LCB Foreign LC9.0.0

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Working with LCB - trying to load in external code.

What is the proper directory structure that it needs to be in?

I have it working on a windows comp - I can bulid the LCB and return data
from calls in the external dll.

Here is the directory structure:

CVTTest\

                xx.lcb

                xx.livecode

                code\

                                x86-win32\

                                                xx.dll

Now I am trying to work with an ios external.  I have a static lib - xx.a
and a headers folder as well as a xx.framework folder.  I have no idea where
to put these items.

Do I need to use staic and not the framework on ios?  Do I include the
headers folder or just the xx.a file?

CVTTest\

                xx.lcb

                xx.livecode

                code

                                ??????

Thank you for your assistance!

Re: LCB Foreign LC9.0.0

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Hi Kevin

The code folder conform to the platform id spec. https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/docs/development/platform-id.md <https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/docs/development/platform-id.md>

For iOS it will likely be universal-ios presuming you have universal binaries and don’t have separate builds for each sdk. In iOS 8+ there is such a thing as a dynamic framework which may be why your library comes as a lib and a framework. There are also lots of libraries delivered as static frameworks which are just a hack to make delivery easier. Dropping any of these inside the code/universal-ios folder should work.

If the iOS library requires linker dependencies a text file
(`.txt`) may be included to list them in the form:

    {library | [weak-]framework} <name>

Note that if you only have a static library then as we don’t do static linking of our simulator builds it won’t work there.

> On 30 Jun 2018, at 6:15 am, Kevin Bergman via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now I am trying to work with an ios external.  I have a static lib - xx.a
> and a headers folder as well as a xx.framework folder.  I have no idea where
> to put these items.
>
> Do I need to use staic and not the framework on ios?  Do I include the
> headers folder or just the xx.a file?
>

> CVTTest\
>
>                xx.lcb
>
>                xx.livecode
>
>                code
>
>                                ??????

RE: LCB Foreign LC9.0.0

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Monte,

Thank you!  And more questions 😊

I had read through the docs and I have tried the ios-universal folder - but I probably have the incorrect files in side of it.
I am working with the WowazaGoCoder api and I am not familiar with ios/mac file extensions and even more confused by the .framework directory

If the framework contains a dynamic library ( not 100% sure it does - but they have a framework directory and a wowza_gocoder_staticlib directory.. so guessing the framework is not static ) what would I copy into the /code/universal-ios/ directory?  The entire framework directory?

Example:

/code/universal-ios/WowzaGoCoderSDK.framework/

Of which the WowzaGoCoderSDK.framework/ contains:
        /_CodeSignature/CodeResources --- no file extension but is an xml file
        /Headers/*.h - all the header files
        /Modules/module.modulemap
        /Info.plist
        /strip-frameworks.sh
        /WowzaGoCodersdk ---- this has no file extension at all

And is there any place I can look in what Livecode builds into the build directory to see if it copied over the library?  On the windows build there is a resources directory - and this was populated with the .dll.