I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

Hello everyone,

I just posted a sample version of my app on LC share, AKA rev online.

It points to my dev server, so there are no problems with you guys posting
test reports.

Hopefully this will help you guys with 3D mapping experiments you may have.
The sample stack pulls images from open street maps without a license. This
is only appropriate for experimenting. For distributing apps, you will need
to get a license with a map provider.

If anyone has any questions about how to do any of the stuff demonstrated
in the app, please feel free to ask them here.

I posted it leading up to my presentation at LC Global on Sept. 21 on 3D
Earth mapping.

Peace,

Jonathan

--
Do all things with love

Re: I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

Thanks for posting this, Jonathon. I’ll definitely look at it. Right now my wife and I are packing up to return to Santa Barbara. We’re in the Columbia Gorge, where there is a wildfire raging about 20 miles away from us and the smoke is a real pain.

Thanks a bunch for sharing.
Bill

> On Sep 5, 2017, at 7:17 PM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just posted a sample version of my app on LC share, AKA rev online.
>
> It points to my dev server, so there are no problems with you guys posting
> test reports.
>
> Hopefully this will help you guys with 3D mapping experiments you may have.
> The sample stack pulls images from open street maps without a license. This
> is only appropriate for experimenting. For distributing apps, you will need
> to get a license with a map provider.
>
> If anyone has any questions about how to do any of the stuff demonstrated
> in the app, please feel free to ask them here.
>
> I posted it leading up to my presentation at LC Global on Sept. 21 on 3D
> Earth mapping.
>
> Peace,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> Do all things with love

Re: I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

Thanks Bill,

I look forward to your observations.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 3:15 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for posting this, Jonathon. I’ll definitely look at it. Right now my wife and I are packing up to return to Santa Barbara. We’re in the Columbia Gorge, where there is a wildfire raging about 20 miles away from us and the smoke is a real pain.
>
> Thanks a bunch for sharing.
> Bill
>
>> On Sep 5, 2017, at 7:17 PM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I just posted a sample version of my app on LC share, AKA rev online.
>>
>> It points to my dev server, so there are no problems with you guys posting
>> test reports.
>>
>> Hopefully this will help you guys with 3D mapping experiments you may have.
>> The sample stack pulls images from open street maps without a license. This
>> is only appropriate for experimenting. For distributing apps, you will need
>> to get a license with a map provider.
>>
>> If anyone has any questions about how to do any of the stuff demonstrated
>> in the app, please feel free to ask them here.
>>
>> I posted it leading up to my presentation at LC Global on Sept. 21 on 3D
>> Earth mapping.
>>
>> Peace,
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> --
>> Do all things with love

Re: I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

Thanks Jonathan, looks interesting - thank you for sharing it.

I have some problems (MacOS 10.10, Mcbook Pro, LC 9.0DP8 Business) -
will email them to you directly.

But (perhaps) more generally interesting for the list - I then tried to
download the iPad version, and ran into "This app is not compatible with
your iPad" - for all 3 of the family's iPads, covering a good range of
iPad models and IOS versions :-)

A close look at the "compatibility" section on the App store makes me
think that you require

  " ... + Cellular".

Is there something in Augmented Earth that requires Cellular ?

Or has that flag been set for some reason ?

Thanks

Alex.

On 06/09/2017 03:17, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just posted a sample version of my app on LC share, AKA rev online.
>
> It points to my dev server, so there are no problems with you guys posting
> test reports.
>
> Hopefully this will help you guys with 3D mapping experiments you may have.
> The sample stack pulls images from open street maps without a license. This
> is only appropriate for experimenting. For distributing apps, you will need
> to get a license with a map provider.
>
> If anyone has any questions about how to do any of the stuff demonstrated
> in the app, please feel free to ask them here.
>
> I posted it leading up to my presentation at LC Global on Sept. 21 on 3D
> Earth mapping.
>
> Peace,
>
> Jonathan

Re: I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

Hi Alex - thank you!

It works a bit like Pokémon Go in that a mobile user can use it to walk around and explore the world. It loads new map tiles as you move. It needs mobile access to the net to do that.

I will explore options for mobile users for when they don't have net access, for the next release.

