Image Manipulation by javascript/HTML5 using a widget

Image Manipulation by javascript/HTML5 using a widget

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi all.

There is a new sample stack by Jonathan Lynch called
"Browser Widget Image Manipulator".
This name could lead to underestimate a bit this stack. That's why
I would like to point to it.

This is a real clever solution, short and practicable. It uses the
image manipulation possibilities of javascript/HTML5 via the browser
widget. And it is, in LC 8, for shearing (and rotating) also faster
than my 'direct' imagedata solutions for shear and rotate in LC 6.

It could also be called

Image Manipulation by javascript/HTML5 using a widget

directly from LC, within the stack, nothing extern, no shell scripts.
It shows a direction of how to access some of the big image and graphics
libraries of js/HTML5.

Thanks for that great example Jonathan.

Re: Image Manipulation by javascript/HTML5 using a widget

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Sounds very cool!  Where is the download link?

Roger E. wrote:
>  Sounds very cool!  Where is the download link?

Use "Sample Stacks" in the LC toolbar (Sort descending by date) or
(slower) http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/ (at top if sorted by 'Newest')

Re: Image Manipulation by javascript/HTML5 using a widget

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi hh,

Thank you. There's a whole ton of javascript libraries out there that allow
some great effects. I have not yet learned webgl, but I know we could do
some very cool warps with it. I don't have much knowledge in that area, but
I look forward to all the stuff that you and others with a high-level of
image manipulation skills could create.

I also think it would also be possible to generate an animation in an html5
canvas object, but do it in a hidden browser widget. It could be set up to
export the image data from that canvas object and put it into an image in
LC, complete with transparent parts. The way I envision it, each frame
would be triggered by the completion of the transfer of the previous frame,
until a given motion is complete, using something like "send
triggerNextFrame to me in 0 seconds". This would prevent errors when LC or
JS gets ahead of the other, and would allow other messages to proceed while
the 3d animation is happening. The frame rate would vary based on the
computer's speed, but could set to a max rate, I think. That would allow us
to have 3D animations that appear directly on a card, presented through an
image object, with the position controllable by LiveCode script.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM, hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Roger E. wrote:
> >  Sounds very cool!  Where is the download link?
>
> Use "Sample Stacks" in the LC toolbar (Sort descending by date) or
> (slower) http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/ (at top if sorted by 'Newest')

Do all things with love