Introducing myself

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Introducing myself

burrtonwoodruff
I've created a number of "tools" for calculating statistical values and plotting data. I'd like to
find some way to encourage others to use them rather than reinventing the wheel.

Some of my work is at

http://ripplestat.com

Really got hooked on wanting to suggest additions to the revStandard library.

Burt Woodruff
RippleSoft Software
[hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Introducing myself

Ken Ray
On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:12:19 -0000, burrtonwoodruff wrote:

> I've created a number of "tools" for calculating statistical values
> and plotting data. I'd like to
> find some way to encourage others to use them rather than reinventing
> the wheel.
>
> Some of my work is at
>
> http://ripplestat.com
>
> Really got hooked on wanting to suggest additions to the revStandard
> library.

Please go ahead and make your suggestions! Just keep in mind that this
is for general consumption so esoteric things probably deserve their
own library...


Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stdlib suggestion

burrtonwoodruff
--- In [hidden email], Ken Ray <kray@...> wrote:

>
> Please go ahead and make your suggestions! Just keep in mind that this
> is for general consumption so esoteric things probably deserve their
> own library...

Thanks. Here's my suggestion:

To speed up entering and formatting static text in fields, here's three handlers I've found
very useful. A command click toggles editing on and off. The licensed() function could be
used to disable stdfld if the app is a standalone and the user isn't supposed to edit the
field.

Burt Woodruff
[hidden email]

on stdfld
  if the commandkey is down then
    toggleEditState
  end if
end stdfld

on toggleEditState state
  --rewritten 12/05/2004
  if the paramcount = 0 then
    put not (the locktext of target) into state
  end if
  set the locktext of target to state
  set the traversalOn of target to not state
  set the showFocusBorder of target to not state
  --set the autoTab of target to not state
  set the autotab of target to false
  set the autoHilite of target to not state
  hide msg
end toggleEditState

on toggleFldEditState fldname
  set the locktext of fld fldname to not the locktext of fld fldname
  put the locktext of fld fldname into curr
  set the traversalOn of fld fldname to not curr
  set the showFocusBorder of fld fldname to not curr
  --set the autoTab of fld fldname to not curr
  set the autotab of fld fldname to false
  set the autoHilite of fld fldname to not curr
  hide msg
end toggleFldEditStat

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stdlib suggestion

Ken Ray
On Tue, 29 May 2007 12:21:05 -0000, burrtonwoodruff wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], Ken Ray <kray@...> wrote:
>
>>
>> Please go ahead and make your suggestions! Just keep in mind that this
>> is for general consumption so esoteric things probably deserve their
>> own library...
>
> Thanks. Here's my suggestion:
>
> To speed up entering and formatting static text in fields, here's
> three handlers I've found
> very useful. A command click toggles editing on and off. The
> licensed() function could be
> used to disable stdfld if the app is a standalone and the user isn't
> supposed to edit the
> field.

Burt, I didn't see a licensed() function described or a function
call... did this get omitted?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stdlib suggestion

Chipp Walters
In reply to this post by burrtonwoodruff
Hi Burt,

While these scripts are certainly valuable, I'm not sure they belong
in stdLib as they will then be shipped with all products, and if I
understand correctly, are rarely used in standalones.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stdlib suggestion

burrtonwoodruff
--- In [hidden email], "Chipp Walters" <chipp@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Burt,
>
> While these scripts are certainly valuable, I'm not sure they belong
> in stdLib as they will then be shipped with all products, and if I
> understand correctly, are rarely used in standalones.
>

Hello Chip,

I find sdtfld terribly useful in development for writing and formatting the text of label flds,
help flds, etc. Yes, the code remains in the flds in the standalones.

Its simply a solution I developed that helps my work flow.

On a similar note, I very much appreciate and "borrowed" the "q()" function found in the
stdlib beta--what a simple solution to another tedious task. Thanks to the author.

Burt Woodruff
[hidden email]