Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Vaughn Clement
Hi All

I am trying to find any approaches where the card objects "Text Input" can
be adjusted when the keyboard covers the input field. I've spent hours
looking for a "Standard Approach" where LiveCode addresses this need.

The field focus seems to be the key to selecting the field and the
relocation of the field to be moved into view from behind the popup
keyboard is the issue.

This needs to work where a background may or may not be present. I think
that the background if present would allow the relocation in a script when
the focus is set to an input field. But I cannot find anything that
describes the script or any other options for moving the Input field/s up
above the popup keyboard. If you have a solution I would like to see this
scripting solution?

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Roger Eller
Put the loc of fld "saidField" into tOrigLoc
-- change the vertical point as you relocate the field.
Move fld "saidField" to tOrigLoc --afterwards

There is a property that you can look at to see if the keyboard is popped,
but I don't remember what it is.

~Roger
 On Nov 6, 2013 11:18 AM, "Vaughn Clement" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am trying to find any approaches where the card objects "Text Input" can
> be adjusted when the keyboard covers the input field. I've spent hours
> looking for a "Standard Approach" where LiveCode addresses this need.
>
> The field focus seems to be the key to selecting the field and the
> relocation of the field to be moved into view from behind the popup
> keyboard is the issue.
>
> This needs to work where a background may or may not be present. I think
> that the background if present would allow the relocation in a script when
> the focus is set to an input field. But I cannot find anything that
> describes the script or any other options for moving the Input field/s up
> above the popup keyboard. If you have a solution I would like to see this
> scripting solution?
>
> Thank you
>
> Vaughn Clement
>
> Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
> *http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
> <http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
> Skype: vaughn.clement
> https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
> FaceTime: [hidden email]
> LogMeIn also avaialble
> Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
> Ph. 928-254-9062
> Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
> https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Dave Kilroy
In reply to this post by Vaughn Clement
Hi Vaughn

In general on iOS I try to keep using LiveCode fields rather than going for native fields - I then have lots of functionality I'm used to - but do have to spend time making the field look pretty...

So this is what I do:

1 - In my text entry field I make sure that 'TraversalOn' is set
2 - In the script of the field's card I have keyboardActivated and keyboardDeactivated handlers to catch the LiveCode messages and inside these I can call other handlers to move fields up and back down again catering for the keyboard
3 - Using the 'effective screenRect' provides the area of the app not taken up by the keyboard (when active) which you can use to calculate where to move the text entry field and other stuff to
4 - In the field's script I'll also have a returnInField handler where I can 'set the focus to nothing' to dismiss the keyboard (and can also 'set the focus to nothing' in a mouseDown handler in the card

And that's about it really - I do some other stuff in resizeStack to check if the keyboard is showing so that the app can change orientation gracefully with the keyboard up if the user rotates the device - and I think the final thing to watch out for is to return everything to its proper place if the user opened the keyboard in portrait orientation and closed it in landscape

Does this help? If not then please clarify...

Dave
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Vaughn Clement
Hi Dave

Your Comments:

In general on iOS I try to keep using LiveCode fields rather than going for
native fields

*** Please explain what your calling "NativeFields" and LiveCode fields?

 - I then have lots of functionality I'm used to - but do have
to spend time making the field look pretty...

*** How do the fields look different?

So this is what I do:

1 - In my text entry field I make sure that 'TraversalOn' is set
*** Is this found in the property inspector?

2 - In the script of the field's card I have keyboardActivated and
keyboardDeactivated handlers to catch the LiveCode messages and inside these
I can call other handlers to move fields up and back down again catering for
the keyboard

*** This is the interesting think about LiveCode is there are so many ways
to code things. Do you have an example of this script?

3 - Using the 'effective screenRect' provides the area of the app not taken
up by the keyboard (when active) which you can use to calculate where to
move the text entry field and other stuff to

*** I have many fields and labels to move, so can I move the entire "group"
up when the user clicks in the text field behind the keyboard? This way
only the fields under a keyboard would trigger the group to move up showing
the objects that are behind the keyboard.

4 - In the field's script I'll also have a returnInField handler where I can
'set the focus to nothing' to dismiss the keyboard (and can also 'set the
focus to nothing' in a mouseDown handler in the card

*** Can this work where the user exits the field and the focus change
removes the keyboard and gives the expected change where the group fields
return to the normal state down and shown in the normal place?

And that's about it really - I do some other stuff in resizeStack to check
if the keyboard is showing so that the app can change orientation gracefully
with the keyboard up if the user rotates the device - and I think the final
thing to watch out for is to return everything to its proper place if the
user opened the keyboard in portrait orientation and closed it in landscape

*** In this app I set the Landscape to true with no change to portrait.

Does this help? If not then please clarify...

