Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi list,
As the title says, I am getting different results when running the script
below with LC desktop and LC server (on-rev account)...
The result is fine on desktop, but flawed on server. What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance.
jbv

on mouseUp
   get "3622 4141 4288 5378 38090 8786 13439 16483 17329 18699 27799 28365
41200 35242 39109 41212 75320 43898 44702 47891 50227 50230 50232 50233
58901 58902 62983 63415 63416 65984 71574 73426 74288 85278 85775
101084 112360 113094 113355 115807 115826 116601 118017 121386 126039
131141 141224"
   repeat for each word w in it
      put 1 into Te[w]
   end repeat

   get "4141 3141 3184 3661 31910 40671 41657 48351 48490 55001 57269
65986 69706 73885 75741 80910 131210 82759 87543 88837 90394 92956
102158 102528 115929 116753 117446 128006 133712 140582"
   repeat for each word w in it
      put 1 into Ta[w]
   end repeat

   intersect Te with Ta
   put the keys of Te into tkeys
   sort lines of tkeys ascending numeric
   put tkeys
end mouseUp


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Which versions of LC are you running in each case ?

Alex.


On 08/08/2018 22:29, jbv via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi list,
> As the title says, I am getting different results when running the script
> below with LC desktop and LC server (on-rev account)...
> The result is fine on desktop, but flawed on server. What am I missing ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> jbv
>
> on mouseUp
>     get "3622 4141 4288 5378 38090 8786 13439 16483 17329 18699 27799 28365
> 41200 35242 39109 41212 75320 43898 44702 47891 50227 50230 50232 50233
> 58901 58902 62983 63415 63416 65984 71574 73426 74288 85278 85775
> 101084 112360 113094 113355 115807 115826 116601 118017 121386 126039
> 131141 141224"
>     repeat for each word w in it
>        put 1 into Te[w]
>     end repeat
>
>     get "4141 3141 3184 3661 31910 40671 41657 48351 48490 55001 57269
> 65986 69706 73885 75741 80910 131210 82759 87543 88837 90394 92956
> 102158 102528 115929 116753 117446 128006 133712 140582"
>     repeat for each word w in it
>        put 1 into Ta[w]
>     end repeat
>
>     intersect Te with Ta
>     put the keys of Te into tkeys
>     sort lines of tkeys ascending numeric
>     put tkeys
> end mouseUp
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Oops - sent before I meant to ...

With LC7 server on on-rev, I get

4141 5378 18699 28365 41200 50230 58901 62983 63416 65984 71574 73426
74288 112360 115826 121386 126039 141224

while with LC9 server on on-rev I get

4141

-- Alex.



On 08/08/2018 23:19, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

> Which versions of LC are you running in each case ?
>
> Alex.
>
>
> On 08/08/2018 22:29, jbv via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> As the title says, I am getting different results when running the
>> script
>> below with LC desktop and LC server (on-rev account)...
>> The result is fine on desktop, but flawed on server. What am I missing ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> jbv
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>     get "3622 4141 4288 5378 38090 8786 13439 16483 17329 18699 27799
>> 28365
>> 41200 35242 39109 41212 75320 43898 44702 47891 50227 50230 50232 50233
>> 58901 58902 62983 63415 63416 65984 71574 73426 74288 85278 85775
>> 101084 112360 113094 113355 115807 115826 116601 118017 121386 126039
>> 131141 141224"
>>     repeat for each word w in it
>>        put 1 into Te[w]
>>     end repeat
>>
>>     get "4141 3141 3184 3661 31910 40671 41657 48351 48490 55001 57269
>> 65986 69706 73885 75741 80910 131210 82759 87543 88837 90394 92956
>> 102158 102528 115929 116753 117446 128006 133712 140582"
>>     repeat for each word w in it
>>        put 1 into Ta[w]
>>     end repeat
>>
>>     intersect Te with Ta
>>     put the keys of Te into tkeys
>>     sort lines of tkeys ascending numeric
>>     put tkeys
>> end mouseUp
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Alex Tweedly wrote:

 > With LC7 server on on-rev, I get
 >
 > 4141 5378 18699 28365 41200 50230 58901 62983 63416 65984 71574 73426
 > 74288 112360 115826 121386 126039 141224
 >
 > while with LC9 server on on-rev I get
 >
 > 4141

Looks like a bug got fixed:
https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15948

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems
  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
  ____________________________________________________________________
  [hidden email]                http://www.FourthWorld.com

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
How do you run LC9 server on on-rev ?
Thanks.


