Http get request - How to change the timeout

Http get request - How to change the timeout

Michael Muthmann
i am working on an in-house  iOS mobile app to consume a soap web service.

The response of the web service is really quick, but can take up to a couple of seconds depending on the necessary backend processing of the web service, but his is ok.

My problem starts when the wifi connection is broken.
The app becomes unresponsible for a long time (about 10 to 20 seconds).

My idea is to send a simple http get request with a timeout of about 50-100 milliseconds or less in front of every soap request, to check if the network connection is still ok.

I' am using LC 8.1 business edition.

In the dictionary, searching tsnet  i didn't find any command to change the timeout.