Linux Screen Resolution

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hello,

I just got a new Ubuntu system and after installing Livecode the app
interface is tiny.

My screen resolution is 4K and all the other Ubuntu apps (libre office,
firefox etc) appear normal in size?

Is there a way I can change Livecode's appearance so it is useable?

thanks,

Glen

Re: Linux Screen Resolution

On 6/13/18 6:37 AM, Glen Bojsza via use-livecode wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a new Ubuntu system and after installing Livecode the app
> interface is tiny.
>
> My screen resolution is 4K and all the other Ubuntu apps (libre office,
> firefox etc) appear normal in size?
>
> Is there a way I can change Livecode's appearance so it is useable?

Try setting the pixelScale to 2. LC is supposed to do that automatically
on startup though. What does "put the screenPixelScale" return?

Re: Linux Screen Resolution

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
"put the screenPixelScale" returns 1

set the pixelScale to 2      gives an error that the pixelScale property
cannot be set on this platform

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 3:34 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/13/18 6:37 AM, Glen Bojsza via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just got a new Ubuntu system and after installing Livecode the app
>> interface is tiny.
>>
>> My screen resolution is 4K and all the other Ubuntu apps (libre office,
>> firefox etc) appear normal in size?
>>
>> Is there a way I can change Livecode's appearance so it is useable?
>>

> Try setting the pixelScale to 2. LC is supposed to do that automatically
> on startup though. What does "put the screenPixelScale" return?

Re: Linux Screen Resolution

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Glen

Yes our linux engine does not support pixel scaling on high dpi screens. From the looks of things we could feasibly read the environment variable `GDK_SCALE` and if set use it. Is it set for you? I have only had the briefest look at this though so there may be things I haven’t considered. Feel free to report this.

Cheers

Monte