On Thu, August 9, 2018 1:40 am, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

> Oops - sent before I meant to ...
>
>
> With LC7 server on on-rev, I get
>
>
> 4141 5378 18699 28365 41200 50230 58901 62983 63416 65984 71574 73426
> 74288 112360 115826 121386 126039 141224
>
>
> while with LC9 server on on-rev I get
>
> 4141
>
>
> -- Alex.
>
>
>
>




_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
I sent a support request asking for it :-)

AFAIK, at least on sage, it is installed systemwide - so any file with
extension .lc9 will use the latest stable release of LC9 (this is a
similar scheme to what HostM use).

I suspect you can use .htaccess to ensure it is used for all .lc files,
but I didn't do that; I kept all the old stuff unchanged, and use the
.lc9 extension in the two files I need it (they then load other
.livecodescript libraries, and some other .lc files, so I got all my old
functionality by renaming these two files, and redirecting a couple of
URLs).

-- Alex.


On 09/08/2018 06:52, jbv via use-livecode wrote:

> How do you run LC9 server on on-rev ?
> Thanks.
>
>
> On Thu, August 9, 2018 1:40 am, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
>> Oops - sent before I meant to ...
>>
>>
>> With LC7 server on on-rev, I get
>>
>>
>> 4141 5378 18699 28365 41200 50230 58901 62983 63416 65984 71574 73426
>> 74288 112360 115826 121386 126039 141224
>>
>>
>> while with LC9 server on on-rev I get
>>
>> 4141
>>
>>
>> -- Alex.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the tip. I'm on sage too.
Is it me or is LC9 server much faster than previous versions ?

One more thing : you wrote :
"any file with extension .lc9 will use the latest stable release of LC9"
Does that mean that LC server will be updated every time a new stable
version is released ? And if yes, is it safe to fo into production with
.lc9 scripts ?

Best,

On Thu, August 9, 2018 1:02 pm, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

> I sent a support request asking for it :-)
>
>
> AFAIK, at least on sage, it is installed systemwide - so any file with
> extension .lc9 will use the latest stable release of LC9 (this is a similar
> scheme to what HostM use).
>
> I suspect you can use .htaccess to ensure it is used for all .lc files,
> but I didn't do that; I kept all the old stuff unchanged, and use the .lc9
> extension in the two files I need it (they then load other .livecodescript
> libraries, and some other .lc files, so I got all my old functionality by
> renaming these two files, and redirecting a couple of URLs).
>
>
> -- Alex.
>
>
>
> On 09/08/2018 06:52, jbv via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> How do you run LC9 server on on-rev ?
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, August 9, 2018 1:40 am, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>>> Oops - sent before I meant to ...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> With LC7 server on on-rev, I get
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 4141 5378 18699 28365 41200 50230 58901 62983 63416 65984 71574 73426
>>>  74288 112360 115826 121386 126039 141224
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> while with LC9 server on on-rev I get
>>>
>>> 4141
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- Alex.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list [hidden email] Please visit this
>> url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>>  http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list [hidden email] Please visit this
> url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>



_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
I think LC9 is faster, but I've never tested, so that's purely "anecdotal".

Yes, I believe it does mean that a new stable release will replace the
older one; I've quoted Robin's mail from my support ticket conversation
below ...

This might be worth a discussion with on-rev support, to see whether
there might be a way they could make available newer version, but allow
guaranteed access to the "older" version for some time after the new one
becomes available so we can all test against it.

I'm sure that if you had to revert (or remain) on an older version, they
would be helpful in supplying a way to do that specific to your account
- but maybe there would be a general way to do it that would make the
option available to all users.

I don't know if anyone on the on-rev team follows his list. Anyone there ?

-- Alex.

> Dear Alex,
>
> Yes, that is the plan: when 9.0.1 goes to stable I will update the server so
> that .lc9 serves 9.0.1 and 9.0.0 becomes unavailable. I think that's the best
> way of managing it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robin


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
jbv wrote:

 > Is it me or is LC9 server much faster than previous versions ?

A great many areas are measurably faster, some even noticeably faster.

v7 was a transitional series, necessary for Unicode along with other
deep revisions.  As a first pass at such a broad scope of changes, many
optimizations were not pursued there which have been implemented since.

I don't have a complete list of changes, or metrics.  I uninstalled all
v7 copies the day 8.0 came out, and removed 8 when 9 came out.

But if the details are of interest, some forum searches and Release
Notes reviews should provide those.

The short answer is simply, "much faster".

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems
  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
  ____________________________________________________________________
  [hidden email]                http://www.FourthWorld.com

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode