LiveCode code licences

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
I am vaguely concerned as my Indy licence is due to expire on 31 May of
this year.

Does this mean that:

1. On 1 June all my Indy installs will suddenly go "phut" and stop working?

2. On 1 June all the Indy installs I have currently installed will
suddenly "degenerate" into Community versions?

3. On 1 June all the Indy installs I have currently installed will
continue working,
      but I will be unable to download further versions and licence them?

4. Why am I 99% sure the answer is #1 ?

NOW: over at my other e-mail address, where, for various daft reasons
that I have forgotten, I use my
first name (John), I have been "mail-bombed" by LiveCode offering me
"lifetime" Indy licence for
$500 . . . all dependent on my not already being the owner of a licence
(this is a bit of a pain).

Is that $500 offer generally available . . . ?

Re: LiveCode code licences

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
I suspect this would have been a better question to submit to [hidden email]. That said, to my knowledge no distributed apps (standalones) are going to stop working. You will not be able to develop in LC Indy however. It won't even launch. You *can* open these stacks in the Community version, but of course any plug-ins/addons that depend on Indy (or higher) will not be included.

Your Indy installs will not degenerate. You would have to download and install Community, and use that instead.

It's doubtful the offer extends to current developers.

Bob S

> On Apr 3, 2018, at 10:58 , Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am vaguely concerned as my Indy licence is due to expire on 31 May of this year.
>
> Does this mean that:
>
> 1. On 1 June all my Indy installs will suddenly go "phut" and stop working?
>
> 2. On 1 June all the Indy installs I have currently installed will suddenly "degenerate" into Community versions?
>
> 3. On 1 June all the Indy installs I have currently installed will continue working,
>     but I will be unable to download further versions and licence them?
>
> 4. Why am I 99% sure the answer is #1 ?
>
> NOW: over at my other e-mail address, where, for various daft reasons that I have forgotten, I use my
> first name (John), I have been "mail-bombed" by LiveCode offering me "lifetime" Indy licence for
> $500 . . . all dependent on my not already being the owner of a licence (this is a bit of a pain).
>
> Is that $500 offer generally available . . . ?
>
> Richmond.

Re: LiveCode code licences

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
Yes your Indy license will expire. Given what it costs to maintain LiveCode we need revenue annually. I'm not sure what offer you are referring to but there is no such deal available to anyone.
null