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41


On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Vaughn
>
> In general on iOS I try to keep using LiveCode fields rather than going for
> native fields - I then have lots of functionality I'm used to - but do have
> to spend time making the field look pretty...
>
> So this is what I do:
>
> 1 - In my text entry field I make sure that 'TraversalOn' is set
> 2 - In the script of the field's card I have keyboardActivated and
> keyboardDeactivated handlers to catch the LiveCode messages and inside
> these
> I can call other handlers to move fields up and back down again catering
> for
> the keyboard
> 3 - Using the 'effective screenRect' provides the area of the app not taken
> up by the keyboard (when active) which you can use to calculate where to
> move the text entry field and other stuff to
> 4 - In the field's script I'll also have a returnInField handler where I
> can
> 'set the focus to nothing' to dismiss the keyboard (and can also 'set the
> focus to nothing' in a mouseDown handler in the card
>
> And that's about it really - I do some other stuff in resizeStack to check
> if the keyboard is showing so that the app can change orientation
> gracefully
> with the keyboard up if the user rotates the device - and I think the final
> thing to watch out for is to return everything to its proper place if the
> user opened the keyboard in portrait orientation and closed it in landscape
>
> Does this help? If not then please clarify...
>
> Dave
>
>
>
> -----
> "Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust
> upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Keyboard-in-IOS-and-Field-Focus-tp4671935p4671948.html
> Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Dave Kilroy
Hi Vaughn

If you want to use an ordinary LiveCode field in an iOS or Android application you just use it, as per normal

However for mobile things are different, for example if you want to use a slider in iOS created by iOS itself (a native control) then you need to set everything up in Livecode so that when the app is built (during the compiling with Xcode I guess, not sure exactly where it happens) LiveCode knows to swap out special code a developer will include with an iOS 'native' slider.

See the dictionary for more on this, for example if you search for "mobileControlCreate" in the dictionary you will see that the following two lines of code sets up a native text field (controlType = "input") to be created when the app is built:

put "input" into tControlType
mobileControlCreate tControlType, "myFirstInputField"

Please note that while your app is in the IDE it will not have any iOS or Android controls, these are only added when built (either as standalones or for simulator)

I've just found a lesson on using native controls here: http://lessons.runrev.com/s/3527/m/4069/l/29112-how-do-i-use-native-text-controls-on-mobile

-------------

Yes 'TraversalOn' is in property inspector and you can also set and unset it with code

If you run an app with Livecode fields in a simulator you'll see the fields in the 'motif' theme (along with all LiveCode controls) which makes them look like refugees from from 1990 - native fields on the other hand look nice!

For example of moving fields up and down to cater for the keyboard check out this lesson: http://lessons.runrev.com/s/3527/m/4069/l/136724-move-a-native-mobile-text-input-control-so-it-is-not-covered-by-keyboard

Yes you can group all your fields and move these up and down - it all depends on your GUI and what you are trying to do...

I'm not sure if you need a 'focus on nothing' in an exitField handler, I just have one in a mouseDown handler in the card (where else can the person tap to leave the field?) and that seems to work - but again it will depend on your GUI and what you are trying to do...

I think I've covered all your queries, let me know if I've missed any (or if you have any new ones)

Dave
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

PystCat
How would you create a native on/off switch...?  Where can I find a listing of the native iOS controls...?  I only see the browser/multiline/input fields in the dictionary.


> On Nov 7, 2013, at 6:55 AM, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Vaughn
>
> If you want to use an ordinary LiveCode field in an iOS or Android
> application you just use it, as per normal
>
> However for mobile things are different, for example if you want to use a
> slider in iOS created by iOS itself (a native control) then you need to set
> everything up in Livecode so that when the app is built (during the
> compiling with Xcode I guess, not sure exactly where it happens) LiveCode
> knows to swap out special code a developer will include with an iOS 'native'
> slider.
>
> See the dictionary for more on this, for example if you search for
> "mobileControlCreate" in the dictionary you will see that the following two
> lines of code sets up a native text field (controlType = "input") to be
> created when the app is built:
>
> put "input" into tControlType
> mobileControlCreate tControlType, "myFirstInputField"
>
> Please note that while your app is in the IDE it will not have any iOS or
> Android controls, these are only added when built (either as standalones or
> for simulator)
>
> I've just found a lesson on using native controls here:
> http://lessons.runrev.com/s/3527/m/4069/l/29112-how-do-i-use-native-text-controls-on-mobile
>
> -------------
>
> Yes 'TraversalOn' is in property inspector and you can also set and unset it
> with code
>
> If you run an app with Livecode fields in a simulator you'll see the fields
> in the 'motif' theme (along with all LiveCode controls) which makes them
> look like refugees from from 1990 - native fields on the other hand look
> nice!
>
> For example of moving fields up and down to cater for the keyboard check out
> this lesson:
> http://lessons.runrev.com/s/3527/m/4069/l/136724-move-a-native-mobile-text-input-control-so-it-is-not-covered-by-keyboard
>
> Yes you can group all your fields and move these up and down - it all
> depends on your GUI and what you are trying to do...
>
> I'm not sure if you need a 'focus on nothing' in an exitField handler, I
> just have one in a mouseDown handler in the card (where else can the person
> tap to leave the field?) and that seems to work - but again it will depend
> on your GUI and what you are trying to do...
>
> I think I've covered all your queries, let me know if I've missed any (or if
> you have any new ones)
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
> -----
> "Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Keyboard-in-IOS-and-Field-Focus-tp4671935p4671994.html
> Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

