Livecode 9.0.0 (Problem Saving??)

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
Hello:

I work with a stack with 18.000 cards (86 MB).
When I do “Save”, it takes 12 minutes to execute it, and generate new file.
This same option in Livecode 5.5.4 is solved in a few seconds

Un saludo.

Joseba Aguayo Fernández
([hidden email])

Re: Livecode 9.0.0 (Problem Saving??)

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
You probably will not want to hear this, but if each card is simply a record in a "database" then you should be made aware the unlike the Hypercard engine, the Livecode engine is not optimized to work this way. If you have common card layouts (I call them forms) you should consider using only one card for each form, and then accessing a database like sqLite, or storing your data in arrays saved as properties of the cards or stack.

Bob S