LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Looking for suggestions for sessions for LCG, whether advanced, beginner,
or somewhere in between

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
me too. :)

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking for suggestions for sessions for LCG, whether advanced, beginner,
> or somewhere in between

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Too bad, I beat you to it.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> me too. :)
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Looking for suggestions for sessions for LCG, whether advanced, beginner,
> > or somewhere in between
> >
> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >    and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
lol......

thinking about studying animation and doing something with that.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Too bad, I beat you to it.
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > me too. :)
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Looking for suggestions for sessions for LCG, whether advanced,
> beginner,
> > > or somewhere in between
> > >
> > > --
> > > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> > >    and did a little diving.
> > > And God said, "This is good."

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
here is an idea for you ...3D shapes? ....

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> lol......
>
> thinking about studying animation and doing something with that.
>

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Too bad, I beat you to it.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > me too. :)

>> beginner,

>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>    and did a little diving.
>> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Nope.  You can have that.  Have fun.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> here is an idea for you ...3D shapes? ....
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > lol......
> >
> > thinking about studying animation and doing something with that.
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Too bad, I beat you to it.

> >> beginner,

> >> --
> >> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> >> On the second day, God created the oceans.
> >> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >>    and did a little diving.
> >> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
haahaha.....  i would do it in the future ...but for this may i need
something less intense ....busy time for me. .... last time i picked
something that would actually be R & D for actual projects..... kinda ran
out of those though.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nope.  You can have that.  Have fun.
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > here is an idea for you ...3D shapes? ....
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > lol......
> > >
> > > thinking about studying animation and doing something with that.

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
There is still a great need for Widgets tutorials.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> haahaha.....  i would do it in the future ...but for this may i need
> something less intense ....busy time for me. .... last time i picked
> something that would actually be R & D for actual projects..... kinda ran
> out of those though.
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Nope.  You can have that.  Have fun.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > here is an idea for you ...3D shapes? ....

>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>    and did a little diving.
>> And God said, "This is good."

Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I want to give users options for capturing anonymised cards, and wondered about blurring text - maybe by overlaying a graphic of the text and blurring that?

There is an LC tutorial about blurring images <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/26580-vision-how-do-i-blur-an-image>, but it seems complex for simply blurring names and addresses in a couple of fields.

Any suggestions?

Best Wishes,
David Glasgow

 <http://www.i-psych.co.uk/>

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Why not just hide the fields in question before exporting the snapshots and then showing them after the export is done? This way you do not have to work with the exported image.

Regards
Tore Nilsen

> 29. mar. 2018 kl. 17:35 skrev David V Glasgow via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> I want to give users options for capturing anonymised cards, and wondered about blurring text - maybe by overlaying a graphic of the text and blurring that?
>
> There is an LC tutorial about blurring images <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/26580-vision-how-do-i-blur-an-image>, but it seems complex for simply blurring names and addresses in a couple of fields.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Best Wishes,
> David Glasgow
>

> <http://www.i-psych.co.uk/>

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
You could set the imagesource of the characters into the field, take the
snapshot,  then "set the text of field "whatever" to the text of field
"whatever" to revert.
Did a quicky test, and it seems to work well enough.
local simageOn
on mouseup
lock screen
   if sImageOn is empty then put false into sImageOn
   if sImageOn then
      set the text of field 1 to the text of field 1
      put false into sImageOn
   else
      repeat with i = 1 to the number of chars in field 1
         set the imagesource of char i of field 1 to 1008
      end repeat
      put true into sImageOn
   end if
unlock screen
end mouseup

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why not just hide the fields in question before exporting the snapshots
> and then showing them after the export is done? This way you do not have to
> work with the exported image.
>
> Regards
> Tore Nilsen
>
> > 29. mar. 2018 kl. 17:35 skrev David V Glasgow via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > I want to give users options for capturing anonymised cards, and
> wondered about blurring text - maybe by overlaying a graphic of the text
> and blurring that?
> >
> > There is an LC tutorial about blurring images <
> http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/26580-vision-how-do-i-blur-an-image>,
> but it seems complex for simply blurring names and addresses in a couple of
> fields.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >

> > Best Wishes,
> > David Glasgow
> >

> > <http://www.i-psych.co.uk/>

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
That tutorial is a bit outdated now that there is a “blur” command, introduced in LC 8.0, it’s quicker and easier to use.

