Installing LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack

Dave Kilroy
Hi all

I’ve contracted a smashing guy with great server experience but who is new to LiveCode install LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack for me - and it’s great working with someone who knows what they’re doing

However we’re stuck - could you clever people have a look at this thread http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772> and pass on your suggestions as to how to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

Dave




_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installing LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack

Peter W A Wood
Dave

> On 24 Nov 2016, at 19:46, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I’ve contracted a smashing guy with great server experience but who is new to LiveCode install LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack for me - and it’s great working with someone who knows what they’re doing
>
> However we’re stuck - could you clever people have a look at this thread http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772> and pass on your suggestions as to how to get it working?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dave
>

It might be the Apache is being fussy about the lack of a trailing “/“ in the Script Alias or giving the name of an executable when a directory is required.

These are the relevant parts of the config I use happily with Apache 2.4:
 
        ScriptAlias /livecode-cgi/ "/Users/peter/Sites/LiveCodeServer/“

        <Directory "/Users/peter/Sites/LiveCodeServer">
    AllowOverride None
    Options +ExecCGI
    Require all granted
        </Directory>

        AddHandler lcscript .lc
        Action lcscript /livecode-cgi/livecode-server

Hope this helps.

Peter


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Installing LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack

Dave Kilroy
In reply to this post by Dave Kilroy

Thanks Peter! I’ve passed it on…

Kind regards

Dave


> Dave
>
> > On 24 Nov 2016, at 19:46, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4710572&i=0>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > I’ve contracted a smashing guy with great server experience but who is new to LiveCode install LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack for me - and it’s great working with someone who knows what they’re doing
> >
> > However we’re stuck - could you clever people have a look at this thread http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772> <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772>> and pass on your suggestions as to how to get it working?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Dave
> >
>
> It might be the Apache is being fussy about the lack of a trailing “/“ in the Script Alias or giving the name of an executable when a directory is required.
>
> These are the relevant parts of the config I use happily with Apache 2.4:
>  
>         ScriptAlias /livecode-cgi/ "/Users/peter/Sites/LiveCodeServer/“
>
>         <Directory "/Users/peter/Sites/LiveCodeServer">
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options +ExecCGI
>     Require all granted
>         </Directory>
>
>         AddHandler lcscript .lc
>         Action lcscript /livecode-cgi/livecode-server
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Peter
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham