Insertion Point

Justin Sloan-2
Hello All,

I am totally lost and frustrated; I need your help.

I am writing a simple text editor as my first app. Problem is, I want to be able to insert some text from a menu selection, but the text is always added at the bottom of the text field rather than at the insertion point where the cursor is current located. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

 - Justin_______________________________________________

Re: Insertion Point

Mike Bonner
Suppose you want to insert the date at the current location, use
selectedtext to do this. If text is selected it will replace it, if no
text is selected it will insert at the current insertion point.

put the date into the selectedtext

Will pop the date in just fine.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Justin Sloan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am totally lost and frustrated; I need your help.
>
> I am writing a simple text editor as my first app. Problem is, I want to be able to insert some text from a menu selection, but the text is always added at the bottom of the text field rather than at the insertion point where the cursor is current located. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
>  - Justin_______________________________________________

Re: Insertion Point

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 06/19/2010 07:12 PM, Justin Sloan wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am totally lost and frustrated; I need your help.
>
> I am writing a simple text editor as my first app. Problem is, I want to be able to insert some text from a menu selection, but the text is always added at the bottom of the text field rather than at the insertion point where the cursor is current located. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
>   - Justin_______________________________________________

I must be missing something; I just made a new stack and pooped a text
field on it; then pasted
your e-mail message into it.

When I copied the text "copied text" from gEdit (a simple Linux text
Editor) and clciked with the mouse
where I wanted to paste the text into your message, and then did a
Ctrl-V everything behaved exactly as it
should.

Re: Insertion Point

Justin Sloan
That is excellent, thanks! I spent hours trying to figure that out.
Maybe sometime the rev logic is just a little too easy!

On Saturday, June 19, 2010, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Suppose you want to insert the date at the current location, use
> selectedtext to do this. If text is selected it will replace it, if no
> text is selected it will insert at the current insertion point.
>
> put the date into the selectedtext
>
> Will pop the date in just fine.
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Justin Sloan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am totally lost and frustrated; I need your help.
>>
>> I am writing a simple text editor as my first app. Problem is, I want to be able to insert some text from a menu selection, but the text is always added at the bottom of the text field rather than at the insertion point where the cursor is current located. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>>
>>  - Justin_______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list

Re: Insertion Point

slylabs13
Or if you don't want to replace text that has really ben selected,

Put the date after the selected text

Bob

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 19, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Suppose you want to insert the date at the current location, use
> selectedtext to do this. If text is selected it will replace it, if no
> text is selected it will insert at the current insertion point.
>
> put the date into the selectedtext
>
> Will pop the date in just fine.
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Justin Sloan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am totally lost and frustrated; I need your help.
>>
>> I am writing a simple text editor as my first app. Problem is, I want to be able to insert some text from a menu selection, but the text is always added at the bottom of the text field rather than at the insertion point where the cursor is current located. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

>> use-revolution mailing list

Re: Insertion Point

slylabs13
OMG! Did yo see a doctor about it??