Learning about server

RunRevPlanet
Hi,

I too love what can be done in LiveCode server.

I have been busy working on a Web App development tool based around LiveCode
Community Server for the past months.

I hope to have the Beta up and running soon. It is called "The LiveCode Lab" and
I will be sure to post an announcement about it when ready.

If you want to have a peek at what it looks like, there is an image here:

http://downloadbranch.com/the-livecode-lab-app-manager-beta.png

Cheers,
--
Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"

Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
www.runrevplanet.com

Re: Learning about server

Stephen Barncard-4
On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM, RunRevPlanet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I too love what can be done in LiveCode server.
>
> I have been busy working on a Web App development tool based around
> LiveCode
> Community Server for the past months.

Thanks for doing this!
 We need more server activity. IMHO its the coolest thing ... and currently
one of my favorite uses of Livecode in building media media presentation
systems. It's strictly bare bones admin (text settings files and
self-building scripts using folder content info) and have built an
audio/video player, a directory 'player', a photo gallery player (since we
have more access to graphic controls in new versions), and a 'download
player'. All are short redirect files in folders that "includes" a master
.rev file in a library to do the work, but acts and addresses as though is
operating in the local folder .  Kinda like behaviors.

 I've been integrating Bootstrap UIs, as often front end stuff can be a
major time suck of building a web app, when really most of us would rather
build from pre-tested components like we do with the desktop version, then
make it prettier or more useful. It's comforting knowing that the BS parts
are all designed to work with all modern browsers, INCLUDING IE, the
biggest pain. Someday some bright Livecoder will build a drag and drop
interface for writing  Bootstrap web pages, I'm sure. It's mostly
boilerplate. And it looks great.

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*

Re: Learning about server

John Craig-4
That looks like a pretty cool project ;)

On 30/06/2014 04:04, RunRevPlanet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I too love what can be done in LiveCode server.
>
> I have been busy working on a Web App development tool based around LiveCode
> Community Server for the past months.
>
> I hope to have the Beta up and running soon. It is called "The LiveCode Lab" and
> I will be sure to post an announcement about it when ready.
>
> If you want to have a peek at what it looks like, there is an image here:
>
> http://downloadbranch.com/the-livecode-lab-app-manager-beta.png
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Scott McDonald
> "Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
> www.runrevplanet.com

Re: Learning about server

AndyP
I've just completed a simple web booking demo using the server and javascript.

http://2108.co.uk/bookmarkme/

Please note the site is a WIP but the bookmark system is fully working

All files are available as a Zip.
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode