ListMagic still available?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I hesitate to ask but, I found a demo of ListMagic I'd like to use but it won't run and I'd like to purchase it. Is it still available? It was published by SoSmartSoftware, but that web site no longer exists.

Re: ListMagic still available?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Eric Chatonet, the author of ListMagic, passed away in January 2009. Jim Bufalini, a business partner of Eric, if i remember right, sold and supported the product for some time to support Eric´s family.

But i am afraid it is not sold anymore. The last post of Jim Bufalini to this list was 2010.

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 24.06.2017 um 00:43 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> I hesitate to ask but, I found a demo of ListMagic I'd like to use but it won't run and I'd like to purchase it. Is it still available? It was published by SoSmartSoftware, but that web site no longer exists.

Re: ListMagic still available?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Thanks Matthias. I was hoping someone picked it up. It really is a nice piece of work. I will research to see if Jim is still able to be contacted.

Bob S

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 16:26 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Eric Chatonet, the author of ListMagic, passed away in January 2009. Jim Bufalini, a business partner of Eric, if i remember right, sold and supported the product for some time to support Eric´s family.
>
> But i am afraid it is not sold anymore. The last post of Jim Bufalini to this list was 2010.
>
> Matthias
>

> Matthias Rebbe
> +49 5741 310000
> ‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

Re: ListMagic still available?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
It does not appear that developer's email addresses are visible from livecodeshare.runrev.com. Might be an issue with the web page or maybe some devs opt not to post it.

Bob S

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 16:50 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Matthias. I was hoping someone picked it up. It really is a nice piece of work. I will research to see if Jim is still able to be contacted.

Re: ListMagic still available?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
> Thanks Matthias. I was hoping someone picked it up. It really is a nice piece of work. I will research to see if Jim is still able to be contacted.

Unfortunately, Jim is also not with us.

Re: ListMagic still available?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I managed to get in touch with Eric’s son at the time and offered to
support and develop it further, but nothing came out of it, so consider
ListMagic a history.