IconGrid widget v2.0.2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

IconGrid widget v2.0.2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
Some may say it has too much options but I couldn't stop when coding:
LC Builder is full of features. The more one codes, the more one sees
that. Some may say, I could have split it into several smaller widgets
so that we could have sooner 100 community widgets, if not 1000 ;-)

Anyway, I documented a lot, wrote > 1000 lines for the dictionary!

***** What the widget does in short: *****

Its a grid of equally sized (rounded rectangles), you give a number
of rows and number of columns.

Each element has properties (in order of the layering):

Colors (using high contrast colors),
Image (load these from server or disk, 150 'icons' are built in),
SVGpath (use the built in SVGs or any other valid path),
Text (multiline supported),
Number (readable only).

= Resize the elements and the widget adjusts its size.
= Resize the widget and the elements adjust their size.
= Rotate the elements by multiples of 90 degrees.
= Rotate the grid as a whole by multiples of 90 degrees.
= Reorder the grid elements by drag and drop (or script it).

Read more details here:
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=158112#p158112

or install directly with my installer (incl. a demo-stack) from
"Sample Stacks or http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/842/
[Download the installer and read the short scripts to trust it.]

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: IconGrid widget v2.0.2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
> I wrote:

> Each element has properties (in order of the layering):
>
> Colors (using high contrast colors),
> Image (load these from server or disk, 150 'icons' are built in),
> SVGpath (use the built in SVGs or any other valid path),
> Text (multiline supported),
> Number (readable only).


Correction, sorry.

The method I chose to load images *from server* is "blocking", so not usable.

I took this out (though it worked from local server), but I forgot to take
this out from the description.
I suppose this can currently only be solved via LCS, so it's better to download the images to a local folder (may be temporary) and then let the widget use that folder.

[When using files from local disk the widget loads the images into an array and uses them from there. So it#s fast enough].


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: IconGrid widget v2.0.2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
A M A Z I N G widget.

Thanks Hermann :)

Panos
--

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 2:24 AM, hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I wrote:
>
> > Each element has properties (in order of the layering):
> >
> > Colors (using high contrast colors),
> > Image (load these from server or disk, 150 'icons' are built in),
> > SVGpath (use the built in SVGs or any other valid path),
> > Text (multiline supported),
> > Number (readable only).
>
>
> Correction, sorry.
>
> The method I chose to load images *from server* is "blocking", so not
> usable.
>
> I took this out (though it worked from local server), but I forgot to take
> this out from the description.
> I suppose this can currently only be solved via LCS, so it's better to
> download the images to a local folder (may be temporary) and then let the
> widget use that folder.
>
> [When using files from local disk the widget loads the images into an
> array and uses them from there. So it#s fast enough].
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: IconGrid widget v2.0.2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
Fantastic share...thank you.





-----
Andy Piddock


My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode
TinyIDE


Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk 

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode
--
Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: IconGrid widget v2.0.2

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
Hi Andy, thanks for the great share and all your widgets as well as your
dedication.

 I cannot try the widget yet since I am on 8.1.4 but I am wondering if you
have tested the limits of the widget?..... is it all ram based limits or
are there others that you have encountered?


On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:47 PM, AndyP via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fantastic share...thank you.
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Andy Piddock
>
>
> My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
>
> TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode
> TinyIDE
>
>
> Script editor Themer for LC http://post.spmailt.com/f/a/dLNOWURO9LF9XM1qi8ktbQ~~/AAGp3AA~/RgRbmuGbP0EIACzc0cKClZFXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb18xYA01Mi4zOS4xODIuMjQ4QgoAABuuuVlUcPX3Uh11c2UtbGl2ZWNvZGVAbGlzdHMucnVucmV2LmNvbQlRBAAAAABEEWh0dHA6Ly8yMTA4LmNvLnVrRwJ7fQ~~
>
> PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker
> / finder.
> http://post.spmailt.com/f/a/SmHk7kmHcgt6K4qDCqsaow~~/AAGp3AA~/RgRbmuGbP0EIACzc0cKClZFXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb18xYA01Mi4zOS4xODIuMjQ4QgoAABuuuVlUcPX3Uh11c2UtbGl2ZWNvZGVAbGlzdHMucnVucmV2LmNvbQlRBAAAAABEHGh0dHA6Ly93d3cucG9pbnRhbmRzZWUuY28udWtHAnt9  - made with LiveCode
> --
> Sent from: http://post.spmailt.com/f/a/W8tUB7Xnd9UWfaLFg7H6jA~~/AAGp3AA~/RgRbmuGbP0EIACzc0cKClZFXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb18xYA01Mi4zOS4xODIuMjQ4QgoAABuuuVlUcPX3Uh11c2UtbGl2ZWNvZGVAbGlzdHMucnVucmV2LmNvbQlRBAAAAABEL2h0dHA6Ly9ydW50aW1lLXJldm9sdXRpb24uMjc4MzA1Lm40Lm5hYmJsZS5jb20vRwJ7fQ~~
> Revolution-User-f278306.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://post.spmailt.com/f/a/Bdz0UlPcTSAgLyuKdRClog~~/AAGp3AA~/RgRbmuGbP0EIACzc0cKClZFXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb18xYA01Mi4zOS4xODIuMjQ4QgoAABuuuVlUcPX3Uh11c2UtbGl2ZWNvZGVAbGlzdHMucnVucmV2LmNvbQlRBAAAAABENWh0dHA6Ly9saXN0cy5ydW5yZXYuY29tL21haWxtYW4vbGlzdGluZm8vdXNlLWxpdmVjb2RlRwJ7fQ~~
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode