LiveCode @ Davos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LiveCode @ Davos

Todd Fabacher
Hello LiveCoders,

I am at Davos for a little business and was inspired to create a LiveCode
App during the conference. I am creating a blog post for each day, and the
goal is to create an app that "will make the world a better place", which
is the goal of the conference. I am also trying to pitch LiveCode a the
perfect solution for what many of the leaders are complaining about:
falling behind in technology and creating a barrier of entry into the
startup world for the disadvantaged. I think LiveCode can be part of the
solution.

There are 2 post up there now and I have have a few more to go to create my
App. So find out what's going on at what seems to be the center of the
world for the week and if you are so inclined, help us finish a biz planing
app for micro and small businesses around the world. Here are the two blog
post so far:

https://livecode.com/planning-for-better-at-the-world-economic-forum/
https://livecode.com/day-2-in-davos-security-wireframing/

Please make comments and check out the code....

Cheers,

Todd Fabacher
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode @ Davos

Mark Talluto-3

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 7:27 AM, Todd Fabacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello LiveCoders,
>
> I am at Davos for a little business and was inspired to create a LiveCode
> App during the conference. … [snip]

Hi Todd. Interesting stuff. Are you planning to market this product once it is finished? Or, is this something you give out for free once it is ready? Or, is this more a proof of concept that you do not intend to complete but give away for some other party to finish up?


Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>
canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>



_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode @ Davos

Todd Fabacher
In reply to this post by Todd Fabacher
Hi Mark.

Great question. Yes, we 100% will make this a thriving company. This will
be the first app of many. Talking with my team, they want to expand into
the the Business Canvas Model app and also into the vertical market like
specific apps like Marketing. We feel like creating an enterprise solution
by creating a central repository for all the small plans. This would be
great for franchise companies.

We are also focused on a solution to create elaborate reports in LiveCode
from the phone. The real issue is having the report in HTML and a PDF to
email, so we are meeting to find a solution for that now. No matter what
business app you are developing, having a proper reporting infrastructure
is critical. This needs to be solved by us today. We just had our daily
morning call and it seem we are moving into the direction of HTML and then
converting that into PDF.

Yes, we will be sharing most of the code, but the idea is to crete a
business out of it. So we will not be giving away the completed final
project.

--Todd

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 7:27 AM, Todd Fabacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello LiveCoders,
>
> I am at Davos for a little business and was inspired to create a LiveCode
> App during the conference. ? [snip]

Hi Todd. Interesting stuff. Are you planning to market this product once it
is finished? Or, is this something you give out for free once it is ready?
Or, is this more a proof of concept that you do not intend to complete but
give away for some other party to finish up?


Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>
canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode @ Davos

rjd318
In reply to this post by Todd Fabacher
I'm intrigued at what you are trying to do -- the idea is great
and watching the process and development of it is surpisingly exciting.
This is how a borderless business mind works.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Todd Fabacher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello LiveCoders,
>
> I am at Davos for a little business and was inspired to create a LiveCode
> App during the conference. I am creating a blog post for each day, and the
> goal is to create an app that "will make the world a better place", which
> is the goal of the conference. I am also trying to pitch LiveCode a the
> perfect solution for what many of the leaders are complaining about:
> falling behind in technology and creating a barrier of entry into the
> startup world for the disadvantaged. I think LiveCode can be part of the
> solution.
>
> There are 2 post up there now and I have have a few more to go to create my
> App. So find out what's going on at what seems to be the center of the
> world for the week and if you are so inclined, help us finish a biz planing
> app for micro and small businesses around the world. Here are the two blog
> post so far:
>
> https://livecode.com/planning-for-better-at-the-world-economic-forum/
> https://livecode.com/day-2-in-davos-security-wireframing/
>
> Please make comments and check out the code....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Todd Fabacher
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode @ Davos

AndyP
In reply to this post by Todd Fabacher
Hi Todd,
You're giving me an interesting and different perspective of what goes on at Davos, great absorbing blog.. waiting eagerly for the next installment!

I downloaded the stacks and all worked well in my ide running LC6.7.3 on Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon. You're right about the sliders for setting the values, very initiative and easy.

It will be fantastic if you manage to get positive interest from delegates..good hunting :-)
Andy Piddock

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode @ Davos

Trevor DeVore
In reply to this post by Todd Fabacher
On Saturday, January 23, 2016, Todd Fabacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> We are also focused on a solution to create elaborate reports in LiveCode
> from the phone. The real issue is having the report in HTML and a PDF to
> email, so we are meeting to find a solution for that now. No matter what
> business app you are developing, having a proper reporting infrastructure
> is critical. This needs to be solved by us today. We just had our daily
> morning call and it seem we are moving into the direction of HTML and then
> converting that into PDF


If you haven't already, take a look at Prince. It converts HTML to PDF and
does a great job of it. docraptor.com is an online service that uses Prince
and provides an API.

--
Trevor DeVore
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode @ Davos

Jim Lambert
In reply to this post by Todd Fabacher
Good,

Your evangelizing LC at Davos is very cool.
Bravos at Davos!

Jim Lambert

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode