LiveCode crashing when I try to make a Mac standalone

LiveCode crashing when I try to make a Mac standalone

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I have tried this with 8.1.5 rc2, 8.1.5, and 8.1.6 rc1.

LiveCode unexpectedly quits while making the standalone. Sometimes it gets far enough for the resulting app to function and sometimes it does not. The resulting app does not appear to have the icon attached.

What are some things I should be checking for?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: LiveCode crashing when I try to make a Mac standalone

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi Jonathan,

You could:

1. Type in the message box: "put true into grevdevelopment"
2. And then "edit the script of stack revsaveasstandalone"
3. Add breakpoints to the command "revSaveAsMacStandalone"
4. Save as standalone
5. The debugger should now stop at the first breakpoint
6. Click the "step over" button until you find the line that causes the
crash

However, since LC should not crash, I would suggest you file a bug report
and attach (or send to [hidden email] directly) the sample stack

Best regards,
Panos
--

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have tried this with 8.1.5 rc2, 8.1.5, and 8.1.6 rc1.
>
> LiveCode unexpectedly quits while making the standalone. Sometimes it gets
> far enough for the resulting app to function and sometimes it does not. The
> resulting app does not appear to have the icon attached.
>
> What are some things I should be checking for?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: LiveCode crashing when I try to make a Mac standalone

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Thank you Panos

Sent from my iPhone