IP to decimal function?

Hi

I need to convert IP address from web logs to decimal for easier
processing...

Before I try to "reinvent the wheel" (and no doubt roll off a
cliff) I'm wondering if anyone already has such a function they'd
be willing to share?

TIA

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

Re: IP to decimal function?

I almost never know anything, but I do know where to look to find out:

https://www.mkyong.com/java/java-convert-ip-address-to-decimal-number/

Hope that spoils your Sunday :)

Richmond.

On 5/14/17 8:25 am, Tim Selander via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to convert IP address from web logs to decimal for easier
> processing...
>
> Before I try to "reinvent the wheel" (and no doubt roll off a cliff)
> I'm wondering if anyone already has such a function they'd be willing
> to share?
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan

Re: IP to decimal function?

All done: Here: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29251

Best, Richmond.

On 5/14/17 8:25 am, Tim Selander via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to convert IP address from web logs to decimal for easier
> processing...
>
> Before I try to "reinvent the wheel" (and no doubt roll off a cliff)
> I'm wondering if anyone already has such a function they'd be willing
> to share?
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan

Re: IP to decimal function?

Hi Richmond,

Thanks for your stack! Wow!  I'm in the process of testing and
'function-fying' it.

I did google around and found pages like your java link... but my
arithmetic skills are so basic, it all just looked like, well,
Sanskrit......  ;-)

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

On 2017.05.14, 17:02, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:

> I almost never know anything, but I do know where to look to find
> out:
>
> https://www.mkyong.com/java/java-convert-ip-address-to-decimal-number/
>

> Hope that spoils your Sunday :)
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 5/14/17 8:25 am, Tim Selander via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to convert IP address from web logs to decimal for
>> easier processing...
>>
>> Before I try to "reinvent the wheel" (and no doubt roll off a
>> cliff) I'm wondering if anyone already has such a function
>> they'd be willing to share?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Tim Selander
>> Tokyo, Japan

Re: IP to decimal function?

I wrote something of the sort called IPCalc. It should be in the master library.

Bob S

> On May 13, 2017, at 22:25 , Tim Selander via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I need to convert IP address from web logs to decimal for easier processing...
>
> Before I try to "reinvent the wheel" (and no doubt roll off a cliff) I'm wondering if anyone already has such a function they'd be willing to share?
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan

Re: IP to decimal function?

Bob . . .

It probably is, and there was also Tim's remark about reinventing the wheel.

But, as it took me about 3 minutes to find how to do the conversion online
and another 5 minutes to pop it all together in LiveCode . . . .

Which may say something about the master library and
how accessible it is.

Richmond.

On 5/15/17 6:01 pm, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:

> I wrote something of the sort called IPCalc. It should be in the master library.
>
> Bob S
>

>> On May 13, 2017, at 22:25 , Tim Selander via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to convert IP address from web logs to decimal for easier processing...
>>
>> Before I try to "reinvent the wheel" (and no doubt roll off a cliff) I'm wondering if anyone already has such a function they'd be willing to share?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Tim Selander
>> Tokyo, Japan

Re: IP to decimal function?

OK, this "master library" is new info to me! Googled it, found a brief
reference and download link in the forums. Will now have a look at it!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan