LiveCode Server syntax to call function in CGI folder

LiveCode Server syntax to call function in CGI folder

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Folks,
Can anyone please steer me to any docs explaining the (relative?) path syntax needed to traverse from a public file 'public_html/index.lc' to more private resources in 'public_html/CGI’ folder, to:
1: Require CGI/myFile.lc?
2: Call myFunction() in CGI/myFile.lc?

The LC Server introductory lessons don’t seem to cover how to split public/private assets - unless I’m missing something?

Thanks in advance
Keith

Re: LiveCode Server syntax to call function in CGI folder

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Do you want to call an .lc file from outside the public_html file?
If so then
copy the .lc file  (lets say myscript.lc) to outside of the public_html, for example to /home/custom_scripts.

Then in your .lc file in public_html use

include "home/custom_scripts/myscript.lc

to include the script myscript.lc into your main script.

Regards,

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
https://instamaker.dermattes.de
https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de

> Am 23.11.2018 um 21:21 schrieb Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Folks,
> Can anyone please steer me to any docs explaining the (relative?) path syntax needed to traverse from a public file 'public_html/index.lc' to more private resources in 'public_html/CGI’ folder, to:
> 1: Require CGI/myFile.lc?
> 2: Call myFunction() in CGI/myFile.lc?
>
> The LC Server introductory lessons don’t seem to cover how to split public/private assets - unless I’m missing something?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Keith

Re: LiveCode Server syntax to call function in CGI folder

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Thanks Matthias, '<?lc include "cgi-bin/menu.lc" ?>’ worked a treat.

I was overthinking the security aspects and attempting to call the private CGI function from ‘across the divide’ in the public_html root rather than include the CGI files.

Clearly too much time spent with javascript, where included files are visible client-side in the browser (and its dev tools). Now I can see that the included LiveCode scripts stay server-side …and private!

Best,
Keith