Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Hello,

since keyUp doesn't works anymore  as it should on windows in LC 7/8 (see my

Does anybody has a togo mapping table of the rawkeyup codes to the real
chars? If not I have to build it myself by testing each char.

Thanks

Tiemo

Re: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Mark Waddingham-2
Hi Tiemo,

If you search for 'PlatformKeyCode' in this file:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/engine/src/platform.h

It should give you what you need.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 Nov 2016, at 16:31, Tiemo Hollmann TB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> since keyUp doesn't works anymore  as it should on windows in LC 7/8 (see my
>
> Does anybody has a togo mapping table of the rawkeyup codes to the real
> chars? If not I have to build it myself by testing each char.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

Re: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Richmond Mathewson-2
That's a nifty resource.

I don't know what Tiemo means by "the real chars" as they are dependent on
either one's keyboard driver or the language of one's operating system.

I think what Tiemo needs (?) is something that when he enters a rawKey
number it will
tell him the key char . . .

Something like this (pseudo code):

on rawKeyDown RD
   get the keyDown of RD
     put it
end rawKeyDown

um?

Richmond.

On 24.11.2016 20:31, Mark Waddingham wrote:

> Hi Tiemo,
>
> If you search for 'PlatformKeyCode' in this file:
>
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/engine/src/platform.h
>
> It should give you what you need.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 24 Nov 2016, at 16:31, Tiemo Hollmann TB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> since keyUp doesn't works anymore  as it should on windows in LC 7/8 (see my
>>
>> Does anybody has a togo mapping table of the rawkeyup codes to the real
>> chars? If not I have to build it myself by testing each char.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tiemo

Re: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Richmond Mathewson-2

Better than nothing . . . but a long, long way from ideal.

Richmond.

On 24.11.2016 20:31, Mark Waddingham wrote:

> Hi Tiemo,
>
> If you search for 'PlatformKeyCode' in this file:
>
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/engine/src/platform.h
>
> It should give you what you need.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 24 Nov 2016, at 16:31, Tiemo Hollmann TB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> since keyUp doesn't works anymore  as it should on windows in LC 7/8 (see my
>>
>> Does anybody has a togo mapping table of the rawkeyup codes to the real
>> chars? If not I have to build it myself by testing each char.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tiemo

Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Rick Harrison
Hi there,

I have a video I want to serve from
an LC/iRev Server.  I want to do it
from within an iRev script on the
LC Server so that the URL of the
video is hidden in the code from the
user if possible.

Basically I want people who pay me to
see my video to be able to view my
video, but I don’t want them to be
able to easily find the URL, by looking
at the source code, and start giving it
out to their friends for free.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

xtalkprogrammer
Instead of hiding the URL, you could write a script that creates a key
depending on user credentials and a unique number, say the time, and add
it to the URL. The code should follow some some rules, e.g. the last
part of the code could be a hash. Encrypt the information in your app
and decrypt it on the server. If the user credentials are correct and
the unique code is correct and hasn't been used yet, send the video, and
reject the request otherwise.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com
https://www.facebook.com/marksch

Buy the most extensive book on the
LiveCode language:
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com

Op 27-Nov-16 om 01:48 schreef Rick Harrison:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a video I want to serve from
> an LC/iRev Server.  I want to do it
> from within an iRev script on the
> LC Server so that the URL of the
> video is hidden in the code from the
> user if possible.
>
> Basically I want people who pay me to
> see my video to be able to view my
> video, but I don’t want them to be
> able to easily find the URL, by looking
> at the source code, and start giving it
> out to their friends for free.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Rick

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Rick Harrison
Hi Mark,

That sounds good except that the user is purchasing from me through a third party
and I have no good way of validating.  I can attach a number to the URL but that
same number will be on every unit purchased and visible to the user.  I can’t make
it unique for every unit purchased.  That’s why I’d rather jump a couple of URL’s and
have the last one hidden or unknown to the user.

Other ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

> On Nov 26, 2016, at 9:09 PM, Mark Schonewille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Instead of hiding the URL, you could write a script that creates a key depending on user credentials and a unique number, say the time, and add it to the URL. The code should follow some some rules, e.g. the last part of the code could be a hash. Encrypt the information in your app and decrypt it on the server. If the user credentials are correct and the unique code is correct and hasn't been used yet, send the video, and reject the request otherwise.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille
> http://economy-x-talk.com <http://economy-x-talk.com/>
> https://www.facebook.com/marksch <https://www.facebook.com/marksch>

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Phil Davis-5
Hi Rick,

You can alter URLs using a .htaccess file on the server. e.g. When a
person goes to "http://my.site.com/1234/video.html" they see
"http://my.site.com/show" in the browser URL box. I've never done it but
I'm sure someone here could comment on this approach.

I'm thinking there's probably some kind of dance the server code can do
where if a person tries to access the video using that final URL
directly, it would refuse. Or maybe the server would simply return a
404. Not sure.

Do you receive the emails of purchasers? Could you ask them to enter it
before watching? That wouldn't prevent abuse but at least you could
track likely suspects.

