LC and OneSignal

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hello Dan !

Could you implement it via API onesignal?

pushNotificationRegistered  in livecode

and

 post  like https://documentation.onesignal.com/reference#add-a-device ?

best regard

Jose Montero

Re: LC and OneSignal

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Folks:
Implementing onesignal push notification in an app sounds very useful to me for an emergency alert system I’m developing for my local community (for free). I can see that a lot of the implementation, for me, will take a lot of head scratching and a large time commitment for me to implement with unfamiliar API’s. If anyone has a skeleton implementation they would be willing to share, I would be very grateful.’

As an aside, I noticed that the free service means you are sharing your user data with them. You pay if you want it private.

Best,
Bill

> On Aug 30, 2017, at 9:03 PM, Jose Enrique Montero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Dan !
>

> Could you implement it via API onesignal?
>
> pushNotificationRegistered  in livecode
>
> and
>
> post  like https://documentation.onesignal.com/reference#add-a-device ?
>

> best regard
>
> Jose Montero

Re: LC and OneSignal

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Bill,

Augmented Earth includes in-app messaging. I am going to share the code before my presentation on September 21. I could also directly share the database code with you.

It seems that you are not looking to set up a server, but if you go that way, you are welcome to use my code.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 31, 2017, at 12:10 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks:
> Implementing onesignal push notification in an app sounds very useful to me for an emergency alert system I’m developing for my local community (for free). I can see that a lot of the implementation, for me, will take a lot of head scratching and a large time commitment for me to implement with unfamiliar API’s. If anyone has a skeleton implementation they would be willing to share, I would be very grateful.’
>
> As an aside, I noticed that the free service means you are sharing your user data with them. You pay if you want it private.
>
> Best,
> Bill
>
>> On Aug 30, 2017, at 9:03 PM, Jose Enrique Montero via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Dan !
>>

>> Could you implement it via API onesignal?
>>
>> pushNotificationRegistered  in livecode
>>
>> and
>>
>> post  like https://documentation.onesignal.com/reference#add-a-device ?
>>

>> best regard
>>
>> Jose Montero

Re: LC and OneSignal

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Jonathon:
Thanks for the offer. I’m trying to prioritize my effort on this free, but important app, and don’t want to spend the effort to set up a server. One thing I realized that the text messaging app (on iOS at least) does do a notification when a message comes in. That may be enough for my needs. I am thinking about specific notifications to my app, though.

Best,
Bill