Let's go mental

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Yes, Let's: after all it is the anniversary of the "triumph" of
Communism in Bulgaria.

Um . . .

So, there I am, as usual, on a Sunday, popping together a well simple
stack with LiveCode 7.1.4 for the
tinies (5-7 years old) to practice writing "The monster has one eye",
because, as one knows, it is
absolutely mission-critical in life to be able to make that sort of
statement about monsters when you see them coming.

Hey-Ho. . . to navigation buttons . . .

So, on card 1 I have an arrow-shaped image containing this, very complex
code:

on mouseUp
go next
end mouseUp

which has stood me in good stead for the better part of 25 years (pace
HyperCard).

So; when the thing threw a "bluey":

          executing at 8:34:32 PM
Type    Handler: error in statement
Object    AR.png
Line    go next
Hint    mouseUp

I felt both "blue" and "cluded" . . .

Re: Let's go mental

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
OK, OK; here's "Ole Cheesey-feet" replying to his own message, just for
a change:

When I changed something in the preOpenCard code that the navigation
"button" was going 'next' to it behaved itself.

This is UTTER RUBBISH as a newby is really extremely unlikely to work
out that when the
IDE throws an error code supposedly about something the fault is
actually somewhere else.

This needs sorting out.

Richmond.