Phil Davis

On 11/26/16 6:44 PM, Rick Harrison wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> That sounds good except that the user is purchasing from me through a third party
> and I have no good way of validating.  I can attach a number to the URL but that
> same number will be on every unit purchased and visible to the user.  I can’t make
> it unique for every unit purchased.  That’s why I’d rather jump a couple of URL’s and
> have the last one hidden or unknown to the user.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick
>
>> On Nov 26, 2016, at 9:09 PM, Mark Schonewille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Instead of hiding the URL, you could write a script that creates a key depending on user credentials and a unique number, say the time, and add it to the URL. The code should follow some some rules, e.g. the last part of the code could be a hash. Encrypt the information in your app and decrypt it on the server. If the user credentials are correct and the unique code is correct and hasn't been used yet, send the video, and reject the request otherwise.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Mark Schonewille
>> http://economy-x-talk.com <http://economy-x-talk.com/>
>> https://www.facebook.com/marksch <https://www.facebook.com/marksch>

Phil Davis

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Stephen Barncard-4
On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Rick Harrison <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have a video I want to serve from
> an LC/iRev Server.  I want to do it
> from within an iRev script on the
> LC Server so that the URL of the
> video is hidden in the code from the
> user if possible.

Look into the JW player <https://www.jwplayer.com>... it calls javascript
but you can imbed it into a LC server page. I've made an online player that
looks at the contents of a folder, gets the file-list, and creates the
display page.

 I eventually want to integrate it into a RevBurner system so right now
it's for personal stuff and proof of performance. But it also can be made
to work with a fixed playlist:

*file: "joni_on_first_album_Croz.m4v",image: "joni-cbc.png",*
*title: "01&nbsp;&nbsp;joni on first album Croz.m4v"*

The JW player can be branded if you pay a little.

Here's my player in situ, business code in Livecode inserting javascript
into the presentation layer:

http://media.barncard.com/video/joni_on_first_album/audio.irev

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Stephen Barncard-4
On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 7:57 PM, stephen barncard <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's my player in situ, business code in Livecode inserting javascript
> into the presentation layer:
>
> http://media.barncard.com/video/joni_on_first_album/audio.irev

this particular player makes no attempt to obfuscate the location of the
files in source but you could put the files in a protected folder, they
don't have to be in the same directory as the 'player'.

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Antti Ilola
I found this program, maybe useful.

https://manytricks.com/keycodes/

Antti

> Better than nothing . . . but a long, long way from ideal.
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 24.11.2016 20:31, Mark Waddingham wrote:
>
>> Hi Tiemo,
>>
>> If you search for 'PlatformKeyCode' in this file:
>>
>> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/engine/src/platform.h
>>
>> It should give you what you need.
>>
>> Warmest Regards,
>>
>> Mark.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 24 Nov 2016, at 16:31, Tiemo Hollmann TB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> since keyUp doesn't works anymore  as it should on windows in LC 7/8
>>> (see my
>>>
>>> Does anybody has a togo mapping table of the rawkeyup codes to the real
>>> chars? If not I have to build it myself by testing each char.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Tiemo

> Am I missing something? Should I expect otherwise?
>>
>> Peter Bogdanoff

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Rick Harrison
Hi Phil,

One can hide real URLs in the browser URL box, and I’ve done that before.
The problem is that if someone looks at the page source code that’s in the
browser, then the real URL is revealed.  I need a language that doesn’t
reveal it’s source code in the browser.  I thought that iRev/LC tags might
be able to do that for me.

Unfortunately, I do not get any email from the purchasers so there isn’t
a good way to track/tag real customers.  What I need is for real users
to be able to get their content and to not be able to share that information
with others.  The others who haven’t paid shouldn’t be able to know
the correct URL to use.

Thank you for your efforts!

Rick

> On Nov 26, 2016, at 10:29 PM, Phil Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> You can alter URLs using a .htaccess file on the server. e.g. When a person goes to "http://my.site.com/1234/video.html <http://my.site.com/1234/video.html>" they see "http://my.site.com/show <http://my.site.com/show>" in the browser URL box. I've never done it but I'm sure someone here could comment on this approach.
>
> I'm thinking there's probably some kind of dance the server code can do where if a person tries to access the video using that final URL directly, it would refuse. Or maybe the server would simply return a 404. Not sure.
>
> Do you receive the emails of purchasers? Could you ask them to enter it before watching? That wouldn't prevent abuse but at least you could track likely suspects.
>
> Phil Davis

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Rick,

That third party must have an API for it. If not, you need to change the
vendor. I can't be that e.g. Apple sells music, while everybody is able
to download the content once it has been bought by one person. Can you
tell the name of that third party?

KvK: 50277553

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Rick Harrison
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the link to the video player.

However when I look at the page source code I see:

        <link rel="image_src" href="http://media.barncard.com/video/joni-cbc.png" />
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">jwplayer.key="XLyrcd150kfRyTFsfsheTexshhjaa431eedjs==";</script>

I altered the key here for security reasons before posting so it won’t work for anyone, just in case.

Anyway I’m looking for a way to prevent non-paying user from seeing the correct URL to the video content.
I’m not sure this will accomplish that as I was certainly able to view it here.

Thank you for your time and suggestions!

Rick

> On Nov 26, 2016, at 10:57 PM, stephen barncard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Rick Harrison <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> I have a video I want to serve from
>> an LC/iRev Server.  I want to do it
>> from within an iRev script on the
>> LC Server so that the URL of the
>> video is hidden in the code from the
>> user if possible.
>

> Look into the JW player <https://www.jwplayer.com>... it calls javascript
> but you can imbed it into a LC server page. I've made an online player that
> looks at the contents of a folder, gets the file-list, and creates the
> display page.
>
> I eventually want to integrate it into a RevBurner system so right now
> it's for personal stuff and proof of performance. But it also can be made
> to work with a fixed playlist:
>

> *file: "joni_on_first_album_Croz.m4v",image: "joni-cbc.png",*
> *title: "01&nbsp;&nbsp;joni on first album Croz.m4v"*
>

> The JW player can be branded if you pay a little.
>
> Here's my player in situ, business code in Livecode inserting javascript
> into the presentation layer:
>
> http://media.barncard.com/video/joni_on_first_album/audio.irev
>
> Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
> mixstream.org

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Rick Harrison
Hi Mark,

Well I was trying to talk in black-box terms here, but I can
see that isn’t sufficient information for you as inquiring
minds always want to know.  It really shouldn’t hurt if
I reveal the third party anyway.

I have an enhanced eBook with an embedded video in it.
I was able to publish it to Apple’s iTunes store in the EPub 3
format just fine, without having to resort to using
iBooks Author to create the book.  The plus side of
that is I don’t have an exclusive obligation to Apple
if I do it that way, and I can publish the book elsewhere.

So the next good place to publish the eBook would be
to Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>.  Unfortunately, they want their books
to use the .mobi format.  That format does not allow
embedded content such as videos etc.  You have only
one way to share enhanced content and that’s by
giving out a URL link to one’s web content.  That
URL is a fixed link in the book once it’s published,
and will always go to the same place.

So yes, I could painfully decide not to publish to
Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/> but I’d rather not have to not use them
as they are pretty big.  Now you can understand
my problem and my attempted solution.

Thank you for your input!

Rick

> On Nov 27, 2016, at 10:06 AM, Mark Schonewille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> That third party must have an API for it. If not, you need to change the vendor. I can't be that e.g. Apple sells music, while everybody is able to download the content once it has been bought by one person. Can you tell the name of that third party?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille
> http://economy-x-talk.com <http://economy-x-talk.com/>
> https://www.facebook.com/marksch <https://www.facebook.com/marksch>

Re: Serving Videos with LC/iRev

Stephen Barncard-5
Hi Rick,
yes, yes, I know, I was plugging the player because it's so extensible and
it uses a playlist, but there's ways to use Apache to allow local
executables like livecode server (but not Joe Web User) to access
directories ABOVE the website root from script..... and if any 'address'
would be revealed, it would still be useless information as it would be
inaccessible from the web.

 I remember one of the first 'web apps' did this, it was called 'Gallery'.
All the photos were stored in a special directory above web root for a site.

I think the answer might be in here.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/urlmapping.html

a htaccess file can do a lot of things, including allowing livecode server
to run in cgi-bin, another web-inaccessible place.

just throwing some things out there. I think the answer will be pretty
simple.

--
Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Richmond Mathewson-2
It is, indeed, useful . . . have just downloaded it and have it running.

BUT: it is Macintosh only, AND, there is no way of telling from the app
itself whether a particular code

generated by a keyDown is Mac-specific or not.

Richmond.

On 11/27/16 2:54 PM, Antti Ilola wrote:

> I found this program, maybe useful.
>
> https://manytricks.com/keycodes/
>

> Antti

Robert Brenstein
On 27.11.2016 at 10:37 Uhr -0500 Rick Harrison apparently wrote:
>So the next good place to publish the eBook would be
>to Amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>.  Unfortunately, they want their books
>to use the .mobi format.  That format does not allow
>embedded content such as videos etc.  You have only
>one way to share enhanced content and that's by
>giving out a URL link to one's web content.  That
>URL is a fixed link in the book once it's published,
>and will always go to the same place.

Sounds like the LC/iRev script will not solve your problem either.
Even if your server obfuscates the real URL, people can simply pass
the link published in the ebook. It seems to me that the real issue
for you is how to uniquely and reliably identify users who are
authorized to see your video. I venture that you need to somehow tap
into the unique identification attached to each online purchase.

RObert

AW: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Thanks for the hint,
I've made myself a table and was surprised to see, that the keys of rawkeyup are no "fantasy" livecode keys, but the good old dec codes to be find in every old school ASCII table. Ok Windows and Mac specifics I have to find out and differentiate myself manually.
Tiemo