https, MacOS and Certificates

Tim Bleiler
I've run into a problem using a secure server that appears to be related to MacOS keychain.

I've been getting some simple information back from an active server page using this script

Put "https://MyServer/MyActiveServerPage.aspx?uID=1001" into tURLString
Get URL tURLString



This is generating an error with certificates on some Macs but not all.
On the Macs where the problem occurs, the URL can be accessed through the web browser but NOT through Livecode. This makes me suspect that the problem is not just with the certificates but with how liveCode is using the keychain system.

There is no problem on windows.

Anyone have any suggestions?


Thanks,

Tim Bleiler
University at Buffalo


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Vaughn Clement
In reply to this post by PystCat
Hi Dave & PystCat

It turns out that the lesson addresses most of the script requirements, but
it does not address how the trigger for moving the Group up. I assume the
text fields that get a focus can be used to trigger the script to move the
group up. Then the hide keyboard key on deactivate would end the group move
up and return the group to the original location.

Your comments and help are priceless. I did not understand about native
control requirement. That is a very useful thing to know. In LiveCode every
rock you turn over reveals another rock to turnover.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41


On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM, PystCat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How would you create a native on/off switch...?  Where can I find a
> listing of the native iOS controls...?  I only see the
> browser/multiline/input fields in the dictionary.
>
>
> > On Nov 7, 2013, at 6:55 AM, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Vaughn
> >
> > If you want to use an ordinary LiveCode field in an iOS or Android
> > application you just use it, as per normal
> >
> > However for mobile things are different, for example if you want to use a
> > slider in iOS created by iOS itself (a native control) then you need to
> set
> > everything up in Livecode so that when the app is built (during the
> > compiling with Xcode I guess, not sure exactly where it happens) LiveCode
> > knows to swap out special code a developer will include with an iOS
> 'native'
> > slider.
> >
> > See the dictionary for more on this, for example if you search for
> > "mobileControlCreate" in the dictionary you will see that the following
> two
> > lines of code sets up a native text field (controlType = "input") to be
> > created when the app is built:
> >
> > put "input" into tControlType
> > mobileControlCreate tControlType, "myFirstInputField"
> >
> > Please note that while your app is in the IDE it will not have any iOS or
> > Android controls, these are only added when built (either as standalones
> or
> > for simulator)
> >
> > I've just found a lesson on using native controls here:
> >
> http://lessons.runrev.com/s/3527/m/4069/l/29112-how-do-i-use-native-text-controls-on-mobile
> >
> > -------------
> >
> > Yes 'TraversalOn' is in property inspector and you can also set and
> unset it
> > with code
> >
> > If you run an app with Livecode fields in a simulator you'll see the
> fields
> > in the 'motif' theme (along with all LiveCode controls) which makes them
> > look like refugees from from 1990 - native fields on the other hand look
> > nice!
> >
> > For example of moving fields up and down to cater for the keyboard check
> out
> > this lesson:
> >
> http://lessons.runrev.com/s/3527/m/4069/l/136724-move-a-native-mobile-text-input-control-so-it-is-not-covered-by-keyboard
> >
> > Yes you can group all your fields and move these up and down - it all
> > depends on your GUI and what you are trying to do...
> >
> > I'm not sure if you need a 'focus on nothing' in an exitField handler, I
> > just have one in a mouseDown handler in the card (where else can the
> person
> > tap to leave the field?) and that seems to work - but again it will
> depend
> > on your GUI and what you are trying to do...
> >
> > I think I've covered all your queries, let me know if I've missed any
> (or if
> > you have any new ones)
> >
> > Dave
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----
> > "Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust
> upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context:
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Keyboard-in-IOS-and-Field-Focus-tp4671935p4671994.html
> > Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > use-livecode mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: https, MacOS and Certificates

