Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Keith Clarke
Hi folks,
Is anyone with an on-rev account on Pancake having difficulties at the moment?
I've lost http & ftp access to my on-rev account and company website in an add-on domain - though I still have c-panel access?
Best,
Keith..

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Keith Clarke
…just heard from RunRev / On-rev support that there is indeed a pancake issue…thereby opening the door to Sunday breakfast pancake puns! ;-)
Best,
Keith..

On 13 Oct 2013, at 11:24, Keith Clarke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Is anyone with an on-rev account on Pancake having difficulties at the moment?
> I've lost http & ftp access to my on-rev account and company website in an add-on domain - though I still have c-panel access?
> Best,
> Keith..

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Dave Kilroy
Hi Keith - as of 17:22 UK time my pancake websites are up fine ... so the 'issue' has been resolved?

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Keith Clarke
Hi Dave,
I'm glad to hear you're service is OK - so maybe there are finally signs of progress, as a 10-hour outage is bad, even on a Sunday.

No joy here yet for ftp or web - I just hope my dedicated IP address is in the queue for reinstatement :-(
Best,
Keith..

On 13 Oct 2013, at 17:23, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Keith - as of 17:22 UK time my pancake websites are up fine ... so the
> 'issue' has been resolved?
>
> Dave

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

mwieder
Keith-

Sunday, October 13, 2013, 10:14:01 AM, you wrote:

> No joy here yet for ftp or web - I just hope my dedicated IP
> address is in the queue for reinstatement :-(

I believe pancakes go in a stack rather than a queue.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 10/13/2013 09:40 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Keith-
>
> Sunday, October 13, 2013, 10:14:01 AM, you wrote:
>
>> No joy here yet for ftp or web - I just hope my dedicated IP
>> address is in the queue for reinstatement :-(
> I believe pancakes go in a stack rather than a queue.

I'm lusting for a pancake.

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Marty Knapp-2
It's a good thing On-Rev has new servers, or else there would be like .
. . problems and stuff . . .

All my sites have been down for 4 hours that I know of (pancake) and
probably a lot longer than that. The last time this happened to me, it
was almost 2 days before I was back online. But be sure to catch the new
On-Rev hosting ads and sign up today!

Marty K

> On 10/13/2013 09:40 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>> Keith-
>>
>> Sunday, October 13, 2013, 10:14:01 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> No joy here yet for ftp or web - I just hope my dedicated IP
>>> address is in the queue for reinstatement :-(
>> I believe pancakes go in a stack rather than a queue.
>>

> I'm lusting for a pancake.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

Am 13.10.2013 um 22:03 schrieb Marty Knapp <[hidden email]>:

> It's a good thing On-Rev has new servers, or else there would be like . . . problems and stuff . . .
>
> All my sites have been down for 4 hours that I know of (pancake) and probably a lot longer than that. The last time this happened to me, it was almost 2 days before I was back online. But be sure to catch the new On-Rev hosting ads and sign up today!

But as the email from Runrev on the 10th this month said "fire up your website".
Our sites are now offline for about 10 hours!
This "dedicated ip" problem now happens the 3rd time in 4 or 6 month. Always with several hours of outage.
In the past i allways was patient and waited insightfully.
But they send out an advertising email promoting in which they are telling about the new and optimized system and only 3 days later an problem occurs which occurred 2 time before on the same "new" system.

<sarcasm mode on>
Okay who said the system is reliable. Even Runrev did not said that in their advertising email....
<sarcasm mod off>

a really p.o.'d
Matthias Rebbe

> Marty K
>> On 10/13/2013 09:40 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>>> Keith-

>>> I believe pancakes go in a stack rather than a queue.
>>>

>> I'm lusting for a pancake.
>>
>> Richmond.

Matthias Rebbe
Tel: +49 5741 310000
        +49 160 5504462
eMail: matthias underscore livecode underscore 150811 at m dash r dash d dot de

Convert .br5 files the easy way

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Keith Clarke
…well my sites have finally come back up, but the web site migration I was in the middle of - before pancake went down for nearly 12 hours - has now triggered a hosting migration plan for the near future.

I have access to another VPS, so it looks like my On-Rev account is going to become strictly development-only, as it's clearly far from being a production-ready platform - with its SSL-secured & dedicated IP addressed non-availability!

The On-Rev founder's 'hosting for life' deal is starting to look more like 'hosting until you lose the will to live'! A pity - it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Best,
Keith..

On 13 Oct 2013, at 21:24, Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 13.10.2013 um 22:03 schrieb Marty Knapp <[hidden email]>:
>
>> It's a good thing On-Rev has new servers, or else there would be like . . . problems and stuff . . .
>>
>> All my sites have been down for 4 hours that I know of (pancake) and probably a lot longer than that. The last time this happened to me, it was almost 2 days before I was back online. But be sure to catch the new On-Rev hosting ads and sign up today!
>>

> But as the email from Runrev on the 10th this month said "fire up your website".
> Our sites are now offline for about 10 hours!
> This "dedicated ip" problem now happens the 3rd time in 4 or 6 month. Always with several hours of outage.
> In the past i allways was patient and waited insightfully.
> But they send out an advertising email promoting in which they are telling about the new and optimized system and only 3 days later an problem occurs which occurred 2 time before on the same "new" system.
>
> <sarcasm mode on>
> Okay who said the system is reliable. Even Runrev did not said that in their advertising email....
> <sarcasm mod off>
>
> a really p.o.'d
> Matthias Rebbe

Re: Is Pancake down or is it lust me?

Kevin Miller
It does appear that we did have an outage that affected a very limited
number of accounts today. Support responded immediately and everything is
back up and running now. I can only apologize. We've invested very heavily
in our new server infrastructure to provide a better, faster and above all
more reliable service. Our service has for most of its history been good.
I know the upgrades have been a little bit of a bumpy road. We really had
no choice other than to move hosting platform provider. Unfortunately the
issue that came up today was a teething problem with the new server setup
that we hadn't anticipated. We have now found the cause for this issue and
so I'm confident it won't happen again. We have been working on the new
platform like crazy, we've ironed out a whole bunch of issues and the
volume of support enquiries settled down recently to normal. I had been
really looking forward to getting back to some nice quiet running. Sadly,
this one slipped through. However, we must be about out of these issues by
now.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.runrev.com/