LiveCode 6.7.11 and OSX Mojave

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I was delighted to see that Mojave will still support 32 bit apps. We
have one app left still build under LC6.7.11 that will not be ready to
run under LC9.x.x this month for the September 24th release.

A question for the community: Has anyone tested LC6.7.11 under Mojave?
I read the Carbon APIs will be removed, but I think I recall that by LC6
LiveCode had already moved away from Carbon?

Any feedback as to LC6.7.11's ability to run under Mojave would be
appreciated.

Re: LiveCode 6.7.11 and OSX Mojave

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Paul,
I have two apps built in LC 6.6.5 and in very *brief* testing they both seem to work fine with the latest Mojave beta.

I have been feverishly working on one of them trying to get it ready for Mojave in case they remove 32 bit capability but LC 9 has a couple of glitches for me - the drag and drop issue, where after a drag and drop the stack acts like there’s a sheet of glass over the top and won’t respond to mouse clicks until you remove the cursor from the rect of the stack and back in. I have filed a bug report 21474.

I’ve also had a few crashes in LC 9 when printing. Bug report also filed # 21473 on August 8th. That one is stressing me out since a key function of my app is printing.

I have not tried using LC itself on Mojave though.

Marty

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 8:30 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I was delighted to see that Mojave will still support 32 bit apps. We
> have one app left still build under LC6.7.11 that will not be ready to
> run under LC9.x.x this month for the September 24th release.
>
> A question for the community: Has anyone tested LC6.7.11 under Mojave?
> I read the Carbon APIs will be removed, but I think I recall that by LC6
> LiveCode had already moved away from Carbon?
>
> Any feedback as to LC6.7.11's ability to run under Mojave would be
> appreciated.

Re: LiveCode 6.7.11 and OSX Mojave

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Marty,

Thank you!

I read today that Mojave will still support 32 bit apps (with the
current High Sierra warning message), so it sounds like I'll be okay
until the next OSX after Mohave and I should have migrated by them. I
already know somethings don't work. Print to PDF fails in High Sierra
under 6.7.11 (okay in Sierra and below), so I expect that to fail in
Mojave as well. Print to PDF works fine under LC9 under High Sierra, so
another reason for me to get to 9. We just couldn't make it by the 24th,
so I am glad it look like we have a little breathing room.

On 9/13/2018 11:50 AM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> I have two apps built in LC 6.6.5 and in very *brief* testing they both seem to work fine with the latest Mojave beta.
>
> I have been feverishly working on one of them trying to get it ready for Mojave in case they remove 32 bit capability but LC 9 has a couple of glitches for me - the drag and drop issue, where after a drag and drop the stack acts like there’s a sheet of glass over the top and won’t respond to mouse clicks until you remove the cursor from the rect of the stack and back in. I have filed a bug report 21474.
>
> I’ve also had a few crashes in LC 9 when printing. Bug report also filed # 21473 on August 8th. That one is stressing me out since a key function of my app is printing.
>
> I have not tried using LC itself on Mojave though.
>
> Marty
>
>> On Sep 13, 2018, at 8:30 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I was delighted to see that Mojave will still support 32 bit apps. We
>> have one app left still build under LC6.7.11 that will not be ready to
>> run under LC9.x.x this month for the September 24th release.
>>
>> A question for the community: Has anyone tested LC6.7.11 under Mojave?
>> I read the Carbon APIs will be removed, but I think I recall that by LC6
>> LiveCode had already moved away from Carbon?
>>
>> Any feedback as to LC6.7.11's ability to run under Mojave would be
>> appreciated.

Re: LiveCode 6.7.11 and OSX Mojave

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Yes I recently discovered that Print to PDF (with LC 6.6.5) failed under High Sierra. So I pop a window that tells people how to use the built-in Mac feature to print to PDF as a stop-gap.

Where did you read that Mojave will support 32 bit apps? I would to like be able to point customers to a source on that - thanks!

On 9/13/2018 12:09 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:
> Where did you read that Mojave will support 32 bit apps? I would to like be able to point customers to a source on that - thanks!

It was in a developer email I received form Apple. I delete it, so
unfortunately, I don't have a copy to forward on to you.