Is tsnet always better?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
LC gives us multiple ways to connect to online databases. Is TSnet always the best performing method?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Is tsnet always better?

On 2017-08-21 02:25, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:
> LC gives us multiple ways to connect to online databases. Is TSnet
> always the best performing method?

Generally if you are accessing databases over the internet then fronting
them with an HTTP-based gateway is by far the 'best' option - especially
when considered from a security standpoint (that's not saying it
completely replaces direct socket access - the latter just requires more
IT infrastructure to ensure it is secure; which makes it less generally
useful, and probably best to avoid entirely in a mobile/unlocked down
over-internet access setting).

So, I'd say tsNet is definitely the best way to access HTTP APIs - it is
more efficient and has async (request with callback) for all HTTP method
types (well, it will in 1.3.1 - there's a couple of HTTP methods missing
in previous versions).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps