IPhone geometry

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Does anyone know if Apple will reject an app that doesn't fill the screen
on the newer tall phones?
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]

Re: IPhone geometry

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I think they would, but the iPhone 11 screen is the same ratio of the iPhone X screen. If you had successfully submitted for iPhone X, it should be ok for iPhone 11.

It only needs to be background though, but you could do some math and put buttons into the corners where the notches are (if your app hides the status bar that is).

> On Nov 30, 2019, at 12:18 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know if Apple will reject an app that doesn't fill the screen on the newer tall phones?
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]

Re: IPhone geometry

Mark Wieder via use-livecode

> Le 30 nov. 2019 à 18:25, Colin Holgate via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I think they would, but the iPhone 11 screen is the same ratio of the iPhone X screen. If you had successfully submitted for iPhone X, it should be ok for iPhone 11.
>
> It only needs to be background though, but you could do some math and put buttons into the corners where the notches are (if your app hides the status bar that is).
>

>> On Nov 30, 2019, at 12:18 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know if Apple will reject an app that doesn't fill the screen on the newer tall phones?

I submittted a week ago an update to my app which was built for an iphone 4 screen ! (There is just a fullscreenmode to « show all ») and is on the App Store !

Ludovic

Re: IPhone geometry

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
ShowAll will reveal the bits off the edges of the card. So long as you included the required stash screen the app will fill the taller screens.

> On Nov 30, 2019, at 12:39 PM, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Le 30 nov. 2019 à 18:25, Colin Holgate via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I think they would, but the iPhone 11 screen is the same ratio of the iPhone X screen. If you had successfully submitted for iPhone X, it should be ok for iPhone 11.
>>
>> It only needs to be background though, but you could do some math and put buttons into the corners where the notches are (if your app hides the status bar that is).
>>

>>> On Nov 30, 2019, at 12:18 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if Apple will reject an app that doesn't fill the screen on the newer tall phones?
>
> I submittted a week ago an update to my app which was built for an iphone 4 screen ! (There is just a fullscreenmode to « show all ») and is on the App Store !
>
> Ludovic

Re: IPhone geometry

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Perfect. Thanks guys.