I have never used LC9 - so I have not tested it that way. I will try it with LC9 and see what the problem is.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 7:00 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jonathan, looks interesting - thank you for sharing it.
>
> I have some problems (MacOS 10.10, Mcbook Pro, LC 9.0DP8 Business) - will email them to you directly.
>
> But (perhaps) more generally interesting for the list - I then tried to download the iPad version, and ran into "This app is not compatible with your iPad" - for all 3 of the family's iPads, covering a good range of iPad models and IOS versions :-)
>
> A close look at the "compatibility" section on the App store makes me think that you require
>
> " ... + Cellular".
>
> Is there something in Augmented Earth that requires Cellular ?
>
> Or has that flag been set for some reason ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex.
>

>> On 06/09/2017 03:17, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I just posted a sample version of my app on LC share, AKA rev online.
>>
>> It points to my dev server, so there are no problems with you guys posting
>> test reports.
>>
>> Hopefully this will help you guys with 3D mapping experiments you may have.
>> The sample stack pulls images from open street maps without a license. This
>> is only appropriate for experimenting. For distributing apps, you will need
>> to get a license with a map provider.
>>
>> If anyone has any questions about how to do any of the stuff demonstrated
>> in the app, please feel free to ask them here.
>>
>> I posted it leading up to my presentation at LC Global on Sept. 21 on 3D
>> Earth mapping.
>>
>> Peace,
>>
>> Jonathan

Re: I just posted an Augmented Earth sample stack on LiveCode share

 With the possibility of tethering, it would be reasonable to see iPad users able to roam with the assistance of an iPhone or another device.    So cellular isn't absolutely required as long as wifi is available.

> On Sep 7, 2017 at 3:34 AM,  <Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode (mailto:[hidden email])>  wrote:
>

>  Hi Alex - thank you! It works a bit like Pokémon Go in that a mobile user can use it to walk around and explore the world. It loads new map tiles as you move. It needs mobile access to the net to do that. I will explore options for mobile users for when they don't have net access, for the next release. I have never used LC9 - so I have not tested it that way. I will try it with LC9 and see what the problem is. Sent from my iPhone  >  On Sep 6, 2017, at 7:00 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:  >   >  Thanks Jonathan, looks interesting - thank you for sharing it.  >   >  I have some problems (MacOS 10.10, Mcbook Pro, LC 9.0DP8 Business) - will email them to you directly.  >   >  But (perhaps) more generally interesting for the list - I then tried to download the iPad version, and ran into "This app is not compatible with your iPad" - for all 3 of the family's iPads, covering a good range of iPad models and IOS versions :-)  >   >  A close look at the "compatibility" section on the App store makes me think that you require  >   >  " ... + Cellular".  >   >  Is there something in Augmented Earth that requires Cellular ?  >   >  Or has that flag been set for some reason ?  >   >  Thanks  >   >  Alex.  >   >   >>  On 06/09/2017 03:17, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:  >>  Hello everyone,  >>   >>  I just posted a sample version of my app on LC share, AKA rev online.  >>   >>  It points to my dev server, so there are no problems with you guys posting  >>  test reports.  >>   >>  Hopefully this will help you guys with 3D mapping experiments you may have.  >>  The sample stack pulls images from open street maps without a license. This  >>  is only appropriate for experimenting. For distributing apps, you will need  >>  to get a license with a map provider.  >>   >>  If anyone has any questions about how to do any of the stuff demonstrated  >>  in the app, please feel free to ask them here.  >>   >>  I posted it leading up to my presentation at LC Global on Sept. 21 on 3D  >>  Earth mapping.  >>   >>  Peace,  >>   >>  Jonathan  >>   >   >   >  _______________________________________________  >  use-livecode mailing list  >  [hidden email]  >  Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:  >  http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode _______________________________________________ use-livecode mailing list [hidden email] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

Debug java on Mobile Browser

I have a web page that works in the IDE but fails on the device. When it fails in the IDE I can use Chrome's dev tools and quickly find out what's going wrong. On mobile there is no such option. Is there any way to find out what's going on with java in the mobile browser on both iOS and Android?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: Debug java on Mobile Browser

You should be able to debug native web views on device/emulator on Android
using Chrome and on device/simulator on iOS using Safari... admittedly I
haven't tried this with a browser widget in LC, but I've done it recently
on both in another context.

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:06 PM Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a web page that works in the IDE but fails on the device. When it
> fails in the IDE I can use Chrome's dev tools and quickly find out what's
> going wrong. On mobile there is no such option. Is there any way to find
> out what's going on with java in the mobile browser on both iOS and Android?
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

RE: Debug java on Mobile Browser

Ali,

Using Chrome/Android

Although the device shows in dev tools and I have an LC app using the mobile
browser open on the device I don't see the URL of the page like you do if
you open Chrome on the device. Using Chrome on the device remote debugging
works great. The dev tools does not see the instance of browser in LC. I am
using the LC mobile browser. Should I be using the LC browser widget
instead? Am I relegated to doing alerts all over the place? This was bad
enough for LC(answers) before remote debugging. To debug java that works on
desktop and IDE but fails in LC mobile doing alerts is a nightmare.

Thanks for any insight...

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services