Image control in a Background

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Hi Vaughn,
Still not clear on what you are doing because it looks like you are just repeating the openCard script from your original posting, so...
on mouseUp
openCard
end mouseUp

You should not see anything happen because it just loads the same image in.

Unless I read this too quickly.

Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

I was testing to see what might work to finish adding the image without
having to leave the card and return to trigger the openCard script again? I
thought a button script "Update Image" button might trigger the update? I
used a portion of the open card script thinking it would work.

Since the image was added to the photos subfolder "thePath" reloading it
again might be a way to update the image in the control while not leaving
the card? It did not have any effect, so I am not sure how to make it
update the image without leaving the card.
- I not only have to leave the card, but open another card and return to
have it update the image now.
- I thought to move to another card and then return, but I trapped myself
by using a datagrid to select the card to be opened, and a simple goto card
and return script messes up the datagrid row update. I have a button to
close the card now and return to the datagrid. This allows me to select
another card in the datagrid to view, and then I must return to the grid
when finished. The process of going back to the datagrid and then returning
to the same card will not update the image. But going to a different card,
returning, and then opening the original card does update the image as you
would expect when the open card script is triggered.

On Thursday, June 26, 2014, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vaughn,
> Still not clear on what you are doing because it looks like you are just
> repeating the openCard script from your original posting, so...
> on mouseUp
> openCard
> end mouseUp
>
> You should not see anything happen because it just loads the same image in.
>
> Unless I read this too quickly.
>
> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

I really don't understand the image control in a background group yet. I
just added a new blank card with the background group and it opened with
the last image that was edited on an existing card. I am just not grasping
the group and control logic to make it do what I am trying to do?

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Vaughn Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon
>
> I was testing to see what might work to finish adding the image without
> having to leave the card and return to trigger the openCard script again? I
> thought a button script "Update Image" button might trigger the update? I
> used a portion of the open card script thinking it would work.
>
> Since the image was added to the photos subfolder "thePath" reloading it
> again might be a way to update the image in the control while not leaving
> the card? It did not have any effect, so I am not sure how to make it
> update the image without leaving the card.
> - I not only have to leave the card, but open another card and return to
> have it update the image now.
> - I thought to move to another card and then return, but I trapped myself
> by using a datagrid to select the card to be opened, and a simple goto card
> and return script messes up the datagrid row update. I have a button to
> close the card now and return to the datagrid. This allows me to select
> another card in the datagrid to view, and then I must return to the grid
> when finished. The process of going back to the datagrid and then returning
> to the same card will not update the image. But going to a different card,
> returning, and then opening the original card does update the image as you
> would expect when the open card script is triggered.
>
> On Thursday, June 26, 2014, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vaughn,
>> Still not clear on what you are doing because it looks like you are just
>> repeating the openCard script from your original posting, so...
>> on mouseUp
>> openCard
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> You should not see anything happen because it just loads the same image
>> in.
>>
>> Unless I read this too quickly.
>>
>> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Hi Vaughn,
You did see that I posted everything was working after a few small changes in your original script?  I never received an answer that you tested it and it didn't work for you.

Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

Is this the email:
Hi Vaughn,
Aside from a spelling mistake just add parentheses around all the folder
paths
e.g.
 put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of this
card) into thePath

and then delete the current filename
on mouseUp
   --/ the image from mobilePickPhoto uses the template image construct
   --set it off screen so we don't see ift flash /
   set the loc of the templateImage to -10000,-10000
    set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to  ""

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vaughn,
> You did see that I posted everything was working after a few small changes
> in your original script?  I never received an answer that you tested it and
> it didn't work for you.
>
> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Yep

on mouseUp
   --/ the image from mobilePickPhoto uses the template image construct
   --set it off screen so we don't see ift flash /
   --set the loc of the templateImage to -10000,-10000
   set the vis of the templateImage to false --NEWLINE
   --delete file (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of this card)
    set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to  "" --NEWLINE
   --/choose a photo/
   mobilePickPhoto "library"
   lock screen
   if the result <> "cancel" then
      --/ make the filepath to save the chosen image/
      put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of this card) into thePath
      --/ put the image into a file in the photos folder /
      put the text of the last image of this card into URL("binfile:" & thePath)
      --/set the loc of image 1 to the loc of group "picgroup' so it will align/
      set the loc of  image "imageField1" to the loc of group "picgroup"
      --/ show the image on the card /
      set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to thePath
      --/ destroy the image imported from the library /
      delete the last image of this card
   end if
   unlock screen
end mouseUp

There is another change I made in there as well.

Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

Let me try this to test my stack for errors.

