HyperCard on your current Macintosh computer

HyperCard on your current Macintosh computer

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
https://github.com/jedahan/hypermac

On the upper right-hand side of the page there is a green "Clone or
download" button.
Clicking this reveals an menu which has an option "Download Zip".
Extract this zip, then run the app "Mini vMac".

Not me, just something I found on a Yahoo Group.

Re: HyperCard on your current Macintosh computer

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Thanks Richmond.

A lot of the programs at Macintosh Garden
will run on Mini vMac.  You will find a lot of
Hypercard stacks there too.

http://macintoshgarden.org <http://macintoshgarden.org/>

JB

On 5 Apr 2017, at 7:48, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:

> https://github.com/jedahan/hypermac

I couldn't get that version of Mini vMac to run; it couldn't find the
vMac.ROM file. But there's a slightly newer version of the app () that
works well if you put it in there instead. It's at
http://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/

BTW, this is very well timed – I'm currently clearing out my attic; I
dumped half a ton of old floppies but I kept a few gems including old
systems and some games and apps. Now I dodn't even need to try and crank
up my old Mac Plus or SE! :)

Re: HyperCard on your current Macintosh computer

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Same here. I wish I still had all those old 800k floppy disks. I had some great apps on them. I wrote a Monopoly game once when Hypercard was only black and white! That was a trick. It was buggy, but it worked right up until you tried to collect money for someone landing on your property. The dice rolled, the pieces moved etc. Someone saw me programming it, and that was what got me hired in my first IT job.

Bob S