LC 9 and Icon Families

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi folks,

Couldn’t resist spending some time on the new RC of LC 9. One of the cool new features is the ability to add icon families to your instance of LiveCode. Using the release notes and the dictionary I worked out how to create and add new icon families. This finally makes it possible to use your own custom icons in a Nav bar widget, for example.

Try out my stack here (enter in message box):

  go stack URL "https://asay.byu.edu/stacks/IconFamilyMaker.livecode"

Enjoy!

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: LC 9 and Icon Families

dunbarx via use-livecode
Thanks. Please put this on "Sample Stacks" (there are more visitors there).

Re: LC 9 and Icon Families

dunbarx via use-livecode
Good idea. Done.

I also added my SVG Icon Picker stack.

DNA

On Mar 14, 2018, at 4:29 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Thanks. Please put this on "Sample Stacks" (there are more visitors there).

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: LC 9 and Icon Families

dunbarx via use-livecode
I wrote a stack that does something similar.  Mine was geared toward
importing a folder of SVG icons.

There's also a copy on my web site that includes a whole bunch of icons:
https://milby.us/lc/SvgIconTool.180114-1700.zip

Most of the icons came from:
https://github.com/leungwensen/svg-icon

Thanks,
Brian

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Devin Asay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good idea. Done.
>
> I also added my SVG Icon Picker stack.
>
> DNA
>
> On Mar 14, 2018, at 4:29 PM, hh via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks. Please put this on "Sample Stacks" (there are more visitors there).

> Devin Asay
> Director
> Office of Digital Humanities
> Brigham Young University

Re: LC 9 and Icon Families

dunbarx via use-livecode
@Brian
Please add your tool also to "Sample Stacks".
This was reworked in the last year and works really fine here.
And it is *very* fast for searching and downloading a stack.

Such wonderful stacks go (somehow) lost in the list or the forum.

Re: LC 9 and Icon Families

dunbarx via use-livecode
I finally got around to setting up an account and uploaded my tool. It
works pretty good as a plugin, but I need to top level it once per session
for the navigation to work (grid card).

Thanks,
Brian