IOS 11.4 -- Stuck

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Without thinking about it, I said "yes" to a iOS upgrade.

11.4

Now it seems that I am lock out from making standalones.

Any hope in 9.1 coming out soon?

RE: IOS 11.4 -- Stuck

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
What error are you getting?

You can revert but it's a pain and you'll need a pre-upgrade iCloud backup.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: IOS 11.4 -- Stuck

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Brahmanathaswami,

You should still be able to deploy iOS apps to your iOS 11.4 device. This
does NOT depend on the Xcode version you use to build the app. It depends
only on the dropdown in the iOS standalone settings. For example, if you
choose "8.0 or later" then your app will run on any iOS device as long as
the device runs iOS >= 8.0.

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 8:40 PM, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> What error are you getting?
>
> You can revert but it's a pain and you'll need a pre-upgrade iCloud backup.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services
> [hidden email]

That would go good news. But

LC 8.1.10
Xcode 9.3
Build for iPod,IPhone,iPad.  8.0 or later

(can you make the error dialog box so we can copy it to the clipboard?)

"Unable to build app for device: 394,1260,1" (screen shot here)
http://wiki.hindu.org/screenshots/iOSErr2018--06-22.png

Now, possibly something else is the cause

1) because of getting a screenrect of 0,0,375,667 (even though I had all screens needed and size correctly) instead of 0,0,414,736.  (from all my stand alone, it is not stack specific) And while the team in Scotland kept getting, 0,0,414,735 in the simulator

That implied an Xcode problem that was local to my machine, (possibly?) and I could get the Simulator run either

2) So I delete Xcode (9.2 and 9.3.1) and installed 9.3 to run with  8.1.10

Now this problem arose... one anomaly is that Xcode did not ask to download "extra extensions" as it usually does.

Now I'm stumped on two front:

Can't get the right screen to from iOS and can't even build one

Ha! Life With Apple

BR

On 6/22/18, 12:16 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of panagiotis merakos via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Brahmanathaswami,

    You should still be able to deploy iOS apps to your iOS 11.4 device. This
    does NOT depend on the Xcode version you use to build the app. It depends
    only on the dropdown in the iOS standalone settings. For example, if you
    choose "8.0 or later" then your app will run on any iOS device as long as
    the device runs iOS >= 8.0.

    Best,
    Panos

Re: IOS 11.4 -- Stuck

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
sudo xcode-select -s  /Applications/Xcode.app

that did it

Now back on the screenRect thread.

Mysterious new results

Brahmanathaswami

On 6/22/18, 3:38 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    That would go good news. But