J. Landman Gay
In reply to this post by Tim Bleiler
On 11/7/13 9:25 AM, Timothy Bleiler wrote:

> I've been getting some simple information back from an active server
> page using this script
>
> Put "https://MyServer/MyActiveServerPage.aspx?uID=1001" into
> tURLString Get URL tURLString
>
> This is generating an error with certificates on some Macs but not
> all. On the Macs where the problem occurs, the URL can be accessed
> through the web browser but NOT through Livecode. This makes me
> suspect that the problem is not just with the certificates but with
> how liveCode is using the keychain system.

LiveCode tries to find the default installed certificate in the OS and
uses that when sending https requests. There's a known failure to find
the certificate on Mac OS 10.6. Are the Macs that fail running that
version of the OS?

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: https, MacOS and Certificates

Tim Bleiler
It's tricky. One that works is running 10.7, one used to work and now doesn't is running 10.7. One worked under 10.5 and failed when upgraded to 10.7. I only just tracked it down to this issue earlier today and haven't gotten any details back from other users yet.

Tim

On Nov 7, 2013, at 4:28 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/7/13 9:25 AM, Timothy Bleiler wrote:
>> I've been getting some simple information back from an active server
>> page using this script
>>
>> Put "https://MyServer/MyActiveServerPage.aspx?uID=1001" into
>> tURLString Get URL tURLString
>>
>> This is generating an error with certificates on some Macs but not
>> all. On the Macs where the problem occurs, the URL can be accessed
>> through the web browser but NOT through Livecode. This makes me
>> suspect that the problem is not just with the certificates but with
>> how liveCode is using the keychain system.
>
> LiveCode tries to find the default installed certificate in the OS and uses that when sending https requests. There's a known failure to find the certificate on Mac OS 10.6. Are the Macs that fail running that version of the OS?
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: https, MacOS and Certificates

J. Landman Gay
If/when you find out more details, could you let us know? I may have to
deal with this too.

On 11/7/13 6:04 PM, Timothy Bleiler wrote:

> It's tricky. One that works is running 10.7, one used to work and now
> doesn't is running 10.7. One worked under 10.5 and failed when
> upgraded to 10.7. I only just tracked it down to this issue earlier
> today and haven't gotten any details back from other users yet.
>
> Tim
>
> On Nov 7, 2013, at 4:28 PM, "J. Landman Gay"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 11/7/13 9:25 AM, Timothy Bleiler wrote:
>>> I've been getting some simple information back from an active
>>> server page using this script
>>>
>>> Put "https://MyServer/MyActiveServerPage.aspx?uID=1001" into
>>> tURLString Get URL tURLString
>>>
>>> This is generating an error with certificates on some Macs but
>>> not all. On the Macs where the problem occurs, the URL can be
>>> accessed through the web browser but NOT through Livecode. This
>>> makes me suspect that the problem is not just with the
>>> certificates but with how liveCode is using the keychain system.
>>
>> LiveCode tries to find the default installed certificate in the OS
>> and uses that when sending https requests. There's a known failure
>> to find the certificate on Mac OS 10.6. Are the Macs that fail
>> running that version of the OS?
>>
>> -- Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
>> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>>



--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email]
HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyboard in IOS and Field Focus

Dave Kilroy
In reply to this post by Vaughn Clement
Vaughn

There are lofts of ways of doing this, possibly the simplest is to use the keyboardActivated handler to first record the loc (or rect) of the target field in a script local variable (i.e. one which you define outside the handler at the top of the card script), then using effective screenRect calculate where the field should be when the keyboard is open, then simply "set the loc" of the field (or a group containing it), or your could "set the rect" instead.

Then in the keyboardDeactivated handler get the original loc (or rect) of the the target field or group from the script local variable you used earlier and once again simply set the "loc" or "rect" to that location/rect to put everything back the way it was when the keyboard closes

Sounds quite complex as I read this back but it's actually easy to do once you get started coding :)

Dave
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Code Signing

Tim Bleiler
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay
Hi,

Can anyone point me to some resources describing how to properly code sign Livecode apps for Mac and Windows?

Thanks,

Tim Bleiler, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer, HSIT
University at Buffalo


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Ray Horsley-2
Tim,

Here are some steps I've made notes on so it's easier the next time I do
this.  I hope they help you.  If they don't just repost something here
and somebody else may be able to help with specifics.

