IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Randy Hengst
All,

I’ve come to my year-end renewing of my provisioning profiles and certificates.

I have new development and distribution certificates…
I can see the certificates in Keychain.
I can see the provisioning profiles in Xcode under Team/Agent/View Details.
….no duplicates that I can see.

I can build standalone apps via LiveCode… but when I try to put them on my iPad… Xcode says “no valid provisioning profile” found.

I don’t recall getting this message in Xcode… but only in LiveCode….

I’ve read several emails about the valid provisioning profile, but no answer to this specific bump.

I am using Xcode 7.3.1 and LC 7.1.4

So, any thoughts on what mess up on my part would allow LC to build, but not allow Xcode to load the app on my iPad?

be well,
randy

RE: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

John Dixon

Randy... Have you added your devices to the new profile?

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: IOS Provisioning Profile... again
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 21:53:15 -0500
> To: [hidden email]
>
> All,
>
> I’ve come to my year-end renewing of my provisioning profiles and certificates.
>
> I have new development and distribution certificates…
> I can see the certificates in Keychain.
> I can see the provisioning profiles in Xcode under Team/Agent/View Details.
> ….no duplicates that I can see.
>
> I can build standalone apps via LiveCode… but when I try to put them on my iPad… Xcode says “no valid provisioning profile” found.
>
> I don’t recall getting this message in Xcode… but only in LiveCode….
>
> I’ve read several emails about the valid provisioning profile, but no answer to this specific bump.
>
> I am using Xcode 7.3.1 and LC 7.1.4
>
> So, any thoughts on what mess up on my part would allow LC to build, but not allow Xcode to load the app on my iPad?
>

> be well,
> randy

Re: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Glen Bojsza
What about the LC Standalone iOS settings...in the Basic Application
Settings there is a drop down and select "IOS Provisioning Profile"?

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Randy Hengst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> I’ve come to my year-end renewing of my provisioning profiles and
> certificates.
>
> I have new development and distribution certificates…
> I can see the certificates in Keychain.
> I can see the provisioning profiles in Xcode under Team/Agent/View Details.
> ….no duplicates that I can see.
>
> I can build standalone apps via LiveCode… but when I try to put them on my
> iPad… Xcode says “no valid provisioning profile” found.
>
> I don’t recall getting this message in Xcode… but only in LiveCode….
>
> I’ve read several emails about the valid provisioning profile, but no
> answer to this specific bump.
>
> I am using Xcode 7.3.1 and LC 7.1.4
>
> So, any thoughts on what mess up on my part would allow LC to build, but
> not allow Xcode to load the app on my iPad?
>

> be well,
> randy

Re: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Randy Hengst
John, yes the provisioning profile indicated 39 devices… that’s part of what I found confusing… but, I decided from your comment to go back to the developer portal and look again… so, I re-generated the profile and it worked! Thanks for the idea.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 3:19 AM, John Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Randy... Have you added your devices to the new profile?
>
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Subject: IOS Provisioning Profile... again
>> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 21:53:15 -0500
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I’ve come to my year-end renewing of my provisioning profiles and certificates.
>>
>> I have new development and distribution certificates…
>> I can see the certificates in Keychain.
>> I can see the provisioning profiles in Xcode under Team/Agent/View Details.
>> ….no duplicates that I can see.
>>
>> I can build standalone apps via LiveCode… but when I try to put them on my iPad… Xcode says “no valid provisioning profile” found.
>>
>> I don’t recall getting this message in Xcode… but only in LiveCode….
>>
>> I’ve read several emails about the valid provisioning profile, but no answer to this specific bump.
>>
>> I am using Xcode 7.3.1 and LC 7.1.4
>>
>> So, any thoughts on what mess up on my part would allow LC to build, but not allow Xcode to load the app on my iPad?
>>

>> be well,
>> randy

Re: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Randy Hengst
Glen, yes, I did select the profile in the LC settings….  as a side note, my “Team Provisional Profile” no longer “works. It shows as “Inactive (managed by Xcode)”….  However, it still shows up in my LC drop down menu choices.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 5:39 AM, Glen Bojsza <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What about the LC Standalone iOS settings...in the Basic Application
> Settings there is a drop down and select "IOS Provisioning Profile"?
>
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Randy Hengst <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I’ve come to my year-end renewing of my provisioning profiles and
>> certificates.
>>
>> I have new development and distribution certificates…
>> I can see the certificates in Keychain.
>> I can see the provisioning profiles in Xcode under Team/Agent/View Details.
>> ….no duplicates that I can see.
>>
>> I can build standalone apps via LiveCode… but when I try to put them on my
>> iPad… Xcode says “no valid provisioning profile” found.
>>
>> I don’t recall getting this message in Xcode… but only in LiveCode….
>>
>> I’ve read several emails about the valid provisioning profile, but no
>> answer to this specific bump.
>>
>> I am using Xcode 7.3.1 and LC 7.1.4
>>
>> So, any thoughts on what mess up on my part would allow LC to build, but
>> not allow Xcode to load the app on my iPad?
>>

>> be well,
>> randy

Re: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Mark Smith
Just a further question to this thread. Is it possible to deploy (without going through the app store) and not have to renew the certificates every year? It's a major bane to have to update these things all the time.

Thanks

Mark

Re: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode
If you don't want to renew the certificates every year, you can move to
Android. Users of Android phones can (temporarily) allow for the
installation of apk's from unknown sources (i.e. signed for development
only).

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com
https://www.facebook.com/marksch

Buy the most extensive book on the
LiveCode language:
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com

Op 10-Mar-17 om 03:03 schreef Mark Smith via use-livecode:
> Just a further question to this thread. Is it possible to deploy (without
> going through the app store) and not have to renew the certificates every
> year? It's a major bane to have to update these things all the time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Re: IOS Provisioning Profile... again

Mark Smith
Thanks Mark. It's not the installation that is the problem - it's the fact that the application stops working after a year then you have to get new certificates, recompile, reinstall, etc. To parrot Donald Trump - "it's a nightmare, a TOTAL disaster" :) (Just kidding). Its an inconvenience for me, the developer. I don't think the client would be interested in changing platforms for that. But maybe...

Mark