Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Currently LiveCode only accesses the density of an image from its metadata.

It would be very usefil indeed if it could access all of an image's
metadata.

BUG 20025

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I did a web search and found this info.

Exiv2 is a C++ library and a command line utility to manage image metadata. It provides fast and easy read and write access to the Exif, IPTC and XMP metadata of images in various formats. Exiv2 is available as free software and with a commercial license, and is used in many projects.

JB

On 07/09/2017 04:22 AM, JB via use-livecode wrote:
> I did a web search and found this info.
>
> Exiv2 is a C++ library and a command line utility to manage image metadata. It provides fast and easy read and write access to the Exif, IPTC and XMP metadata of images in various formats. Exiv2 is available as free software and with a commercial license, and is used in many projects.

Interesting. And it's released under a gplv2 license as well.

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
There's a livecodescript library which manipulates exif data:

https://github.com/angerangel/livecodeExif

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 9 Jul 2017, at 09:51, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Currently LiveCode only accesses the density of an image from its metadata.
>
> It would be very usefil indeed if it could access all of an image's metadata.
>
> BUG 20025
>
> Richmond.

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
It is GPLv2 or later *or* undisclosed commercial license. So not generally usable except for in pure GPLv3 LiveCode projects (unless you buy a commercial license for it for your specific use).

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On 07/09/2017 10:39 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> It is GPLv2 or later *or* undisclosed commercial license. So not generally usable except for in pure GPLv3 LiveCode projects (unless you buy a commercial license for it for your specific use).

Urk! Dang lawyers.

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Fascinating.

That's the code I wrote and released 10 years ago, and now it's found
its way onto github without my help.

-- Alex.

On 07/09/2017 12:24 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
> Fascinating.
>
> That's the code I wrote and released 10 years ago, and now it's found
> its way onto github without my help.

But the fact that it's a script-only snack is rather nice.
I made a few tweaks to bring it up to date and issued a PR.
I take the typos are yours as well.

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
s/snack/stack/
sheesh

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hm. Do you know any angry angels? <angerangel/livecodeExif>

On 7/9/17 3:36 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> s/snack/stack/
> sheesh

Actually, I've written scripts that eat stacks. I've written scripts
that eat whole computers.

Re: Image Metadata Enhancement Request

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Oh, I definitely claim the typos :-)

Yes, it's line-for-line identical to one or two versions before the last
one I released.

The later version added a few declarations to make it 'explicitVariable'
friendly (much needed for me - see "typo" above :-), and a few changes
of 'char' to 'byte' - hopefully the same ones you added to bring it up
to date.

-- Alex.