LiveCode Widget Factory

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hello LiveCoders,

I hope all is going well. As Kevin announced before...Gurgen, myself, the
DP team and the FANTASTIC  LiveCode team [providing wonderful support] are
working on creating LCB widgets that will catapult the LC platform and
improve productivity.

I have been in touch with a few people to get their ideas and needs, but I
wanted to reach out and check with the community. At first, we have decided
to focus these for round one:

Basic Native UI elements
Native Maps
Voice to Text
Bluetooth Device Connection
Beacons
Security/Fingerprint
Playing sound/music in the background when the phone sleeps like Spotify or
iTunes.

For Phase Two we are looking at...
BarCode Scanner & Maker
Charts
iCal like Calendar [Day, Week, Month, Year]
Clipboard for mobile

We are mostly looking at creating many UI elements and functionality that
is native and not accessible now and other widgets that will save days of
coding by grouping functionality into one simple widget [with the difficult
code encapsulated].

A few of the controls will be open sourced but the vast majority will be
for sale at a reasonable price. Sorry, Gurgen and Team don't work for free
and my landlord does not have an open source building, so please save the
digital trees with replies of why we should be open source.

We are excited and will be working VERY hard. Good News, DP was VERY
successful at the Seaside Summit in UEA. We also have two LiveCode based
startups selected to be profiled at Collision Conference
https://collisionconf.com in April. One App is coded for Android, iOS,
Windows, MacOS, LINUX local Server & TV HDMI output and a big LiveCode
Server implementation for the cloud. It uses TCP, UDP, HTTPS, and SFTP
protocols. Extensive encryption and a distributed network that will have
200,000 simultaneous global users. WOW...all of this with one code base -
that is the power of LiveCode.

--DP & LC teams
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
This sounds fantastic!!!  I have to ask, when you say "Native", do you mean
it should work on ANY of the "LiveCode-supported" platforms, both desktop
and/or mobile?

~Roger


On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello LiveCoders,
>
> I hope all is going well. As Kevin announced before...Gurgen, myself, the
> DP team and the FANTASTIC  LiveCode team [providing wonderful support] are
> working on creating LCB widgets that will catapult the LC platform and
> improve productivity.
>
> I have been in touch with a few people to get their ideas and needs, but I
> wanted to reach out and check with the community. At first, we have decided
> to focus these for round one:
>
> Basic Native UI elements
> Native Maps
> Voice to Text
> Bluetooth Device Connection
> Beacons
> Security/Fingerprint
> Playing sound/music in the background when the phone sleeps like Spotify or
> iTunes.
>
> For Phase Two we are looking at...
> BarCode Scanner & Maker
> Charts
> iCal like Calendar [Day, Week, Month, Year]
> Clipboard for mobile
>
> We are mostly looking at creating many UI elements and functionality that
> is native and not accessible now and other widgets that will save days of
> coding by grouping functionality into one simple widget [with the difficult
> code encapsulated].
>
> A few of the controls will be open sourced but the vast majority will be
> for sale at a reasonable price. Sorry, Gurgen and Team don't work for free
> and my landlord does not have an open source building, so please save the
> digital trees with replies of why we should be open source.
>
> We are excited and will be working VERY hard. Good News, DP was VERY
> successful at the Seaside Summit in UEA. We also have two LiveCode based
> startups selected to be profiled at Collision Conference
> https://collisionconf.com in April. One App is coded for Android, iOS,
> Windows, MacOS, LINUX local Server & TV HDMI output and a big LiveCode
> Server implementation for the cloud. It uses TCP, UDP, HTTPS, and SFTP
> protocols. Extensive encryption and a distributed network that will have
> 200,000 simultaneous global users. WOW...all of this with one code base -
> that is the power of LiveCode.
>
> --DP & LC teams
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> Todd F. wrote:
> I have been in touch with a few people to get their ideas and needs,
> but I wanted to reach out and check with the community.
> At first, wehave decided to focus these for round one:
> Basic Native UI elements, Native Maps ....

Please start with *cross-platform-native* widgets for all of the UI elements in
the LC Tools (which all are "basic").

Alone reaching that single target before 2021 would be a little wonder.

I admire what is possible already now with LCB. Alone the problem are not missing
ideas/unknown needs but it is the still experimental state of LCB.




_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
This is a wonderful development and should add tremendously to Livecode’s desirability as a development platform.

Bill P

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

On Feb 21, 2018, at 2:56 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Todd F. wrote:
>> I have been in touch with a few people to get their ideas and needs,
>> but I wanted to reach out and check with the community.
>> At first, wehave decided to focus these for round one:
>> Basic Native UI elements, Native Maps ....
>
> Please start with *cross-platform-native* widgets for all of the UI elements in
> the LC Tools (which all are "basic").
>
> Alone reaching that single target before 2021 would be a little wonder.
>
> I admire what is possible already now with LCB. Alone the problem are not missing
> ideas/unknown needs but it is the still experimental state of LCB.
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks...But nobody gave any suggestions????


Roger Eller wrote: do you mean it should work on ANY of the
"LiveCode-supported" platforms, both desktop and/or mobile?

--Honestly, our main focus will be mobile at first, but our goal is all
platforms. As you can see in the list, many are mobile issues that
LiveCode currently has no access to.We will try but all platforms may come
after we have completed the mobile and worked out the bugs for LCB.


hh wrote: Please start with *cross-platform-native* widgets for all of the
UI elements in
the LC Tools (which all are "basic").

--Yes, Ali has provided a good multiplatform example of a button. We are
taking this example and creating a structure/template for all basic UI
widgets.  This is our goal, but the #1 goal right now is mobile and getting
them in a widget store for people to purchase and use. But before 2021
should not be an issue. We need to get the LC platform access to Native
functionality to the coders because the competition is doing this. We need
it to get new members and keep existing community members.

BTW HH, thanks for the LBC property sample app you did, it was helpful.


--Todd
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Todd,
that sounds really promising. Any ideas already if the “to be payed” widgets are offered as a yearly subscription or for a  time payment?

Widget request: A widget that allows to place an icon (including menu function) into the menu bar on Mac OSX or into the task bar on the right (don´t know the exact expression in english for that area) on Windows
I know LC already allows this on Windows, but a widget which supports both OSes would be better. So one has to code it once for both instead of coding it for each OS seperately.

Regards,
Matthias


Matthias Rebbe
Tel +49 5741 310000
https://matthiasrebbe.eu <https://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 21.02.2018 um 22:10 schrieb Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Hello LiveCoders,
>
> I hope all is going well. As Kevin announced before...Gurgen, myself, the
> DP team and the FANTASTIC  LiveCode team [providing wonderful support] are
> working on creating LCB widgets that will catapult the LC platform and
> improve productivity.
>
> I have been in touch with a few people to get their ideas and needs, but I
> wanted to reach out and check with the community. At first, we have decided
> to focus these for round one:
>
> Basic Native UI elements
> Native Maps
> Voice to Text
> Bluetooth Device Connection
> Beacons
> Security/Fingerprint
> Playing sound/music in the background when the phone sleeps like Spotify or
> iTunes.
>
> For Phase Two we are looking at...
> BarCode Scanner & Maker
> Charts
> iCal like Calendar [Day, Week, Month, Year]
> Clipboard for mobile
>
> We are mostly looking at creating many UI elements and functionality that
> is native and not accessible now and other widgets that will save days of
> coding by grouping functionality into one simple widget [with the difficult
> code encapsulated].
>
> A few of the controls will be open sourced but the vast majority will be
> for sale at a reasonable price. Sorry, Gurgen and Team don't work for free
> and my landlord does not have an open source building, so please save the
> digital trees with replies of why we should be open source.
>
> We are excited and will be working VERY hard. Good News, DP was VERY
> successful at the Seaside Summit in UEA. We also have two LiveCode based
> startups selected to be profiled at Collision Conference
> https://collisionconf.com <https://collisionconf.com/> in April. One App is coded for Android, iOS,
> Windows, MacOS, LINUX local Server & TV HDMI output and a big LiveCode
> Server implementation for the cloud. It uses TCP, UDP, HTTPS, and SFTP
> protocols. Extensive encryption and a distributed network that will have
> 200,000 simultaneous global users. WOW...all of this with one code base -
> that is the power of LiveCode.
>
> --DP & LC teams
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode <http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode>



Matthias Rebbe
Tel +49 5741 310000
https://matthiasrebbe.eu <https://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Maybe a bit off the wall, but, how about some non visual Android widgets.

Eg a widget for accessing Google Ad-mob which has a status of visible in the
ide but hidden in the compiled version. The properties are for your keys
etc.

