Quantcast

Initializing the segmented control

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Folks:

I’ve tried the obvious, but::
How do I initialize the segmented control?

I’ve tried: there are 3 items named analysis,valveSel,timer
set the hilited of control "timerNav" of this cd to “ timer”

set the hilitedItems of widget "timerNav" to "timer"

set the hilited of widget "timerNav" to "timer"

It oughta be easier!

What is the proper syntax?

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthlearningsolution.org/

Re: Initializing the segmented control

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Go into the API, then in the picker on the top left, pick "Segmented
Control".  There is one message and a bunch of properties.
Also, if you get stuck, some time, all the widgets have their source
available, and since they're written with LCB, it's pretty easy to read
(the documentation for each is at the beginning).  On git pick the LC
repo, then drill down to extensions->widgets.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I’ve tried the obvious, but::
> How do I initialize the segmented control?
>
> I’ve tried: there are 3 items named analysis,valveSel,timer
> set the hilited of control "timerNav" of this cd to “ timer”
>
> set the hilitedItems of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>
> set the hilited of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>
> It oughta be easier!
>
> What is the proper syntax?
>
> Best,
> Bill
>
> William A. Prothero
> http://earthlearningsolution.org/

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Initializing the segmented control

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Mike:
thanks. I’ve been trying to avoid getting into the widget modification part of livecode. I just figured there must be an easy way to initialize the widget’s selection. I did look at the dictionary API entry and it doesn’t tell me anything about how I would code an initialization to a particular hilight.

Best,
Bill

> On Apr 17, 2017, at 5:57 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Go into the API, then in the picker on the top left, pick "Segmented
> Control".  There is one message and a bunch of properties.
> Also, if you get stuck, some time, all the widgets have their source
> available, and since they're written with LCB, it's pretty easy to read
> (the documentation for each is at the beginning).  On git pick the LC
> repo, then drill down to extensions->widgets.
>

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Folks:
>>
>> I’ve tried the obvious, but::
>> How do I initialize the segmented control?
>>
>> I’ve tried: there are 3 items named analysis,valveSel,timer
>> set the hilited of control "timerNav" of this cd to “ timer”
>>
>> set the hilitedItems of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>>
>> set the hilited of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>>
>> It oughta be easier!
>>
>> What is the proper syntax?
>>
>> Best,
>> Bill
>>
>> William A. Prothero
>> http://earthlearningsolution.org/

>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: Initializing the segmented control

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Ok, got it!
set the hilitedItemNames of widget "timerNav" to "timer"

“timer” is one of the itemNames.

I guess it just needed for me to take a dinner break.
Best,
Bill

> On Apr 17, 2017, at 7:45 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Mike:
> thanks. I’ve been trying to avoid getting into the widget modification part of livecode. I just figured there must be an easy way to initialize the widget’s selection. I did look at the dictionary API entry and it doesn’t tell me anything about how I would code an initialization to a particular hilight.
>
> Best,
> Bill
>
>> On Apr 17, 2017, at 5:57 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Go into the API, then in the picker on the top left, pick "Segmented
>> Control".  There is one message and a bunch of properties.
>> Also, if you get stuck, some time, all the widgets have their source
>> available, and since they're written with LCB, it's pretty easy to read
>> (the documentation for each is at the beginning).  On git pick the LC
>> repo, then drill down to extensions->widgets.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks:
>>>
>>> I’ve tried the obvious, but::
>>> How do I initialize the segmented control?
>>>
>>> I’ve tried: there are 3 items named analysis,valveSel,timer
>>> set the hilited of control "timerNav" of this cd to “ timer”
>>>
>>> set the hilitedItems of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>>>
>>> set the hilited of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>>>
>>> It oughta be easier!
>>>
>>> What is the proper syntax?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bill
>>>
>>> William A. Prothero
>>> http://earthlearningsolution.org/

>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>  and did a little diving.
>> And God said, "This is good."

Re: Initializing the segmented control

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
cool!  And, you might be surprised by how well written the widgets are.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:51 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, got it!
> set the hilitedItemNames of widget "timerNav" to "timer"
>
> “timer” is one of the itemNames.
>
> I guess it just needed for me to take a dinner break.
> Best,
> Bill
>
> > On Apr 17, 2017, at 7:45 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Mike:
> > thanks. I’ve been trying to avoid getting into the widget modification
> part of livecode. I just figured there must be an easy way to initialize
> the widget’s selection. I did look at the dictionary API entry and it
> doesn’t tell me anything about how I would code an initialization to a
> particular hilight.
> >
> > Best,
> > Bill
> >
> >> On Apr 17, 2017, at 5:57 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Go into the API, then in the picker on the top left, pick "Segmented
> >> Control".  There is one message and a bunch of properties.
> >> Also, if you get stuck, some time, all the widgets have their source
> >> available, and since they're written with LCB, it's pretty easy to read
> >> (the documentation for each is at the beginning).  On git pick the LC
> >> repo, then drill down to extensions->widgets.

> >> --
> >> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> >> On the second day, God created the oceans.
> >> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >>  and did a little diving.
> >> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

On 18/04/2017 12:32, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> cool!  And, you might be surprised by how well written the widgets are.

Have you tried the browser widget ?
You might be surprised by how well written it isn't.

Paul H. said the other day there were 30 active bugs on it.
I ran into a few problems, including IDE hangs trying to use it (and
yes, I will submit QC reports as soon as I get a chance to look at it
again - but revBrowser does what I need so it's not been my highest
priority).

-- Alex.

Re: Initializing the segmented control

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
The browser widget is too limited for my use, so no, I don't bother with
it.  By "well-written", I meant written in such a way as being easy to
understand, not well-written like feature-complete, free of any bugs, etc.
I still use tmc2 for all my interface work...