LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Benjamin Beaumont
Dear list members,

We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.

Release Contents

LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8 Support.
For full details of the changes please see the release notes.

Getting the release
You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Mike Kerner
ben,
I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything - if
the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing happens.
I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past that.
Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.
>
> Release Contents
>
> LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8 Support.
> For full details of the changes please see the release notes.
>
> Getting the release
> You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
> menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>
> Warm regards,
>
> The LiveCode Team

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Mike Kerner
Yep, that's it.  No splash screen, app hangs.  Bug report filed: 13669

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ben,
> I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything - if
> the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing
> happens.  I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get
> past that.  Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?
>
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.
>>
>> Release Contents
>>
>> LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8 Support.
>> For full details of the changes please see the release notes.
>>
>> Getting the release
>> You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
>> menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
>> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> The LiveCode Team

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Bob Sneidar-2
Hi Mike. I opened this to see what someone was responding to concerning LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 and got a post about preOpenStack instead! LOL!

preOpenStack is a tricky beast. Since it’s prior to the stack opening, certain things will not be in place, so things won’t function the way you might expect. This is especially true with standalones.

There were some good posts about this, particularly from Jacque in the past. Check the archives for details.

Bob S

On Oct 14, 2014, at 09:43 , Mike Kerner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ben,
> I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything - if
> the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing happens.
> I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past that.
> Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?
>
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.
>>
>> Release Contents
>>
>> LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8 Support.
>> For full details of the changes please see the release notes.
>>
>> Getting the release
>> You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
>> menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
>> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> The LiveCode Team

>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Mike Kerner
Bob,
The rc3 issue has to do with the presence or absence of a splash screen,
and nothing more.  Matthias has discovered the same issue, except he thinks
the problem is more extensive.  I am trying to verify his report, now.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Mike. I opened this to see what someone was responding to concerning
> LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 and got a post about preOpenStack instead! LOL!
>
> preOpenStack is a tricky beast. Since it’s prior to the stack opening,
> certain things will not be in place, so things won’t function the way you
> might expect. This is especially true with standalones.
>
> There were some good posts about this, particularly from Jacque in the
> past. Check the archives for details.
>
> Bob S
>

> On Oct 14, 2014, at 09:43 , Mike Kerner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > ben,
> > I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything - if
> > the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing happens.
> > I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past
> that.
> > Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear list members,
> >>
> >> We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.
> >>
> >> Release Contents
> >>
> >> LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8
> Support.
> >> For full details of the changes please see the release notes.
> >>
> >> Getting the release
> >> You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
> >> menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
> >> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
> >>
> >> Warm regards,
> >>
> >> The LiveCode Team
> >

> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >   and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Mike Kerner
Hmm.  This is getting more interesting.  Now it seems that maybe the splash
screen isn't important, but if you have answer dialog in the openStack handler,
or the preOpenStack handler, you get the hang.  If I use "put" instead, I
get output in the log.

once the card loads, I can use answer, and it seems to work.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Bob,
> The rc3 issue has to do with the presence or absence of a splash screen,
> and nothing more.  Matthias has discovered the same issue, except he thinks
> the problem is more extensive.  I am trying to verify his report, now.
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike. I opened this to see what someone was responding to concerning
>> LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 and got a post about preOpenStack instead! LOL!
>>
>> preOpenStack is a tricky beast. Since it’s prior to the stack opening,
>> certain things will not be in place, so things won’t function the way you
>> might expect. This is especially true with standalones.
>>
>> There were some good posts about this, particularly from Jacque in the
>> past. Check the archives for details.
>>
>> Bob S
>>

>> On Oct 14, 2014, at 09:43 , Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > ben,
>> > I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything -
>> if
>> > the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing
>> happens.
>> > I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past
>> that.
>> > Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?

>> Support.

>> > --
>> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>> >   and did a little diving.
>> > And God said, "This is good."

