Linking fields

Ted Mills
Does anyone know if it is possible to use a set or put statement to place a
fields text into another field? Also is this possible from another card. I
have a combo box that sets the text of a field to a certain value and I need
a field on another card to show that same value but I am not having any luck
finding the answer within the help.

Re: Linking fields

Devin Asay

On Nov 15, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Ted Mills wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a set or put statement to
> place a
> fields text into another field? Also is this possible from another
> card. I
> have a combo box that sets the text of a field to a certain value
> and I need
> a field on another card to show that same value but I am not having
> any luck
> finding the answer within the help.

Ted,

You just have to include the card reference when referring to the field:

   put the label of btn "myComboBox" into fld "fldOnOtherCard" of
card "otherCard"

This should do what you need.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University

RE: Linking fields

MisterX
Something like

put field 3 of card 1 into field "total" of card 2

cheers
Xavier

Andre.Bisseret

Le 15 nov. 06 à 17:57, Ted Mills a écrit :

> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a set or put statement to
> place a
> fields text into another field?
put field "thisField" into fleld "thatField"
or
set the text of fld "thatField" to fld "thisField"

> Also is this possible from another card. I
> have a combo box that sets the text of a field to a certain value
> and I need
> a field on another card to show that same value but I am not having
> any luck
> finding the answer within the help.
put fld "thisField" into fld "thatField of cd 2
or
set the text of fld "thatField" of cd 2 to fld "thisField"

Best regards from Grenoble
André_______________________________________________

Re: Linking Fields

Ted Mills
In the example submitted in my last question about linking fields from card
to card:

put fld "thisField" into fld "thatField of cd 2
or
set the text of fld "thatField" of cd 2 to fld "thisField"

In this example data is being placed in a field on cd 2, I would like to go
the other way (data from card 2 to be used on card 1) Would the code below
work or is there a better way?

put fld of cd 2 "thatField" into fld of cd1 "thisField"
or
set the text of cd 1 "thisField" to cd 2 fld "thatField"

Thanks,
Ted

Re: Linking Fields

Devin Asay

On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Ted Mills wrote:

> In the example submitted in my last question about linking fields
> from card
> to card:
>
> put fld "thisField" into fld "thatField of cd 2
> or
> set the text of fld "thatField" of cd 2 to fld "thisField"
>
> In this example data is being placed in a field on cd 2, I would
> like to go
> the other way (data from card 2 to be used on card 1) Would the
> code below
> work or is there a better way?

Almost. Try this insteaad...

> put fld of cd 2 "thatField" into fld of cd1 "thisField"
> or
> set the text of cd 1 "thisField" to cd 2 fld "thatField"

put fld "thatField" of cd 2 into fld "thisField" of cd 1
or
set the text of fld "thisField" of cd 1 to the text of fld
"thatField" of cd 2

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University