LiveCode and iOS Simulator Set Up

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi All,

I am trying to set up a new school Mac laptop with Xcode so that I can run the iOS simulator on it with Livecode.

I have tried LiveCode 8.1.7 and 8.1.9 with Xcode most recent version of Xcode, 9.0, and 9.1.  Each time I attempt to launch the simulator in LiveCode I get the message, “The simulator seems to be taking a long time to launch…”. Eventually, it times out and the app never launches in the simulator.

I’m guessing I am not using the correct versions of LiveCode or, possibly, Xcode?  Is there a link to documentation on how to get the simulator to work?

Thank you!

Re: LiveCode and iOS Simulator Set Up

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi John,

For LC 8.1.9 you have to use Xcode 9.2 if you are on MacOS 10.12.6+.

Moreover, you have to open the simulator first *from Xcode*. See this
thread fro more details:

Panos
--

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 5:44 PM, JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to set up a new school Mac laptop with Xcode so that I can run
> the iOS simulator on it with Livecode.
>
> I have tried LiveCode 8.1.7 and 8.1.9 with Xcode most recent version of
> Xcode, 9.0, and 9.1.  Each time I attempt to launch the simulator in
> LiveCode I get the message, “The simulator seems to be taking a long time
> to launch…”. Eventually, it times out and the app never launches in the
> simulator.
>
> I’m guessing I am not using the correct versions of LiveCode or, possibly,
> Xcode?  Is there a link to documentation on how to get the simulator to
> work?
>
> Thank you!

Re: LiveCode and iOS Simulator Set Up

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I’m having the same problem, John. Here’s is what I wrote to Dan just a few days ago:

First off, I’m in Mac OS 10.13.3 so I’m not sure this will help.

The simulator has been consistently giving me the message “The simulator seems to be taking a long time to launch….” I respond to this message with No, the simulator stays open but unloaaded. I then find I can go to the Simulator menu and select my device under Hardware and everything works.

HTH,

Roger