Jacque's LC error plugin

Chris Sheffield-3
Anyone know where I can download Jacque's excellent error plugin? I'm talking about the one where you can feed it LiveCode error numbers and have it return the English equivalent of those errors. :-) I saw her use it in one of the videos from RevLive but I missed the download link (if there is one).

Jacque, if you're watching...

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.

Re: Jacque's LC error plugin

J. Landman Gay
On 7/31/12 2:38 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
> Anyone know where I can download Jacque's excellent error plugin? I'm
> talking about the one where you can feed it LiveCode error numbers
> and have it return the English equivalent of those errors. :-) I saw
> her use it in one of the videos from RevLive but I missed the
> download link (if there is one).
>
> Jacque, if you're watching...

It's here for now:
<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23431607/ErrorLookup.livecode.zip>

I'll try to put it on RevOnline, I just keep forgetting. Glad you like it.

Re: Jacque's LC error plugin

Chris Sheffield-3
Great. Thanks!

On Jul 31, 2012, at 4:42 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/31/12 2:38 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>> Anyone know where I can download Jacque's excellent error plugin? I'm
>> talking about the one where you can feed it LiveCode error numbers
>> and have it return the English equivalent of those errors. :-) I saw
>> her use it in one of the videos from RevLive but I missed the
>> download link (if there is one).
>>
>> Jacque, if you're watching...
>
> It's here for now:
> <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23431607/ErrorLookup.livecode.zip>
>
> I'll try to put it on RevOnline, I just keep forgetting. Glad you like it.

Re: Jacque's LC error plugin

pmbrig
It's easy to roll your own. Here's handy function:

function expandError tErr
   -- expands LC runtime error numbers
   --    with explanatory text
   -- requires sr()
   repeat for each line e in tErr
      put item 1 of e into errNbr
      put item 2 of e into tLineNbr
      put item 3 of e into tCharNbr
      put "• error #" && errNbr & " (line" && tLineNbr & "," && "char" && tCharNbr & "):" && \
             sr(line errNbr of the cErrorsList of card 1 of stack "revErrorDisplay") \
             into tErrMsg
      put tErrMsg & cr after errorlist
   end repeat
   return sr(errorlist)
end expandError

function sr str
   -- sr = "strip returns" -- actually, strips all white space fore and aft
   return word 1 to -1 of str
end sr

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
[hidden email]
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig

On 7/31/12 8:46 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> It's easy to roll your own. Here's handy function:

Yup. :) I love the open nature of the LiveCode IDE.

One advantage of the stack over a single function is that it parses
output from both Console (iOS) and Terminal (Android) so that you can
decipher multiple lines of stdout data when debugging mobile apps. I
can't take full credit for the stack though, Richard Gaskin worked with
me on it.

Of course, anyone could have done it themselves, it wasn't too hard.

Re: Jacque's LC error plugin

J. Landman Gay
On 7/31/12 5:42 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 7/31/12 2:38 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>> Anyone know where I can download Jacque's excellent error plugin?

It's finally on RevOnline now, as "LiveCode Error Lookup".