LIC 9.0.1 Stable Redraw Problem

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi All,

I’ve begun the task of updating my iOS apps to work with iOS12 and have run into a problem.

I use “disable buttons” a lot. And, every time it is invoked… in multiple apps… the buttons set to disabled disappear. It doesn’t matter if the disabled icon is set or left at zero.

I only see this issue on a device or in the simulator. Everything looks fine in the IDE.

Anyone else use “disable” and can check it out with your setup?

I’m using LC 9.0.1 Stable; Xcode 9.2 and MacOS 10.12.6

I’ve not tried to create a stack from scratch to check on this issue, but I’ve seen it in 3 out of 3 apps that I’ve begun to update.

be well,
randy
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

Re: LIC 9.0.1 Stable Redraw Problem

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hello Randy,

I just tested on iOS 11.4 simulator and I cannot reproduce this problem.
Could you file a bug report and attach a simple stack that demonstrates the
problem? If it is a bug we will try to fix it in the upcoming 9.0.2 rc1.

BTW, which version of LC did you use to build these apps, before updating
them with LC 9.0.1?

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 3:24 PM Randy Hengst via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I’ve begun the task of updating my iOS apps to work with iOS12 and have
> run into a problem.
>
> I use “disable buttons” a lot. And, every time it is invoked… in multiple
> apps… the buttons set to disabled disappear. It doesn’t matter if the
> disabled icon is set or left at zero.
>
> I only see this issue on a device or in the simulator. Everything looks
> fine in the IDE.
>
> Anyone else use “disable” and can check it out with your setup?
>
> I’m using LC 9.0.1 Stable; Xcode 9.2 and MacOS 10.12.6
>
> I’ve not tried to create a stack from scratch to check on this issue, but
> I’ve seen it in 3 out of 3 apps that I’ve begun to update.
>
> be well,
> randy
> www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

RE: LIC 9.0.1 Stable Redraw Problem

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Randy,

I had the same problem(see QCC 21558). I was hammered this week and have not yet submitted a test stack. I was disabling controls AND setting the blendlevel. The buttons and fields reappeared when I commented out changing the blendlevel and only do a "set the disabled of button mybtn to true". It's something to do with the blendlevel, but A small test stack does not demonstrate the bug. I will try to make a small test stack but may have to submit my entire stack to Panos.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]