Paul

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 8:35 AM, David V Glasgow via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I want to give users options for capturing anonymised cards, and wondered about blurring text - maybe by overlaying a graphic of the text and blurring that?
>
> There is an LC tutorial about blurring images <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/26580-vision-how-do-i-blur-an-image>, but it seems complex for simply blurring names and addresses in a couple of fields.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Best Wishes,
> David Glasgow
>

> <http://www.i-psych.co.uk/>

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Mike

Two very  useful sessions (for me anyway) and the ones that would produce
code that everyone can use when we share the results is using
 FFI for  Android/Java , Windows and IOS No  3 sessions Android/Java,
Windows and IOS and Linux No 4 ...... nobody expects the Spanish
Inquisition ...

All joking apart for me at the moment in Order Android and Windows FFI
would be be the most useful - for two reason.

On the Android front I want to encapsulate the Java SDK calls for Star or
Epson Bluetooth Receipt printers and maybe get this Eddyston/Beacons show
on the road(I think others on this list might agree that would be awesome).

To save time here is a library for B4J (its the java version and it is
totally free - for commercial use as well), I have   B4A (and B4 for IOSI)
if Livecode can't do it but the "designer" if you can call it that leaves a
lot to be desired. I would love to be able to code my lowlevel stuff in B4A
(it's closer to the metal) but use Livecode for the GUI stuff.

Now if we had a way of encapsulation Python code ........ Ali/Mark over to
you?

Another  session would be how to encapsulate Windows DLLs using FFI - so
many libraries for different languages  that we could use as is.

Regards Lagi

On 28 March 2018 at 14:36, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking for suggestions for sessions for LCG, whether advanced, beginner,
> or somewhere in between

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Oops forgot the link to the B4J library

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sd-bluetooth-printer.85750/

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking for suggestions for sessions for LCG, whether advanced, beginner,
> or somewhere in between

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Why do you want to blur text?  I can’t stand blurry things, they always
make me think there is something wrong with my eyes!
(Unless of course that is the purpose of the blurry text.)  ;-)

Rick

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 11:35 AM, David V Glasgow via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I want to give users options for capturing anonymised cards, and wondered about blurring text - maybe by overlaying a graphic of the text and blurring that?

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode

> On 29 Mar 2018, at 5:44 pm, Paul Hibbert via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That tutorial is a bit outdated now that there is a “blur” command, introduced in LC 8.0, it’s quicker and easier to use.
>
> Paul

Ah! Thank you, Paul.  That’s good to know.  I am a bit Richmondesque in my attachment to older versions of LC, so I have only played a little with LC 8

To those asking why I would want to do this, the answer is to hide clinically sensitive information whilst making it clear that the field is completed.  It means that clinicians can generate an anonymised snapshot of the screen to use in presentations/clinical supervision.  Its a technique routinely used in walkthroughs or screencasts of clinical information displayed on screen.  There was a rather nice implementation in the ScreenSteps app from Blue Mango .

Thanks and best wishes,

David G

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
If blurring turns out to be too problematic you might consider just replacing text with bullets or Lorem Ipsum.

--
Scott Morrow

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 1:41 PM, David V Glasgow via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 29 Mar 2018, at 5:44 pm, Paul Hibbert via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> That tutorial is a bit outdated now that there is a “blur” command, introduced in LC 8.0, it’s quicker and easier to use.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Ah! Thank you, Paul.  That’s good to know.  I am a bit Richmondesque in my attachment to older versions of LC, so I have only played a little with LC 8
>
> To those asking why I would want to do this, the answer is to hide clinically sensitive information whilst making it clear that the field is completed.  It means that clinicians can generate an anonymised snapshot of the screen to use in presentations/clinical supervision.  Its a technique routinely used in walkthroughs or screencasts of clinical information displayed on screen.  There was a rather nice implementation in the ScreenSteps app from Blue Mango .
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> David G

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
You could also make up bogus text data to show instead of using real data.

Rick

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 11:48 PM, scott--- via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If blurring turns out to be too problematic you might consider just replacing text with bullets or Lorem Ipsum.
>
> --
> Scott Morrow

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Or make a generic "blur" image in a graphics program and overlay it on the
fields when needed.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
On March 30, 2018 9:07:48 AM Rick Harrison via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You could also make up bogus text data to show instead of using real data.
>
> Rick
>
> > On Mar 29, 2018, at 11:48 PM, scott--- via use-livecode
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > If blurring turns out to be too problematic you might consider just
> replacing text with bullets or Lorem Ipsum.
> >
> > --
> > Scott Morrow

Re: Blurring field contents

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Or cover the hidden fields with graphics of daisies. :-)

Bob S