. All those lower tools will reappear.
Craig

Do you see the two horizontal lines at the bottom of the window? That is the handle for those panes. Try dragging it up. If you do not see those, not sure what has happened.

Bob S

> On Dec 6, 2019, at 13:21 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> in the script editor we ususally have three panes:
> 1. List of handlers on the left
> 2. The actual script on the right
> 3. At the botton we see the content of variables when debugging etc.
>
> Now I somehow managed to make the bottom pane disappear 8-),
> how can I get it back without to quit LC and trash the LC prefs?
>
> Thanks for any hint!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de

Re: How to revoke that bottom pane of the script editor?

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi Craig,

> Am 08.12.2019 um 15:45 schrieb dunbarx--- via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus.
> Type CMD-F as if you were trying to simply find something. All those lower tools will reappear.

thanks, already tried that, no cigar...

> Craig

Best

Klaus