Linux and RR: starting the ball rolling

Richmond Mathewson
Bill Marriott: Fantastic!

I work with machines using Ubuntu 5.04 - I would like
to change over to Xubuntu 6.10 but cannot because my
stacks can only work with AIFF, AU or WAV files: none
of which sit very comfortably on -buntu 6.10 (the only
reason I cling to 5.04 is that it allows me to play
external AIFF files.

So, could the set of sound formats that RR can play be
expanded?

OGG, Flac, Speex for starters ???

And, of course, the ability to play videoClips "out of
the box" under Linux.

that would make me pay the money for 2.7.5 double
quick!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Its time to do Philosophy and stop worrying about what dead men said."
                                                                                           Mathewson 2006

the solution to the non-working menushortcuts... (how to hack the ide anyone?)

MisterX
intrigued that my HotKeyNO2 frontscripts were not getting the message, or
hit with these controlkeydown events, I started to poke at the rev
frontscript, backscripts...

This is a typical missing pass statement in a library...

Open the msg box and click on the frontscript button, click on show rev GUI
checkbox.

Doubleclick on the revfrontscript...

Delete the third line that shouldn't be there.

find the menupick handler...

do this little edit...
  --if not gREVSuppressMessages or (gREVSuppressMessages and revOKTarget())
then
   pass menuPick

do the same for rawkeydown, controlkeydown, commandkeydown, and where
applicable...

Things should work much better...

I don't know what this will do for the ide though. I just like to play with
fire sometimes...

What I did notice though is that the global gREVSuppressMessages is not in
use according to the variable watcher... Maybe I need to use the message
watcher for it to appear... But after a few tries, the global doesn't appear
at all.

Copy and paste seems to work better! Undo doesn't still. The script editor's
menu shortcuts remain cripled but copy paste works again!

A forthcoming utility may help find the culprit. It may be the engine, but
doubtful as the menu does work when you call it...

cheers
Xavier

Re: Linux and RR: starting the ball rolling

William Marriott
Richmond,

So, could the set of sound formats that RR can play be
expanded?
<<<

Bugzilla--> Feature Request/Enhancement