Levure wiki / documentation

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I've got as far as building my app with within the framework, and
reading much of the docs.

I've found some things that I believe should change in the wiki - both

  - just obvious bugs / typos / cleanup

and

  - things I think I know how to correct, but not 100% sure, and would
like confirmation to be sure I am understanding properly.

As a git/github newbie - how do I go about suggesting changes to the docs ?

Thanks

Alex.

Re: Levure wiki / documentation

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Alex,

I am not Trevor so he may suggest something different but usually when
dealing with github hosted projects, we use the issue system available on
each repository. Ideally, you submit a new issue per "thing" instead of
doing a single new issue with many things inside.

Cheers
andre

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: Levure wiki / documentation

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Contributing to a GitHub wiki is probably not your best introduction to git if the wiki is restricted to collaborators only and you aren’t one so I would just open issues at this stage if I were you.

Cheers

Monte

What Andre said. Here is the link to the issue page:

https://github.com/trevordevore/levure/issues

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps

And what Monte said too :-)

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Contributing to a GitHub wiki is probably not your best introduction to
> git if the wiki is restricted to collaborators only and you aren’t one so I
> would just open issues at this stage if I were you.
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte
>
> > On 27 Jun 2017, at 9:13 am, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I've got as far as building my app with within the framework, and
> reading much of the docs.
> >
> > I've found some things that I believe should change in the wiki - both
> >
> > - just obvious bugs / typos / cleanup
> >
> > and
> >
> > - things I think I know how to correct, but not 100% sure, and would
> like confirmation to be sure I am understanding properly.
> >
> > As a git/github newbie - how do I go about suggesting changes to the
> docs ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Alex.

Re: Levure wiki / documentation

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Andre how do we get your book(s) somebody on here posted that he had the
book that is still showing 80% done on leanpub

KIndest Regards Lagi

On 27 June 2017 at 00:20, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I am not Trevor so he may suggest something different but usually when
> dealing with github hosted projects, we use the issue system available on
> each repository. Ideally, you submit a new issue per "thing" instead of
> doing a single new issue with many things inside.
>
> Cheers
> andre
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've got as far as building my app with within the framework, and reading
> > much of the docs.
> >
> > I've found some things that I believe should change in the wiki - both
> >
> >  - just obvious bugs / typos / cleanup
> >
> > and
> >
> >  - things I think I know how to correct, but not 100% sure, and would
> like
> > confirmation to be sure I am understanding properly.
> >
> > As a git/github newbie - how do I go about suggesting changes to the
> docs ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Alex.

> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: Levure wiki / documentation

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hi Lagi,

Actually, I am reworking the material into an online course, should launch
as a beta shortly. Doing it online allows me to iterate the material and
offer more compelling content than using the old system.

:D

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andre how do we get your book(s) somebody on here posted that he had the
> book that is still showing 80% done on leanpub
>
> KIndest Regards Lagi
>
> On 27 June 2017 at 00:20, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Alex,
> >
> > I am not Trevor so he may suggest something different but usually when
> > dealing with github hosted projects, we use the issue system available on
> > each repository. Ideally, you submit a new issue per "thing" instead of
> > doing a single new issue with many things inside.
> >
> > Cheers
> > andre
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I've got as far as building my app with within the framework, and
> reading
> > > much of the docs.
> > >
> > > I've found some things that I believe should change in the wiki - both
> > >
> > >  - just obvious bugs / typos / cleanup
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > >  - things I think I know how to correct, but not 100% sure, and would
> > like
> > > confirmation to be sure I am understanding properly.
> > >
> > > As a git/github newbie - how do I go about suggesting changes to the
> > docs ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Alex.

> > --
> > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: Levure wiki / documentation

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
It is talking longer than I wanted because I am building the whole system
and that takes time :-)

I should have just signed up for a teachable account but I wanted to own
the system, so, right now I am finishing the content and infrastructure.