On Thursday, June 26, 2014, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep
>
> on mouseUp
>    --/ the image from mobilePickPhoto uses the template image construct
>    --set it off screen so we don't see ift flash /
>    --set the loc of the templateImage to -10000,-10000
>    set the vis of the templateImage to false --NEWLINE
>    --delete file (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short
> ID
> of this card)
>     set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to  "" --NEWLINE
>    --/choose a photo/
>    mobilePickPhoto "library"
>    lock screen
>    if the result <> "cancel" then
>       --/ make the filepath to save the chosen image/
>       put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of
> this card) into thePath
>       --/ put the image into a file in the photos folder /
>       put the text of the last image of this card into URL("binfile:" &
> thePath)
>       --/set the loc of image 1 to the loc of group "picgroup' so it will
> align/
>       set the loc of  image "imageField1" to the loc of group "picgroup"
>       --/ show the image on the card /
>       set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to thePath
>       --/ destroy the image imported from the library /
>       delete the last image of this card
>    end if
>    unlock screen
> end mouseUp
>
> There is another change I made in there as well.
>
> Simon

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

I aasume that the current stack script is replaced with your card script?

--
Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Vaughn Clement wrote
Hi Simon
I aasume that the current stack script is replaced with your card script?
errr... you are confusing me, I don't have a card script. I posted a button script.
Your original card script was ok.

Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

The original email had a on OpenCard Stack script and a script in the image
control to manage the card image..
 The button on the buyer's order "Button" is my script test. The black
buttons are the main buttons.

If you send me an email address I will send you the stack.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Vaughn Clement wrote
> > Hi Simon
> > I aasume that the current stack script is replaced with your card script?
>
> errr... you are confusing me, I don't have a card script. I posted a button
> script.
> Your original card script was ok.
>
> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Hi Vaughn,
Nope I don't need to see the stack.
Everything is running correctly here.

Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

OK, thanks for the assistance. I will try the script in a button on the
card.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vaughn,
> Nope I don't need to see the stack.
> Everything is running correctly here.
>

> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

I used the script in a button a aligned and edited as shown:

The image was added from the button to the image control. But all the cards
in the stack now have the last added image. This is where I was a few days
ago where the script did this same thing?
Did I edit it wrong?

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep
>
> on mouseUp
>    --/ the image from mobilePickPhoto uses the template image construct
>    --set it off screen so we don't see ift flash /
>    --set the loc of the templateImage to -10000,-10000
>    set the vis of the templateImage to false --NEWLINE
>    --delete file (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short
> ID
> of this card)
>     set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to  "" --NEWLINE
>    --/choose a photo/
>    mobilePickPhoto "library"
>    lock screen
>    if the result <> "cancel" then
>       --/ make the filepath to save the chosen image/
>       put (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of
> this card) into thePath
>       --/ put the image into a file in the photos folder /
>       put the text of the last image of this card into URL("binfile:" &
> thePath)
>       --/set the loc of image 1 to the loc of group "picgroup' so it will
> align/
>       set the loc of  image "imageField1" to the loc of group "picgroup"
>       --/ show the image on the card /
>       set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to thePath
>       --/ destroy the image imported from the library /
>       delete the last image of this card
>    end if
>    unlock screen
> end mouseUp
>
> There is another change I made in there as well.
>
> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Yes, if there is no file "thePath"
And I think we've discussed enough why this happens.

So to fix it so that it doesn't show an image at all if there is no file "thePath":

if there is a file the short id of this card then
put (specialFolderPath ("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of this card) into thePath
set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to thePath
else ---here is a new line
set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to "" ---here is a new line
end if

Update your openCard script

Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement
Hi Simon

This is a real pleasure to say it is working as designed now. Your a real
wizard at scripting.
Looking at this from start to finish I can say I have learned a lot about
the image control, but more over I have a better perspective on how to work
to find solutions in scripting. Thanks for your time and effort!!!

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, if there is no file "thePath"
> And I think we've discussed enough why this happens.
>
> So to fix it so that it doesn't show an image at all if there is no file
> "thePath":
>
> if there is a file the short id of this card then
> put (specialFolderPath ("documents") & "/photos/" & the short ID of this
> card) into thePath
> set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to thePath
> else ---here is a new line
> set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to "" ---here is a new
> line
> end if
>
> Update your openCard script
>
> Simon

Re: Image control in a Background

Simon
Hi Vaughn,
I'm glad to hear you got it working.

The following is opinion and you may ignore it.

I think you could benefit by going to Jacque's site and reviewing the stacks:
http://www.hyperactivesw.com/revscriptconf/scriptingconferences.html

There are also the forums:
http://forums.livecode.com/index.php
Which are better suited for questions like this one, here they mostly go on about increasing the decimal point accuracy of liveCode to surpass the 16 digit limit and stuff like that.  Scott and Jacque are a couple of the most sought-after/expensive liveCode minds. But of course, either place is fine for you to ask questions.

Lots of great material here:
http://lessons.runrev.com/

Regards,

Simon