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Vaughn Clement
Hi

There is an IOS 8 bug that is also showing up in Xcode that is crashing
apps on startup. It is a know issue and Apple should be addressing it soon.
I was reading the comments on the forum today about this bug. It appears
that there is a memory loading issue that crashes to a blank screen on
opening.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
On Target Solutions LLC Website: http://www.ontargetsolutions.biz
Email: [hidden email]
Skype: vaughn.clement

FaceTime: [hidden email]
Ph. 928-254-9062

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ben,
> I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything - if
> the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing happens.
> I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past that.
> Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?
>
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear list members,
> >
> > We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.
> >
> > Release Contents
> >
> > LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8
> Support.
> > For full details of the changes please see the release notes.
> >
> > Getting the release
> > You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
> > menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
> > http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
> >
> > Warm regards,
> >
> > The LiveCode Team

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Mike Kerner
I wonder if these are related in some way.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Vaughn Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There is an IOS 8 bug that is also showing up in Xcode that is crashing
> apps on startup. It is a know issue and Apple should be addressing it soon.
> I was reading the comments on the forum today about this bug. It appears
> that there is a memory loading issue that crashes to a blank screen on
> opening.
>
> Thank you
>
> Vaughn Clement
>
> Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
> *http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
> <http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
> On Target Solutions LLC Website: http://www.ontargetsolutions.biz
> Email: [hidden email]
> Skype: vaughn.clement
>
> FaceTime: [hidden email]
> Ph. 928-254-9062
>

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > ben,
> > I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything - if
> > the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing happens.
> > I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past
> that.
> > Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dear list members,
> > >
> > > We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.
> > >
> > > Release Contents
> > >
> > > LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8
> > Support.
> > > For full details of the changes please see the release notes.
> > >
> > > Getting the release
> > > You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
> > > menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
> > > http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
> > >
> > > Warm regards,
> > >
> > > The LiveCode Team
> >

> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >    and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Bob Sneidar-2
That was one of the preOpenStack oddities I was talking about. Someone else had an issue stemming from this same thing. I just cannot remember what it was. My IT brain is like an open drain. Stuff swirls around for a bit then it’s gone.

Bob S

On Oct 14, 2014, at 10:30 , Mike Kerner <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hmm.  This is getting more interesting.  Now it seems that maybe the splash
screen isn't important, but if you have answer dialog in the openStack handler,
or the preOpenStack handler, you get the hang.  If I use "put" instead, I
get output in the log.

once the card loads, I can use answer, and it seems to work.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

Bob,
The rc3 issue has to do with the presence or absence of a splash screen,
and nothing more.  Matthias has discovered the same issue, except he thinks
the problem is more extensive.  I am trying to verify his report, now.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
wrote:

Hi Mike. I opened this to see what someone was responding to concerning
LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 and got a post about preOpenStack instead! LOL!

preOpenStack is a tricky beast. Since it’s prior to the stack opening,
certain things will not be in place, so things won’t function the way you
might expect. This is especially true with standalones.

There were some good posts about this, particularly from Jacque in the
past. Check the archives for details.

Bob S

On Oct 14, 2014, at 09:43 , Mike Kerner <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

ben,
I seem to be having a problem in rc3 getting projects to do anything -
if
the first line in preOpenStack is answer "preOpenStack", nothing
happens.
I get a black screen like the app is launching, but I don't get past
that.
Is the splash screen now mandatory, perhaps?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

Dear list members,

We're please the announce the release of LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3.

Release Contents

LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3 primarily addresses bugs associated with iOS 8
Support.
For full details of the changes please see the release notes.

Getting the release
You can get this release by selecting “check for updates” from the help
menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team

 and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

  and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

  and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Richmond Mathewson-2
Sorry lovely people, a bit slow on the uptake this time;

anyway, just fired up my iMac G5 [that's a PPC Mac running Mac OS 10.5.8
for those
who are recent arrivals to the Mac fan club] . . .

1. Still no installer icons inside the DMG in icon view.

1.1 icon is visible in list view; queer or what?

2. Installer icon not visible ib the Dock.

3. Installs to "You Only" with no obvious problems.

3. On install a generic icon appears in the user's Applications folder.

4. Launches OK.

5. Still no icon in the Dock.

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

pmbrig
On Oct 14, 2014, at 6:56 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> My IT brain is like an open drain. Stuff swirls around for a bit then it’s gone.

One of my patients, complaining of memory problems, said "I have a mind like a steel sieve."

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
[hidden email]
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig

Re: LiveCode 6.6.4 RC3

Terry Judd-2
Is that better or worse than a plastic trap?

Terry...