LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

John Dixon
Are there any liveCode users within the above triangle  in the UK ?

RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

John Dixon
mmm... let's extend the area a little then... Are there any liveCode users in the South-West of England ?

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle
> Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:41:55 +0100
>
> Are there any liveCode users within the above triangle  in the UK ?

RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

Peter Alcibiades
Know of one who hopes shortly to be in Truro.

Peter

RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

John Dixon
Well, I suppose it's a start !...LOL

> Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 02:36:04 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle
>
> Know of one who hopes shortly to be in Truro.
>
> Peter

RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

Dave Kilroy
Hi John & Peter

Yes! I'm based in Plymouth

Dave

Peter M. Brigham

RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

John Dixon
Hi Dave...

Thanks for your post to the liveCode use-list… I was hoping that there might be a fair number of LC users in the South-West area so that perhaps we could have organised to have a meeting every couple of months, but it seems we are very thin on the ground…:-)

Still, with the arrival of the community edition, you never know... things might change…

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:58:34 +0100
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Hi John & Peter
>
> Yes! I'm based in Plymouth
>
> Dave
>
> > Know of one who hopes shortly to be in Truro.
> >
> >> mmm... let's extend the area a little then... Are there any liveCode users in the South-West of England ?

Re: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

Peter Haworth
Seems like every time there's a post like this, it doesn't turn up many
users in a specific geographical area.  So where are all the users?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM, John Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dave...
>
> Thanks for your post to the liveCode use-list… I was hoping that there
> might be a fair number of LC users in the South-West area so that perhaps
> we could have organised to have a meeting every couple of months, but it
> seems we are very thin on the ground…:-)
>
> Still, with the arrival of the community edition, you never know... things
> might change…
>

> > From: [hidden email]
> > Subject: RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle
> > Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:58:34 +0100
> > To: [hidden email]
> >
> > Hi John & Peter
> >
> > Yes! I'm based in Plymouth
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > > Know of one who hopes shortly to be in Truro.

> users in the South-West of England ?

Re: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

pmbrig
On May 31, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Seems like every time there's a post like this, it doesn't turn up many
> users in a specific geographical area.  So where are all the users?

On Venus, 2+K years in the future?

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
[hidden email]
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig

Re: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

Björnke von Gierke
They're not on mailing lists or forums, instead they're slaving away on their code :)

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/

Re: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

J. Landman Gay
On 5/31/13 11:30 AM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> On May 31, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
>> Seems like every time there's a post like this, it doesn't turn up many
>> users in a specific geographical area.  So where are all the users?
>
> On Venus, 2+K years in the future?

Yup, and they are HOT.

Anyone remember where that Google map of users is that we made a long
time ago? New people should add themselves to it.

RE: LC Users - in the Bristol, Southhampton,Taunton triangle

Dave Kilroy
Dear John & Pete ... all other lurking LiveCoders in South West UK ... and others who have started up LiveCode User Groups

Hmm I'm rather of the view that "if we build it they will come" - and if we would like a LiveCode meeting every couple of months (I know I would) we had better organise it ourselves.

So how about it? Shall we organise something ourselves?

It might not work and be a complete disaster - but it might work and be great!

Who can offer advice (especially from other user groups) and who is interested in taking part in trying to get something off the ground?

Kind regards

Dave

John Dixon wrote