Quantcast

Howto read-write-import-export SAP tables

Howto read-write-import-export SAP tables

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi,

Is there some ways to interact with SAP databases (windows)?

I need to:

import / export datas to / from SAP modules

read / write datas.

My knowledge in this area is close to zero, so any hints or links
are very much welcomed.

Kind regards,

Thierry

Re: Howto read-write-import-export SAP tables

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Most ERP systems have an API and external connectors.  You might have to
have SAP do the work, though.  Look up DBCO

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Thierry Douez via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there some ways to interact with SAP databases (windows)?
>
> I need to:
>
> import / export datas to / from SAP modules
>
> read / write datas.
>
> My knowledge in this area is close to zero, so any hints or links
> are very much welcomed.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Thierry

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Howto read-write-import-export SAP tables

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi Thierry,

it might be easier to send IDOCs to SAP, which could either be FIX Record files (if transfered by SAP ALE), or XML (if connector like PO is set up).
Check Transaction WE60 to get an XSD. SAP might need a connector to accept the iDOCs (like for Example PO), but with all possible customisations and User exits I would not dare to write directly to the SAP DB. :-)

Cheers,

Malte