LiveCode support of HTTP-methods other than GET and POST

LiveCode support of HTTP-methods other than GET and POST

Alain Farmer
Hello y'all,

In particular: Jan Schenkel and Ray Horsley.

I have not posted in a l-o-n-g time.

To be precise, this is not a new post; it's a repost that is still relevant to me.

Does LiveCode support HTTP-methods other than GET and POST ?

IOW, does LiveCode support the following http-methods : HEAD, PUT, DELETE

I'm asking because there are web-based CRUDs that could therefore be leveraged.
Ex: Couch-DB

CRUD = Create, Read, Update, Delete
Create = PUT
Read  = GET
Update = POST
Delete = DELETE

If it is not currently implemented, are there any bounty-hunters wishing to take this on ?

Btw Couch-DB is a powerful noSQL database, open-source of-course, that is accessed via HTTP.

It's speciality is replication and synchronization.
Supports any topology: master-slave, peer-to-peer, etc.
Couch stores everything as JSON, which is JavaScript's native data-exchange format.
JSON is used by many applications. It's easy to generate, and easy to parse.

This could REALLY open-up things for RunRev!  :-))

Alain F.

Re: LiveCode support of HTTP-methods other than GET and POST

Richard Gaskin
This old MetaCard list has few members and very little activity.  I
don't believe I've seen a post here in years.

You might try joining the very active LiveCode list:

...or the forums:
http://forums.livecode.com/index.php