Quantcast

How to view custom props

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi folks,
I’m back to working in LC after a hiatus working on other pressing issues. I seem to be missing something important - how to view custom properties. I use them a lot in this project.

In LC 7.1.4 I would use the Stack Inspector, and pull down its top menu to Custom Properties. In this case, all the custom props are of the stack.

In LC 8.1.2, which I would like to use, there is no such pull-down, and I can’t seem to find any way to view contents of Custom Properties! All I find in various docs is to select the object, then choose Object Inspector from the Object menu. Nothing I can figure out will un-gray that choice, but I suspect it would give me the Stack Inspector anyway.

What am I missing, or forgetting? Where would I find this in the sea of documentation?

Feeling a bit ignorant,
Jerry

Re: How to view custom props

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi Jerry,

Right click on the card, and select Stack -> Property Inspector from the
contextual menu.

Then click on the third tab of the stack Property Inspector (=Custom
Properties).

In LC 8 the Property Inspector has tabs instead of a pull down menu. This
allows faster access to the various panes.

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I’m back to working in LC after a hiatus working on other pressing issues.
> I seem to be missing something important - how to view custom properties. I
> use them a lot in this project.
>
> In LC 7.1.4 I would use the Stack Inspector, and pull down its top menu to
> Custom Properties. In this case, all the custom props are of the stack.
>
> In LC 8.1.2, which I would like to use, there is no such pull-down, and I
> can’t seem to find any way to view contents of Custom Properties! All I
> find in various docs is to select the object, then choose Object Inspector
> from the Object menu. Nothing I can figure out will un-gray that choice,
> but I suspect it would give me the Stack Inspector anyway.
>
> What am I missing, or forgetting? Where would I find this in the sea of
> documentation?
>
> Feeling a bit ignorant,
> Jerry

Re: How to view custom props

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Got it. It is better, if not terribly obvious.
Thanks!
Jerry

> On Feb 17, 2017, at 11:40 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Right click on the card, and select Stack -> Property Inspector from the
> contextual menu.
>
> Then click on the third tab of the stack Property Inspector (=Custom
> Properties).
>
> In LC 8 the Property Inspector has tabs instead of a pull down menu. This
> allows faster access to the various panes.
>
> Best,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>> I’m back to working in LC after a hiatus working on other pressing issues.
>> I seem to be missing something important - how to view custom properties. I
>> use them a lot in this project.
>>
>> In LC 7.1.4 I would use the Stack Inspector, and pull down its top menu to
>> Custom Properties. In this case, all the custom props are of the stack.
>>
>> In LC 8.1.2, which I would like to use, there is no such pull-down, and I
>> can’t seem to find any way to view contents of Custom Properties! All I
>> find in various docs is to select the object, then choose Object Inspector
>> from the Object menu. Nothing I can figure out will un-gray that choice,
>> but I suspect it would give me the Stack Inspector anyway.
>>
>> What am I missing, or forgetting? Where would I find this in the sea of
>> documentation?
>>
>> Feeling a bit ignorant,
>> Jerry

Re: How to view custom props

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Try clicking the cog in the top right, and changing the 'Tab Display Style'
to Labels - it should be clearer what the various sections are!

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 7:57 PM Jerry Jensen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it. It is better, if not terribly obvious.
> Thanks!
> Jerry
>
> > On Feb 17, 2017, at 11:40 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jerry,
> >
> > Right click on the card, and select Stack -> Property Inspector from the
> > contextual menu.
> >
> > Then click on the third tab of the stack Property Inspector (=Custom
> > Properties).
> >
> > In LC 8 the Property Inspector has tabs instead of a pull down menu. This
> > allows faster access to the various panes.
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
> > --
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >> I’m back to working in LC after a hiatus working on other pressing
> issues.
> >> I seem to be missing something important - how to view custom
> properties. I
> >> use them a lot in this project.
> >>
> >> In LC 7.1.4 I would use the Stack Inspector, and pull down its top menu
> >> Custom Properties. In this case, all the custom props are of the stack.
> >>
> >> In LC 8.1.2, which I would like to use, there is no such pull-down, and
> >> can’t seem to find any way to view contents of Custom Properties! All I
> >> find in various docs is to select the object, then choose Object
> Inspector
> >> from the Object menu. Nothing I can figure out will un-gray that choice,
> >> but I suspect it would give me the Stack Inspector anyway.
> >>
> >> What am I missing, or forgetting? Where would I find this in the sea of
> >> documentation?
> >>
> >> Feeling a bit ignorant,
> >> Jerry

Re: How to view custom props