Again for Google LeaderBoards etc.

As for visual.. look here https://framework7.io/

On the RHS is a running demo of all of the components which can be live
switched between Material and iOS ... should give you enough ideas :-)

Looking forward to your creations.

Andy






-----
Andy Piddock


My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode


Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk 

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode
--
Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Todd Fabacher wrote:

 > As Kevin announced before...

Where was this announced?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> Todd F. wrote:
> Yes, Ali has provided a good multiplatform example of a button. We are
> taking this example and creating a structure/template for all basic UI
> widgets. This is our goal, but the #1 goal right now is mobile and getting
> them in a widget store for people to purchase and use. But before 2021
> should not be an issue.

You had always a lot of impressing reality-based ideas.
But here you speak of non-existing widgets in a close to non-existing widgets
centre (the word "store" has such a negative sound).
Why not simply start with facts, an own "cross-platform-native" widget?
One beyond a "Hello <control>" example?

> BTW HH, thanks for the LBC property sample app you did, it was helpful.

If you mean the Controlkit: It is free, cross-platform, and there are around
100 downloads. Who should live from 100 downloads?

Probably it is this crazy Apple world: Let people pay for a big part of
hot air. And they will luckily buy it and praise that part of hot air.
But Apple has the monopole for that.


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hey Todd, your suggestions for the widgets are as good as any that I may
have

The voice to speech is interesting to me, I'm assuming its a wrapper for
googles TTS API?

Thanks for your efforts and commitment to the community



On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:32 PM, hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Todd F. wrote:
> > Yes, Ali has provided a good multiplatform example of a button. We are
> > taking this example and creating a structure/template for all basic UI
> > widgets. This is our goal, but the #1 goal right now is mobile and
> getting
> > them in a widget store for people to purchase and use. But before 2021
> > should not be an issue.
>
> You had always a lot of impressing reality-based ideas.
> But here you speak of non-existing widgets in a close to non-existing
> widgets
> centre (the word "store" has such a negative sound).
> Why not simply start with facts, an own "cross-platform-native" widget?
> One beyond a "Hello <control>" example?
>
> > BTW HH, thanks for the LBC property sample app you did, it was helpful.
>
> If you mean the Controlkit: It is free, cross-platform, and there are
> around
> 100 downloads. Who should live from 100 downloads?
>
> Probably it is this crazy Apple world: Let people pay for a big part of
> hot air. And they will luckily buy it and praise that part of hot air.
> But Apple has the monopole for that.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Not sure this is feasible yet, I’m still in the early research stage, but I’ve just seen a point where one of the iOS apps that I built for my own personal use could be made much more useful if it could communicate with Apple Watch, it’s basically for quickly and easily recording times of certain events, so not very complex.

Could a widget be used for communicating with Apple Watch?

I appreciate the watch app would probably need to be built with Xcode or Swift, but if a LC app could communicate with it, that would be awesome and definitely worth paying for.

Paul

> On Feb 22, 2018, at 3:38 AM, Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks...But nobody gave any suggestions????

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
TL;DR will we be able to use those commercial widgets in an open source context? If so, which license would fit?

Hey Todd,

Hoping not to waste your time here. This might be a long mail and I am unsure if I am to hit the send button at all. Having had one too many this evening I finally find some time again to take a peek at what is happening in the LiveCode universe.  As nowadays I mostly only skim the lists I was about to wish you good luck thinking this will be nice stuff,  but not for me. Nowadays I do not code much anymore. No more commercial projects. Making ends meet as a consultant nowadays. I have the luxury to look after one project that must be released under an open source license. I would have no problem at all paying for widgets for the project, however in the end I will have to put the end result under an open source license (not necessarily GPL, this is enforced by the need that the community version must be able to be used.) I do own a LC Indy subscription. I have just learned that something like a community plus version exists. That made me actually curious. Because it seems that that version is like community, but may use commercial widgets! Do you know what license requirements the end result of a compile of such a version needs to meet? I would love to be able to use all the nice stuff. No trouble paying up if it is good. But what I realese using those widgets I am willing to pay for if I include them must be open source. Is there a solution to that? If that would be an option, I’ll more than happily switch from GPL3 to something else, but how would that work? Mothership?

Cheers,

Malte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode


> On 23 Feb 2018, at 9:25 am, Malte Pfaff-Brill via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> TL;DR will we be able to use those commercial widgets in an open source context? If so, which license would fit?

Hi Malte

Community Plus is not open source. The only open source edition of LiveCode is Community so you need to use extensions that are licensed with GPL 3 compatible licenses https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses>

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Monte Goulding wrote:
 > Community Plus is not open source. The only open source edition
 > of LiveCode is Community so you need to use extensions that are
 > licensed with GPL 3 compatible licenses

I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time keeping up with the
details that distinguish the various editions, but from the web site:

    Just like LiveCode Community this is an open source edition of
    LiveCode and carries with it the same requirement for making your
    code open and shareable. Where it differs from the Open Source
    edition is in all of the extra goodies it comes with.

https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/

?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode


> On 23 Feb 2018, at 3:13 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time keeping up with the details that distinguish the various editions, but from the web site:
>
>   Just like LiveCode Community this is an open source edition of
>   LiveCode and carries with it the same requirement for making your
>   code open and shareable. Where it differs from the Open Source
>   edition is in all of the extra goodies it comes with.
>
> https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/ <https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/>
>
> ?

Poorly worded perhaps. The intent is the license requires user code to be open sourced and un-password protectable while the LC edition/engine itself is not. I must confess I don’t know much about the particulars of the license we have used, however, I know it permits commercial extensions and even password protected stacks (presuming the protection was done on indy or business) to be used.

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Monte Goulding wrote:

 >> On 23 Feb 2018, at 3:13 pm, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time keeping up with the
 >> details that distinguish the various editions, but from the web site:
 >>
 >>   Just like LiveCode Community this is an open source edition of
 >>   LiveCode and carries with it the same requirement for making your
 >>   code open and shareable. Where it differs from the Open Source
 >>   edition is in all of the extra goodies it comes with.
 >>
 >> https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/
 >>
 >> ?
 >
 > Poorly worded perhaps. The intent is the license requires user code
 > to be open sourced and un-password protectable while the LC
 > edition/engine itself is not. I must confess I don’t know much about
 > the particulars of the license we have used, however, I know it
 > permits commercial extensions and even password protected stacks
 > (presuming the protection was done on indy or business) to be used.

Thanks.

Curious.  I searched for "license" on that page and couldn't find a link
to one.  Do you know where I might be able to review the license before
purchasing?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
On 02/22/2018 08:22 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

> Poorly worded perhaps. The intent is the license requires user code to be open sourced and un-password protectable while the LC edition/engine itself is not. I must confess I don’t know much about the particulars of the license we have used, however, I know it permits commercial extensions and even password protected stacks (presuming the protection was done on indy or business) to be used.

The licensing is even weirder than that:

"This edition only allows you to use commercial extensions (including
protected code) purchased through the LiveCode marketplace. You may not
attempt to circumvent this restriction by using commercial extensions
created elsewhere."

"This Licensed Edition is not compatible with the terms of the GPL and
such software may not be incorporated or utilized with this Licensed
Edition."

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode


> On 23 Feb 2018, at 3:43 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks.
>
> Curious.  I searched for "license" on that page and couldn't find a link to one.  Do you know where I might be able to review the license before purchasing?

I’m not sure if our licenses are linked anywhere other than bundled with the app sorry.

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In reply to this post by J. Landman Gay via use-livecode


> On 23 Feb 2018, at 3:47 pm, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The licensing is even weirder than that:
>
> "This edition only allows you to use commercial extensions (including protected code) purchased through the LiveCode marketplace. You may not attempt to circumvent this restriction by using commercial extensions created elsewhere.”

Woops, forgot that bit. Not that weird though… the idea is an entry level that can also enjoy commercial extensions. We already have an entry level that can enjoy open source extensions ;-)

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LiveCode Widget Factory

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
On 02/22/2018 08:53 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
>
>
>> On 23 Feb 2018, at 3:47 pm, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The licensing is even weirder than that:
>>
>> "This edition only allows you to use commercial extensions (including protected code) purchased through the LiveCode marketplace. You may not attempt to circumvent this restriction by using commercial extensions created elsewhere.”
>
> Woops, forgot that bit. Not that weird though… the idea is an entry level that can also enjoy commercial extensions. We already have an entry level that can enjoy open source extensions ;-)

Yeah, I get that part. No worries.
I'm baffled, though, by the restriction on where you can get extensions.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
12