Linux 32-bit?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Do we need to maintain a 32-bit build for Linux?

I've noticed a lot of distros seems to have dropped 32-bit support some
time ago.

I don't have an opinion one way or another, and if we truly need it we
need it.  But if we don't need it's nice to let unneeded parts of the
build system go away.

Re: Linux 32-bit?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Shhhh! Richmond may be listening!

Bob S

> On Mar 14, 2018, at 13:11 , Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Do we need to maintain a 32-bit build for Linux?
>
> I've noticed a lot of distros seems to have dropped 32-bit support some
> time ago.
>
> I don't have an opinion one way or another, and if we truly need it we
> need it.  But if we don't need it's nice to let unneeded parts of the
> build system go away.
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Re: Linux 32-bit?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Well, I, for one, deploy my English as a Foreign Language content
programs to both 32 and 64 bit machines
running Linux: but as they are all made with 8.1.8 or earlier this is
NOT a reason to keep 32 bit versions for LiveCode 9.

Richmond.

On 14/3/2018 10:11 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Do we need to maintain a 32-bit build for Linux?
>
> I've noticed a lot of distros seems to have dropped 32-bit support
> some time ago.
>
> I don't have an opinion one way or another, and if we truly need it we
> need it.  But if we don't need it's nice to let unneeded parts of the
> build system go away.

Re: Linux 32-bit?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I am.