Quantcast

LIvecode quit unexpectedly errors.

Sorry, I should know this .... but I guess I've been very lucky so far :-)

I have just started (first time in 12 years or so of using LC/Rev)
getting crashes.

How do I report these ? Obviously, open a bug in QCC - but what file(s)
do I need to include to help find the problem ?

Thanks

Alex

Re: LIvecode quit unexpectedly errors.

Is it a new installation?

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 3, 2017, at 8:10 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Sorry, I should know this .... but I guess I've been very lucky so far :-)
>
> I have just started (first time in 12 years or so of using LC/Rev) getting crashes.
>
> How do I report these ? Obviously, open a bug in QCC - but what file(s) do I need to include to help find the problem ?
>

> Thanks
>
> Alex

Re: LIvecode quit unexpectedly errors.

If you are getting a crash on Mac then including the crash log is very helpful as we can symbolicate them and often see exactly where the crash is. A reliable recipe (preferably a stack that causes the crash) so we can replicate it under a debugger is also a huge help. Often without one or both of these it is hard for us to investigate. Either way Panos will ask for more info if he needs it ;-)

Cheers

Monte

On 04/05/2017 01:27, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode wrote:
> Is it a new installation?

No, it's 9.0.0DP6 which I've had installed and in use for a while.

It's a new-ish stack that I'm having trouble with - but sadly not
reliably or reproducably or even vaguely predictably.

I'll send in a crash log as Monte asked - now that I've google'd it and
know where to find them :-)
Bug 19653

Thanks
Alex.

Re: LIvecode quit unexpectedly errors.

I've had the same problem with 9.0dp6, unexpected crashes, sometimes a
whole string of them, also not reliably or reproducably or predictably.

It may be just coincidence, but when I told the firewall to deny LC it
seemed to get a little better. (I'm still getting asked about remote access
on every launch.) After extended use something starts failing, always
different each time, and if I continue anyway it will eventually crash.
Sometimes menu keyboard shortcuts stop working, yesterday the message box
refused to respond. Last week just clicking the Messages icon in the
toolbar crashed LC five times in a row, today it works fine.

If I could reproduce it reliably I'd report it. I've learned that when a
normal action fails I need to save everything and restart.