Italic text within fields on Mac OS

hh via use-livecode
Doesn't work.

Re: Italic text within fields on Mac OS

hh via use-livecode
Hi Richmond,

It works just fine here.
I’m using LiveCode 8.1.3
in MacOS Sierra.

I was able to do it both manually and programatically.
Here’s the code.

on mouseUp
set the textStyle of field "TextField1" of this card to italic

put "Hi there" into field "TextField1" of this card

end mouseUp

Good luck!

Rick

> On Apr 15, 2017, at 4:08 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Doesn't work.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Italic text within fields on Mac OS

hh via use-livecode
Aha: I was trying to set it through the properties palette . . .

Richmond.

On 4/16/17 4:59 pm, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
> It works just fine here.
> I’m using LiveCode 8.1.3
> in MacOS Sierra.
>
> I was able to do it both manually and programatically.
> Here’s the code.
>
> on mouseUp
> set the textStyle of field "TextField1" of this card to italic
>
> put "Hi there" into field "TextField1" of this card
>
> end mouseUp
>
> Good luck!
>
> Rick
>
>> On Apr 15, 2017, at 4:08 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't work.
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: Italic text within fields on Mac OS

dunbarx
This may call for a discussion, a dedicated lesson maybe, especially for newbies, about the difference between setting the textStyle of actual text within a field as opposed to the field itself. It touches on inheritance.

But I bet that many have struggled with what they see as impossible or at least inconsistent results when they set text properties either "globally" or with actual selected text within a field/\.

Craig