Create Ceritificate:
Open Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access
Click on Keychain Access (menubar), drag to Certificate Assistant and choose
    Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority
Use your email address which is usually the same as Apple Developer ID
Use your app's name for the Common Name
No CA email address is required
Select Saved to disk
Check Let me specify key pair information
Leave all other choices at the default
Open a browser, go to the following URL and navigate thru steps
'similar' to these:
https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/certificate/certificateList.action?type=development
    In iOS Provisioning Portal/Certificates/Development click Choose
File (bottom right)
    Upload the Certificate Signing Request created on the desktop and
click Submit
Click the Development tab (might have to refresh) and choose Download
Double-click the developer_identity file on the desktop and it should
open Keychain Access and put it in there.
At this point the term "Issued" should be displayed.  If not, then a
button named Download Certificate or something should be displayed on
the Distribution tab
Choose "My Certificates" on the left of the Keychain app
Delete any similarly named certificates
Drag the newly saved certificate file from the desktop into the main
part of the Keychain window.
___________________________________

Move your standalone to an iPad using xCode:
Click on Window and choose Organizer in the xCode app
Expand [the user name you logged in with]'s iPad and click Applications
Click Add, choose the standalone

Good luck,

Ray Horsley
LinkIt! Software

On 11/12/2013 11:32 AM, Timothy Bleiler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone point me to some resources describing how to properly code sign Livecode apps for Mac and Windows?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim Bleiler, Ph.D.
> Instructional Designer, HSIT
> University at Buffalo
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Trevor DeVore
In reply to this post by Tim Bleiler
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Timothy Bleiler <[hidden email]>wrote

>
> Can anyone point me to some resources describing how to properly code sign
> Livecode apps for Mac and Windows?
>

Here are some instructions. One thing to note is that code signing has
changed on Mavericks. You have to sign more items in the bundle then you
had to previously. I haven't sat down to figure out the best way to
approach this yet, however.

http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/s/revolution/m/10695

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
www.screensteps.com    -    www.clarify-it.com
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Tim Bleiler
In reply to this post by Ray Horsley-2
Thanks Ray.


On Nov 12, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Ray wrote:

>
> Here are some steps I've made notes on so it's easier the next time I do this.  I hope they help you.  If they don't just repost something here and somebody else may be able to help with specifics.


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Tim Bleiler
In reply to this post by Trevor DeVore
On Nov 12, 2013, at 1:33 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> Here are some instructions. One thing to note is that code signing has
> changed on Mavericks. You have to sign more items in the bundle then you
> had to previously. I haven't sat down to figure out the best way to
> approach this yet, however.
>
> http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/s/revolution/m/10695


Thanks Trevor,

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Marty Knapp-2
In reply to this post by Trevor DeVore
I've used "App Wrapper" from www.ohanaware.com but it doesn't work with
Mavericks. I've been in contact with a Sam Rowlands there (great guy,
very helpful). They have an alpha version in testing, which is working
for me - don't know if you need to own a current copy to participate or
not. You have to set the engine in preferences to "Mavericks" for it to
work.

Marty

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Timothy Bleiler <[hidden email]>wrote
>
>> Can anyone point me to some resources describing how to properly code sign
>> Livecode apps for Mac and Windows?
>>
> Here are some instructions. One thing to note is that code signing has
> changed on Mavericks. You have to sign more items in the bundle then you
> had to previously. I haven't sat down to figure out the best way to
> approach this yet, however.
>
> http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/s/revolution/m/10695
>


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Andrew Henshaw
In reply to this post by Trevor DeVore
For Mavericks just add --deep to the start of the code signing line Trevor,  that signs everything in the package so it works with the gatekeeper.

eg.

codesign --deep -f -s "Developer ID Application: Your Company Ltd" ./YourApp*

For Windows I use SignGUI which is free and seems to work,  it takes a whole for a new exe upload to be trusted by the Windows 8 Smart Screen if you only have a standard code signing certificate,  but my apps seem to clear that in 48 hours or less so ive not bothered with the extended certificates.

Andy

>
> Here are some instructions. One thing to note is that code signing has
> changed on Mavericks. You have to sign more items in the bundle then you
> had to previously. I haven't sat down to figure out the best way to
> approach this yet, however.

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Code Signing

Trevor DeVore
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Andrew Henshaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For Mavericks just add --deep to the start of the code signing line
> Trevor,  that signs everything in the package so it works with the
> gatekeeper.
>
> codesign --deep -f -s "Developer ID Application: Your Company Ltd"
> ./YourApp*


Have you read this blog post which discusses issues with using the --deep
flag?

http://furbo.org/2013/10/17/code-signing-and-mavericks/

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
www.screensteps.com    -    www.clarify-it.com
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
12